• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Had. A taste of this ROM and discovered is beautiful Ness but unfortunately had difficulty flashing GApps as they were formatted in a signed zip???)(basically a download with the icon looking like a piece of paper) and when I went into recovery n my ex SD card, it wasn't there??? So I went back n see what I can do and compressed the file in a zip format(icon with zipper on the. Piece of paper...) . This time the file was readable, but when I flashed it, twrp said it failed :(.

Had. A taste of this ROM and discovered is beautiful Ness but unfortunately had difficulty flashing GApps as they were formatted in a signed zip???)(basically a download with the icon looking like a piece of paper) and when I went into recovery n my ex SD card, it wasn't there??? So I went back n see what I can do and compressed the file in a zip format(icon with zipper on the. Piece of paper...) . This time the file was readable, but when I flashed it, twrp said it failed :(.

I personally used CM11 small version and I didn't have any trouble flashing it from TWRP. If you tried full Gapps version try small version or vice versa.

There's a chance that you might download broken file so, make sure you fully 100% downloaded CM11 Gapps.

You can download free Windows MD5 sum check program and compare the MD5 check value between your downloaded file vs file on the web.

Also on TWRP flashing screen, make sure you are actually @ External SD. Somehow TWRP displays external SD contents even if you are @ Internal SD so click Storage field on top then select External SDCard Exteral SD then click 'OK'

Now select the Gapps file install.

Finally, on flashing screen, if you checked 'Zip file signature verification', uncheck this option and try it.

U should be able to use it cus its from an European or korean version ported--- just make a bakup of urs n flash it ifit doesn't wrk u can go back--- u would need the orange apn to set it up-

U should be able to use it cus its from an European or korean version ported--- just make a bakup of urs n flash it ifit doesn't wrk u can go back--- u would need the orange apn to set it up-

This ROM wasn't ported from no European version lol. It was built from source....the kk 4.4.2 was ported over, not this one :rolleyes:

Succesfully installed CM11 on my MS500 :D
It's been running nice even tho it has some bugs.

-My device restarts when I try to add a new contact.
-Black lock screen.
-I didn't find a way to move apps to ext.SD.(Will this feature be available in a future versi

There is a build that works pretty frickn smooth, so long as you flash it correctly apparently. It's was made by codingninja. No black lock screen o death, no kernel crashes, the most stable rom we've had. And even though new builds have surfaced, it seems ppl still experience the problems found originally on the first few betas, so I've stuck with this one and couldn't be happier. My Daily driver and just 1 half of a bug away from being considered complete and stable. Look in the forum for it.

Okay, I'll look for it.
Thanks! :^)

There is a build that works pretty frickn smooth, so long as you flash it correctly apparently. It's was made by codingninja...

I have tried his build but still had the lockscreen problem. I will attempt to flash it again, but what is the correct way to do it?

Also, I'm currently on Angablade's v6 with the v8 build.prop. It runs pretty well (I've successfully tweaked the in-call volume - I posted it in AB's thread). The one drawback, though, is that the mic doesn't work for the speaker-phone, voice input, sound recorder, Shazamm etc... I can live without all those but I really like Shazam and not having it may cause me to revert back to the KK port again.

So, I re-flashed Ninja’s build last night and so far I’ve had very few problems…not one black lock screen and only 1 random reboot while charging.

The earpiece call volume is still a little low but I was able to tweak it up in “snd_soc_msm_Sitar”. Although I can increase the earpiece call volume I can’t seem to find the right setting for the speaker phone. No matter what I set the speaker call volume to, it doesn’t seem to have an effect. I can hear it in a quiet room but anywhere else, forget it.

More importantly, though, the mic works for the speaker phone, voice input, Shazam, etc… so I am happy. The only other quirk is that the person on the other end can’t hear me as well during a phone call.

Finally, when dialing *#*#4636#*#* and choosing LTE/WCDMA, is it supposed to “stick”, because for me it seems that after every reboot it goes back to LTE/GSM auto (PRL)…or is that the setting it is supposed to be on. I’ve been confused about that since the first CM11.

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom