• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

This is what I'm saying superuser is more of a setting if u will. If SuperSU could have been used with this rom they more than likely would have. But I could be missing a point ur trying to make which would allow the switch. I can't get titanium to recognize my ext folder. Need a kitkat SD fix checker app like busybox checker or root checker so ppl can go from there if they're SD fix isn't fixed. Idk I'm sure there's alot I'm not picking up on here and I'm no developer or anything so I'm so not trying to doubt U wish I had a PC, but If there is a way to switch superuser and superSU with this ROM Without PC I'm all for it.

You have a different ROM. Not sure what you ROM have, but it's not the v2 Carbon. Maybe you're using the old v1 ROM?

Anyways, just start over from the beginning. It would be faster and less troubles.

Hmmmmm I've never taken SD card out before to wipe internal memory only. Idk maybe I'm missing something with ur technique idk. But I always wipe everything before I flash a ROM that's a given. And I knw what ur saying and yes it would work but as far as I knw not on this particular ROM bud I wish. Again maybe I'm wrong and If I am sweet means ur right and I can set this ROM up with superSU

Hmmmmm I've never taken SD card out before to wipe internal memory only. Idk maybe I'm missing something with ur technique idk. But I always wipe everything before I flash a ROM that's a given. And I knw what ur saying and yes it would work but as far as I knw not on this particular ROM bud I wish. Again maybe I'm wrong and If I am sweet means ur right and I can set this ROM up with superSU

You don't really have to take out the SD first. It just so you can just easily check all boxes on the TWRP advanced wipe doing a full wipe.

It's simple if you start fresh. Shouldn't have any troubles if you follow my instructions step by step.

This is what I'm saying superuser is more of a setting if u will. If SuperSU could have been used with this rom they more than likely would have. But I could be missing a point ur trying to make which would allow the switch. I can't get titanium to recognize my ext folder. Need a kitkat SD fix checker app like busybox checker or root checker so ppl can go from there if they're SD fix isn't fixed. Idk I'm sure there's alot I'm not picking up on here and I'm no developer or anything so I'm so not trying to doubt U wish I had a PC, but If there is a way to switch superuser and superSU with this ROM Without PC I'm all for it.
Just flash the SuperSU update zip through twrp.

So just head to beginning of carbon ROM thread an try to find correct build which should be starring me in the face I prosume? Ok this again I'm off to get started thx

You're right Earlymon our bad
O no doubt I m on an old ROM version ?
O wow ok I didn't realize. This for taking Tim out to fill me in on this sooo much bro
So just head to beginning of carbon ROM thread an try to find correct build which should be starring me in the face I prosume? Ok this again I'm off to get started thx
If someone has not posted since the last time you did, the polite thing to do is edit your post instead of making a whole new post. Also, take a minute to think about whether there is another question you're going to want to ask 2 minutes later. You will be more likely to receive better assistance if you don't blow up the thread youre on by posting back to back with machinegun-like speed. Some people will be annoyed by this and just ignore your questions. Im not trying to tear you a new one, just trying to help.
Edit: You may also want to proofread your posts before you submit them. It is easier for people to understand you if your post makes sense.

i'm having a small problem, whenever i leave my phone alone for awhile it turns off, then i have to manually turn it on by either taking out the battery or plugging it to charge or by messing with the power botton.
i don't what could be causing this problem?

Let me check it out real quick friend an il report back to U. Don't think its working as of now though.

Ur on 4.4.4 Carbon ROM correct? Ya idk Bluetooth works fine on Carbon ROM on my device.

yeap. the only thing that doesn't work

thanks for checking. its getting pretty frustrating though as I have a nice bluetooth speaker I can not use.

Ok got you... This its what are you gonna do ...
Go to recovery wipe/factory.reset
Then wipe data/ cache/ dalvik cache

** install lates Rev2 Rom and gaaps
Reboot.... Setup ur device
Then reboot into recovery again
Wipe cache and dalvik
*** install this kernel http://androidforums.com/index.php?posts/6957959
** Superhcharged-A1b2.intelliplug-1.8ghz.zip **
Reboot. You should be good to go and overclock u can use whatever cpu app that you like. We recommend "fauxclock" or "PerformanceControl" you can use 3c.Tools ( Android Tuner) to setup ur CPUs
"Notice" with new Rom some apps would not upload properly cus binding is broken Thanx to the apps2sd implementation. For any apps installed after the SD.hacks would encounter troubles... The only way to fix that its by either forced.install in root directory like priv-app or apps not on data directory... I recommend that you should take your time and read through the entire threat to understand what its going on. Specially if this is all new to you. So you won't encounter bootloops or softbricks.
Thanks alot I <3 you IT WORKS

Heres a link on case anyone else has a problem with bluetooth

Reboot into recovery, Wipe everything you can on internal memory, allow SU rights to take again from inside TWRP, flash carbonROM & proper gapps togearher or just rom first? Kk fix flashed with rom or after? set apps and settings up, reboot, wipe cache & delvic cache, flash I believe its called supercharge-charged kernel and good to. Or is partitioning of SD a must for ROM to run proper? Im kinda stuck not knowing if partitioning sd is a must or not.

Back
Top Bottom