• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

Guess I'm just not sure somthings right, might have to delete partition zip, need to read up on that a bit more, files move inside my file manager but not before stating an errorishk "can't be moved" type of caption, idk but files do move just not without a warning type deal, sorry it just happend so I'm still figurines it all out. Might have to reflash everything , I never bothered to check the camera and OS won't let me in so......... I'll get er all 100% Need to go dig up some more info, Not real sure how to test/look and see where any memory expansion is, in other words how to tell the partition took and I have the memory I changed NN value to u knw? Well thanks whoever is out there that doesn't mind fillin me in on what If anything is missing, wrong etc.

Upvote 0
Cameras back on, deleted something I shouldn't have OOPS! its fixed. A MaxGrit if you got a quick second, do I keep NN hack on ext SD or into SD? Made a6G off a 16G partition in TWRP. Is there a way to tell for sure what you're new memory partitions are? My bad trying to figure out partitioning as far as how see the new memory setup.

Upvote 0
A MasterChief happy 4th bro. Real quick man if you don't mind, lol yes this dude again! The camera works fine then BLAM! just stops working? Do you know if there is a fix please? Bluetooth works fine with no fix for me everytime I flash Carbon ROM, Just this damn camera. & its the forth and all & can't snap a single pic.
You have a lot of problems that have never been reported by anyone else. Because of that I am lead to believe that you are doing something to mess things up yourself.

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
Ya tried a camera off playstore. I figured the same thing. Hmmmm makes no sense, says cannot connect to camera. Damndest thing is it works upon first flash and system imprints at first boot. But OK I won't bother you on anymore F6 questions. I'm grabbing a Galaxy Avant myself if it has a root and recovery method that is. Guess I'll have to go look! OK thks for all the F6 help man.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ya tried a camera off playstore. I figured the same thing. Hmmmm makes no sense, says cannot connect to camera. Dandest thing is it works upun first flash and system imprints at first boot. But OK I won't bother you on anymore F6 questions. I'm grabbing a Galaxy Avant myself if it has a root and recovery method that is. Guess I'll have to go look! OK thks for all the F6 help man.

Strange how your camera worked but then stopped. You might need to 1st flashing hoark's cam fix kernel then reflash supercharger kernel to see if that fixes it.

I got a new phone but it still uses the old camera so I didn't have problems with the camera while taking pictures.

Upvote 0
Strange how your camera worked but then stopped. You might need to 1st flashing hoark's cam fix kernel then reflash supercharger kernel to see if that fixes it.

I got a new phone but it still uses the old camera so I didn't have problems with the camera while taking pictures.
If he had the ov5693 camera it wouldn't have worked at all. Also the camfix kernel doesn't work for the newer build of carbon. You need the older one for that.

Upvote 0
Daaaaaaammmmnnnnn, Ah I don't use my damn camera anyway, just figured if there was a fix I'd run it. But if its not gonna work. For the like of me, and I am totally flashing everything proper Carbon ROM KK gapps and SU zip as it doesn't always ask me to reinstall in TWRP and if I don't flash SU Zip I end up with SuperUser, even if and I do wipe everything but my SD and SD EXT. Flashing the SU Zip just works & every time. But ya cam is first thing I check now and its on at first EVERYTIME. I set up a few apps and run backups back on to my phone I don't uninstall /delete squat just to see what happens 5 -10 mins later and get the error. Weird!

Upvote 0
Ya tried a camera off playstore. I figured the same thing. Hmmmm makes no sense, says cannot connect to camera. Damndest thing is it works upon first flash and system imprints at first boot. But OK I won't bother you on anymore F6 questions. I'm grabbing a Galaxy Avant myself if it has a root and recovery method that is. Guess I'll have to go look! OK thks for all the F6 help man.
Why would you get an Avant? Ive seen you in the zmax forums a few times. Don't you have a zmax?

Upvote 0
Lol no I was lost lol. But no no zmax. Looked at one though but dnt like that you cant take out battery. Ya Avant.
Well it is a good thing that the Avant has a removable battery because its battery life sucks some serious....so you might want to buy a couple spare batteries with a wall charger so that you can charge your spares while they are outside the phone. Then again, the zmax isn't noob friendly so you would probably end up bricking it if you got one.

Upvote 0
A MaxGrit, located the cam issue's source, happens after I flash Intellaplugg. Right after I flash ROM, Gapps & SU zip I set up all my apps and boot into recovery and flash the Kernel zip and right after I wipe cache & delvic out of habit and boot to system I check the camera and its gone again. I can't be the only one. I got the Kernel from you're links so idk. Might I have an earlyer version on accident from the link or? Idk just figured I'd report that issue. Now I ask you MasterChied my friend, are those the words of a "noob"?

Upvote 0
Maybe. Just put the apk in /system/app and see if it works
The app installs and everything but crashes whenever I try to open it. I asked DM and he said that it was probably missing lib files. I tried to look for the lib files but dont know what files are associated with the app. If you know how to find out can you help me?

Upvote 0
Wow, okay.

I'm experienced with flashing, and just got this phone a few weeks ago...
I love this ROM. Seriously. Mild echo, but everything works.

Now, I'm just using App2SD. No SD card hack. Literally my only problem is an echo during calls.
I have had a couple scares (Screen turns completely blue for several seconds, then shows what I assume is the bootloader/stock rcovery. Terrifying, but my phone has booted perfectly and the ROM is smooth as butter (even with my theme and lwp).

My only question:
I partitioned SD card. No problems.
Installed ROM and Gapps. No problems.
Downloaded app2sd. Was tricky but figured it out and works fine. (Just trouble wiping things, fixed now)

No problems except the echo. If something else doesn't work I haven't found it.

I see a lot of talk of alternative kernels, fixes, the OTA update, and so on. Any benefit to flashing any of them if I don't notice any problems?
(I tried changing mic to analog. Will try turning background cancellation off now.)

Upvote 0
Wow, okay.

I'm experienced with flashing, and just got this phone a few weeks ago...
I love this ROM. Seriously. Mild echo, but everything works.

Now, I'm just using App2SD. No SD card hack. Literally my only problem is an echo during calls.
I have had a couple scares (Screen turns completely blue for several seconds, then shows what I assume is the bootloader/stock rcovery. Terrifying, but my phone has booted perfectly and the ROM is smooth as butter (even with my theme and lwp).

My only question:
I partitioned SD card. No problems.
Installed ROM and Gapps. No problems.
Downloaded app2sd. Was tricky but figured it out and works fine. (Just trouble wiping things, fixed now)

No problems except the echo. If something else doesn't work I haven't found it.

I see a lot of talk of alternative kernels, fixes, the OTA update, and so on. Any benefit to flashing any of them if I don't notice any problems?
(I tried changing mic to analog. Will try turning background cancellation off now.)
I don't think Bluetooth works unless you flash the newest kernel zip

Upvote 0
But its odd that flash after flash my can is the only not working, & it ONLY happens after I flash the Intellaplugg kernel. flashing properly is no longer an issue what so ever. But ya odd you're "seeing blank screens I never get a black screen of death or any sign of a quick lil "blackout moment" of any sort. hmmmmm sounds like everybody has there own slight issues with this ROM some Bluetooth won't seam to work for them you're getting black screens and whatnot me my can goes out after flashing the kernel for this thing and I know its the proper kernel Maxgrir hooked me up with everything needed for everything I need to flash so ya idk.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones