• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][AROMA] LG Optimus F6 - Dana - Ver.2

You think you could add solo launcher in your list of launchers its free.

as long as it doesnt conflict with account set up & welcome setting, I can try

from my experience, some apps and keyboards dont work well with LG welcome setting. either i am missing some file or library files are conflicting with existing stock files..

Reactions: papadog
Upvote 0

from my experience, some apps and keyboards dont work well with LG welcome setting. either i am missing some file or library files are conflicting with existing stock files..
It's cool you're taking requests but there's no point in implementing every single request. There's 100s of launchers, music players, keyboards etc. You should consider just having a LG version and perhaps an AOSP version, at most. I wouldn't want to download a bloated ROM compromising of apps that I won't use. Same goes for themes.

Upvote 0
It's cool you're taking requests but there's no point in implementing every single request. There's 100s of launchers, music players, keyboards etc. You should consider just having a LG version and perhaps an AOSP version, at most. I wouldn't want to download a bloated ROM compromising of apps that I won't use. Same goes for themes.

true true, there's no way i can cover all different ranges of apps,

like you said, i will include some of popular apps and originals ones only.

but this rom is for LG F6 users, from time to time i will include user preferred apps as well :)

Upvote 0

bad news... i installed solo launcher as default, it boots fine but it interrupted LG Welcome setting, eventually freezes Home button and Notification Drawer

it seems like Solo Launcher's Welcome screen is to blame... before I finish the phone setting, Solo welcome screen popped up then took me directly to the home screen. i could add account later from setting, but notification drawer was frozen, home button was not working..

later I will try again and see if it happens again, meanwhile you can try below file too.

dev version - maybe unstable, at your own risk

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B69dMfqyU4n9VFpJNmREZlk0Uk0&export=download

Reactions: papadog
Upvote 0
[Someone has probably already asked this...] How does your ROM compare with GT's Xperion ROM?

You shouldn't be asking any devs how their rom compares to someone else's. They are obviously different. Both roms have screenshots and descriptions for you to make a decision and you can always try different roms to see which fits your needs best.

Upvote 0
reset...formatted ......installed.boot loop ..recovery on its own...repeat with diff choices..boot loop...recovery on its own ..repeat with diff choices... boot loop ....recovery on its own

reset .....format everything......

make diff choices...

boot loop.....

once again..... CWM recovery on it's own....

ran out of choices....

reset....format cache....

thought about it ....... with much contemplation.....watched the grass grow.... ...

installed KK beta 4 from sd......

everything.....EVERYTHING ...ALL APPS......ALL SETTINGS......and storage issues....

are back....like i never tried.......

Upvote 0
reset...formatted ......installed.boot loop ..recovery on its own...repeat with diff choices..boot loop...recovery on its own ..repeat with diff choices... boot loop ....recovery on its own

reset .....format everything......

make diff choices...

boot loop.....

once again..... CWM recovery on it's own....

ran out of choices....

reset....format cache....

thought about it ....... with much contemplation.....watched the grass grow.... ...

installed KK beta 4 from sd......

everything.....EVERYTHING ...ALL APPS......ALL SETTINGS......and storage issues....

are back....like i never tried.......
KDZ back to stock. Don't install a SD-extension mod unless you know it is compatible.

Upvote 0
Hello all. My LG Optimus f6 only has 1.27 gbs of internal storage. This ROM is 667 mbs. I don't see what all I can uninstall. To get that much free space.

I guess I'd better Google for a smaller ROM.

lol besides the point, there is only 4 roms for this phone, on the whole internet only 4 roms and they all are fouund here x3 exclusivity at the maxxx

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones