• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

So what your saying is you have that build installed and no black outs? You have plugged in the charger and pressed the lock screen button/power button and you have no issues with a black screen?

I posted a fix for this. Turn "power button automaticly locks" off. Set it to lock 5 or 10 sec after phone is off. Ive had no m;ore probs with power button

FWIW, I finally caved in and flashed codingninja's latest build as well as PA_Gapps. Everything appeared to be working normally (no black screen) until I decided to test the phone. It received the call but I could not hear ANYTHING. I wasn't sure which fix was appropriate for his situation:

masrcr's Sitar sound file or
Krlypumaa's fix:
[FONT=&quot]** Open SQLite editor
** Open Setting Storage
** Open Settin.db
** Open system
** Click on name so you can browse by names
** Look for volume_ Voice.. click hit the little pencil on top change value to 45 click save and do the same in volume_Voice_earpiece

I choose masrcr's fix and wound up in a boot loop. I restored to stock but am hesitant to try out any other mods.
[/FONT]

FWIW, I finally caved in and flashed codingninja's latest build as well as PA_Gapps. Everything appeared to be working normally (no black screen) until I decided to test the phone. It received the call but I could not hear ANYTHING. I wasn't sure which fix was appropriate for his situation:

masrcr's Sitar sound file or
Krlypumaa's fix:
[FONT=&quot]** Open SQLite editor
** Open Setting Storage
** Open Settin.db
** Open system
** Click on name so you can browse by names
** Look for volume_ Voice.. click hit the little pencil on top change value to 45 click save and do the same in volume_Voice_earpiece

I choose masrcr's fix and wound up in a boot loop. I restored to stock but am hesitant to try out any other mods.
[/FONT]

Masrcr said his mod didnt work on latest build thats why i removed it from the list, he said he needed to do some adjustements

I posted a fix for this. Turn "power button automaticly locks" off. Set it to lock 5 or 10 sec after phone is off. Ive had no m;ore probs with power button

I tried this a while ago and still get thr screen of dead and desperation lol

Idk if it works on the new build but beta 4 didnt work for me

Masrcr said his mod didnt work on latest build thats why i removed it from the list, he said he needed to do some adjustements
Point taken. I was hoping with the newer build it would work as it did in the previous builds. Regardless, if we can't hear someone it renders the ROM useless.

I'll just wait it out and hope smarter people than me can sort out all the bugs.

I'm still on beta3 since it seems the most stable for calls and no kernel crashes with the occasional black screen but its alright

I didn't get black screen of death for 12 hours straight until I activated "Phone instantly locks with power button" or somewhere along those lines. But I keep everything in Screen Security unchecked, and I put automatically lock to immediately (Basically the same as "Power button instantly locks") And I have a PIN as my screen lock. Are you guys still having problems??

If it helps, I did a factory reset through CWM, cache format, and Dalvik-Cache format and then flashed the ROM and then GAPPS.

Edit: It rebooted :(, maybe I just got lucky for the 12 hours

For all of those that still having the screen stock on sleep.. ( Not screen of death) a quick fix until kernel its fix use a 3rd party lock scree from PlayStore
I recommend this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.slidelock
Make sure u go tru the settings and make it as default lockscreen. It will help u guys.
For volume issues use my quick fix with SQlite editor
Make sure u raised all volumes in system settings.
Then change values for all the volumes in SQlite editor to
Or from 25-45.
Do not exceed 45 or u gonna end up with no volumes @ all.
If u restart ur phone earpiece n voice volumes will go back to defaults 3-7

Like **codingninja62001 said our problem is the kernal
I hav decompile keygard.apk n check tru all the writing n its fine. Somehow the phone its not waking up from sleep. Our proximities sensors are not responding in the right order... Im not to good with kernels. This project has made me dig in more into it. Let see what can we accomplish.

I hav some ???? Why is it, that our backlight, proximities n button scripts are attached to auto brightness when we don't have ambient sensor.

Like **codingninja62001 said our problem is the kernal
I hav decompile keygard.apk n check tru all the writing n its fine. Somehow the phone its not waking up from sleep. Our proximities sensors are not responding in the right order... Im not to good with kernels. This project has made me dig in more into it. Let see what can we accomplish.

No I'm sorry if I confused anybody I said the notification led is a kernel prob the proximity was fixed

Well I've been driving this latest build since yesterday. And I didn't get a black screen o death till last night. Before and after that, nothing. It seems much more stable, but hey, I could be wrong

Well I've been driving this latest build since yesterday. And I didn't get a black screen o death till last night. Before and after that, nothing. It seems much more stable, but hey, I could be wrong
I can't start to troubleshoot till it happens to me and it hasent even came close to sticking just for now set it to lock 5 seconds after the screen turns off

No I'm sorry if I confused anybody I said the notification led is a kernel prob the proximity was fixed

Yes ... I knw proximity was fix... But our issues is still in the kernel cus backlight, proximity, autobrightnes (which we dont have) wake up from sleep its all attach in kernel that's what i ment.
And thnx for apologizing, you good.

FYI I'm positive F6 does not have light sensor to control auto brightness. LG might be using some software tricks such as adjust brightness based on the time of day or based on what's being displayed on screen, but F6 does not have auto brightness sensor.

FYI I'm positive F6 does not have light sensor to control auto brightness. LG might be using some software tricks such as adjust brightness based on the time of day or based on what's being displayed on screen, but F6 does not have auto brightness sensor.

Im quite sure that i knw that but when it comes about hows kernel has been buily it has a lot to do with it. Cus CM builts hav functionality default scripts with in thats why builders need to do test to precision functionality. Now this its what we are doing..... testing n improving

I noticed someone said beta 4 no longer worked with soundns hacks. I'll be flashing over beta 4 and copying my sound files see how it sounds.

Wish lg would release the mfking kitkat ota

Also on beta3 and I presume beta4 IVs been usibt rootdim works great

I'm using the beta 3 and far from freezing and rebooting enough to warrant "all day" . you might have issues the other users don't but then again is it possible your over reacting

I'm using the beta 3 and far from freezing and rebooting enough to warrant "all day" . you might have issues the other users don't but then again is it possible your over reacting

No. I'm one of the few ppl who don't have issues. But as far as reboots, yeah all day is about right.

Well I reflashed and it seems much more stable. Still get lock screen freeze but it doesn't seem to be as often, at all. Let's figure out a sound fix for this new source eh?

Back
Top Bottom