• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][AROMA] LG Optimus F6 - Dana - Ver.2

When I downloaded from towelroot.com it rooted my f6 but I lost root the first time I rebooted. The only version of towelroot that has worked for my phone is the one posted on GameTheory's website Android Creations - Android Creations just follow the link and go to the page for the f6 then select root & recovery and there will be a link to download towelroot v1 which has always worked for me. When you download from towelroot.com you are getting a different version of towelroot (v3).

Default Most stable root method for 12b

[Guide] ROOTING THE OPTIMUS F6 And Recovery! UPDATED (8/3/14)

Upvote 0
When I tried it towel root kept crashing on me even if I downloaded another it would do the same. Play store didn't work. When I restored my apps (just the apks by the way) they crashed. On my phone didn't work well. Yes I followed instruction to the letter. I really wanted to use this rom.

It seems like Towelroot and F6 Recovery don't like to be included in ROM's /system/app.

Maybe I am missing some library files or I have to include them at /data/app..

Upvote 0
Live version updated, download link is up,

Integrated with Aroma installer with few other updates.

Took me 3 days and numerous flashing / unroot to get Aroma working -_-;; not to mention missed calls and texts since I am using my daily phone for developing and testing lol

Hope you guys / ladies like this one.

Let me know with any other issues, thank you!

Upvote 0
So I installed the Rom. I also installed CWM recovery. I tried to boot to recovery but it won't go just sits at the screen where I tried to boot from. Anyone else have this issue. Guess I'll have to go on my computer and go back to stock.

Included f6 app doesn't work well with this rom atm

Try to download quick boot , ROM toolbox or other 3rd party app that provides recovery boot option

You don't have to flash cwm again. Just install this ROM then download quick boot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones