• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

hello, wanted saver if this kernel supports swap?
you're going to take a long time to finish this great work, we are keen to test

Thanks... new question... I have a UHS-I 16 GB micro SD card. I've done benchmark tests of my card and the internal memory. Results are below.

Internal Flash speeds
30.79 mb/s read
11.35 mb/s write

External Sandisk UHS-I speeds
125 mb/s read
50 mb/s write

Here's my question. Is there any way to install EVERYTHING to my micro sd card?
I had an HTC HD2 that I did this to, they called it "NativeSD" as opposed to "NAND". IS there a way to do that on this phone? Again I don't want a few apps on my external sd card. I want the entire rom on the external sd card. It's ~5 times as fast!!

if you live on those stats, my personal opinion is that those are not relevant to "snappiness" or "fast" in real life. The numbers you are looking at are for sequential read/write, good on large-sized files, but when using apps in a ROM, you need good random or 512/4K read/write speed. Your UHS card would not be some 5x faster, but rather similar.
PLUS, it is not reliable to put everything on SD card, as either the ROM or some apps or tools you wanted to flash couldn't see the swap/switch (which is what you are looking for).

After about some 10 hours with the phone, I personally decided to put ROM and some essential apps, like link2sd, supersu, busybox, rom toolbox, even most google apps to the phone's storage, and the rest to SD.

Thanks for this ROM. Got some quirks of course (such as some kernel crashing, requiring a manual reboot), but hopefully soon it'll be a good daily driver (it's very close already!).

Speaker phone isn't working btw and callers on the other end can hear themselves a bit.

Thanks for this ROM. Got some quirks of course (such as some kernel crashing, requiring a manual reboot), but hopefully soon it'll be a good daily driver (it's very close already!).

Speaker phone isn't working btw and callers on the other end can hear themselves a bit.

Could you Please share which version are you using.
This info can help you getting help with solving problems you have.

Mic from me to recipient isn't a problem. The recipient can hear themselves with an echo.

Also just to note, I'm using the T-Mobile D500 (LG Optimus F6).

i finally tried CM ....i formated,formated,formated ,,,flashed,,,

and got the coolest CM bootloop....

i left it going till i had to charge the phone...

.then went back to dana....man

oh well

i finally tried CM ....i formated,formated,formated ,,,flashed,,,

and got the coolest CM bootloop....

i left it going till i had to charge the phone...

.then went back to dana....man

oh well

maybe just a bad day, i tried it, working very well (except random hot/fast reboot as others say).
before format, i restored the phone to stock rom (recovery) though. so I could have the boot same as stock, that may help if you come from other roms, say xperion (which is my case).

if you are using twrp, you can use advanced wipe and wipe all choices but external_sd. that's what i did, and that should be a complete wipe.

haven't fully tested dana, but installed it once, i have a backup for it, and i'm gonna try if isis work there. ISIS doesn't work with CM11, that's the only drawback diverting me away. but it's not CM11's fault, I think.

is CM completely functional ...with the exception of ir and quickmemo?

i think i might have forgotten gapps...

but, i'm not completely sure it's what i want if it's not a "daily driver"

so i mighta brain farted out of being cagey over using it...but, i constantly have problems with SD issues and i'm at the point of trying anything...

does cm write to SD for installs and downloads automatically...or is there some sort of SD dance involved?

i don't exactly get what it means that SD is fused...what exactly does that mean?

is CM completely functional ...with the exception of ir and quickmemo?

i think i might have forgotten gapps...

but, i'm not completely sure it's what i want if it's not a "daily driver"

so i mighta brain farted out of being cagey over using it...but, i constantly have problems with SD issues and i'm at the point of trying anything...

does cm write to SD for installs and downloads automatically...or is there some sort of SD dance involved?

i don't exactly get what it means that SD is fused...what exactly does that mean?

yes, functional except IR and quickmemo, with random hot/fast reboot, especially likely to occur when apps freeze.

gapp is a must, and i chose the small/minimal-gapp to flash, from CM's site.

as far as storage for apps, every rom has that issue. my approach is to use paid Link2SD to automatically link "new apps" to SD card, while libraries, internal files linked/saved to an Ext4 partition.

I had a 3GB ext4, but still my 120-ish apps from RomToolbox AppManager's backup won't be fully restored. I noticed this today, was told insufficient storage, but Link2SD reported (as attached) 50% free on Ext4, and over 50% free on internal/sd. of course my external sd has plenty room.

this is at least slightly better than the script method for me. i'm may try expand the ext4 partition even bit more, like 6GB, and to see if that'll solve the issue.

Or I could just delete some apps and live as is.

After all, i need a daily runner for ISIS on this phone, so either dana or xperion. Of course they'll have the storage issue eventually too, that I'd address.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-30-12-18-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-09-30-12-18-50.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 75
thanx for the quick reply ...

i'm gonna try the latest XPERION again...i had it going b4 and experienced crashing....

but, it may be i over geeked it and nubbed it all up....

but, i learn as i go along..

reformatting sd card now using mini tool... i have a 32 gig sd ...but, with constant sd trickery on the part of our low capacity smart phone ...i may never get it half full if i tried.....

i constantly deal with the impending doom of insufficient storage...gah!

but,we all allready know about it....plus the fact that i have to always try the newest apps..

doing a real backup is a waste.....i am so used to starting over...i don't depend on things staying the same...and i forget what things were like anyway...short term memory does'nt just plague my phone..

i'm on a mac and currently has no pc to use, so i used twrp recovery format/partitioned my 32gb microSD, that shouldn't matter though.

the storage thing is something still very mysterious and new to me. because i got used to full onboard storage phones like galaxy nexus, nexus 4, nexus 5, so i'm still learning.

as for xperion, people commented that the latest IS taking up too much RAM and DOES crash/lag/freeze more frequent, than its earlier version. I might try the earlier version at later time.

Right now, I wanted to test dana as a daily driver, so... anyways, the cm11 4.4.4 is very neat and to my personal habit/flavor, since I've been on a KK CM-based rom so long, that I sometimes get lost in JB UI. But since it doesn't work with ISIS, nah... i have no choice - ISIS is the reason I get the phone, it's the cheapest device that is eligible...

ROM BETA 3 Test: Random Restarts
Random Black Screen on Wake
kernel crash when call switched to speaker
rear facing camera not working
low Coverage Signal

Great Work. Despite these bugs the rom is beautiful. runs smooth. Intently hoping this rom becomes stable.

ROM BETA 3 Test: Random Restarts
Random Black Screen on Wake
kernel crash when call switched to speaker
rear facing camera not working
low Coverage Signal

Great Work. Despite these bugs the rom is beautiful. runs smooth. Intently hoping this rom becomes stable.

Dude, you haven't a clue just how late you are. Read the thread.

Dear hroark,

I'm a big fan of your work as I've flashed both your kk port and the cm11 on my lg f6 and am very pleased. I would like to see further development on either of these ROMs. So, if there is any way I can contribute please let me know. And, possibly, if money is a concern, how much do you think you would need to speed up the development on the cm11 ???? I would be glad to donate to your work!!!

I am trying to Flash 4.4 onto my lg f6 and its stuck in boot screen with circle thing spinning around alien head. been like that for an hour. what am i not doing?

Make sure u wipe data/factory reset
Wipe cache
Wipe dalvik in (advance menu)
Flash rm
Flash gaaps...They neet to be 4.4.4 one
Reboot

i had the CM logo spinning for some minutes too, but it was a night and I'm very tired. so i plugged the phone to charge and went to bed. Next morning, it's in the ROM, LOL.:D
seems not very helpful. but it's true for me for once.

Or you can go to recovery:
press HOME, then press POWER,
once powered on, release POWER, keep pressing HOME till TWRP show up.

wipe something like cache, if not working, wipe and install whatever.

I am among you.... Things are cool.... Slightly freaked out about the now useless button on the side of my phone...

But do far.. It's OK

Back
Top Bottom