• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

I love this ROM! Honestly I do! The only problem I'm having is that when I lock the phone. It freezes! Gets me angry! But other than that, its a really good ROM.

Yes I've tried a few. Any recommendations on a camera app? Any other ideas? I've spent so many hours flashing and reflashing

Its not a problem with the camera app. Not all F6's have the same camera. It all depends which hardware you have. My camera worked fine when I was using this ROM. My F6 hardware revision 1. If you want to see which one you have you can remove the back cover and battery and it will be printed on the sticker with the IMEI. Mine says h/w: 1.0 (for hardware revision 1)

Will there be any more updates? To fix problems such as the lock screen. The camera. The DSP manager. The audio. I'd love to test any new updates. Or any other Roms for this phone! Any recommendations?

Its not a problem with the camera app. Not all F6's have the same camera. It all depends which hardware you have. My camera worked fine when I was using this ROM. My F6 hardware revision 1. If you want to see which one you have you can remove the back cover and battery and it will be printed on the sticker with the IMEI. Mine says h/w: 1.0 (for hardware revision 1)

my HW version is also 1. this is the version from metro pcs, manufactured 08/2014. but my camera does not work with any roms, other than stock-based. i had high hopes for the port from the M505 but its the same problem again. i want kitkat, like BAD. seriously considering another phone if i can figure it out in the coming weeks.

thanks for your help. i'm not sure what else to try, i feel like ive tried everything, short of learning to dev myself.

and thanks to everyone working on roms for this device.

my HW version is also 1. this is the version from metro pcs, manufactured 08/2014. but my camera does not work with any roms, other than stock-based. i had high hopes for the port from the M505 but its the same problem again. i want kitkat, like BAD. seriously considering another phone if i can figure it out in the coming weeks.

thanks for your help. i'm not sure what else to try, i feel like ive tried everything, short of learning to dev myself.

and thanks to everyone working on roms for this device.

For many of u with MPCS ...firmware v10e camera works... the changes of fw began with v10i/12b depending on manufacturing date.
For T.mo firmware d505.10a camera works ... changes started on 10a-1 n 2 depending on manufacturing dates.
Im not talking about The Actual Android.Os but the hardware itself... so if we want the camera to work a Dev either has to build a Rom for each individual firmware (HW manufacturer) or digging into all sources n make the right merging of all files to b able to accomplish one full Rom (Lots of work) so let just b patients n hope for someone with the right time to get on-board n make it happen :confused::confused::eek:

if you want to start your own Cm 11 ROM thread that is cool with me

just be sure to give me credit for anything of mine that you use, like my device tree / kernel

also would be good for you to post the changed tree / kernel on github

this thread is just too long and confusing, and I really do not have the time anymore to work on this stuff

Is there any more work coming into this rom? As i know your busy also if you were to make this Rom stable what would it take meaning to fix the phone call volume/random reboots/low signal as these are the most complained about bugs including lock screen. What would it require for you to finish making this stable a donation perhaps? Or would you be most generous to fix these for the Fans of CM11 such as myself who really enjoys this rom. Please Reply with your ideas and response and if you will continue to work on this. :) Cheers Mate

Can someone please tell me what Im doing wrong?? I flashed the rom then tried to install gapps but it tells me there was an error and installation was aborted. How can I tell if I'm installing the right version of gapps?

Attachments

• WIN_20141104_222615.jpg
    WIN_20141104_222615.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 169
Can someone please tell me what Im doing wrong?? I flashed the rom then tried to install gapps but it tells me there was an error and installation was aborted. How can I tell if I'm installing the right version of gapps?

Did you try rebooting? I've gotten that error rebooted into CM11 and all that works well.

I see it says
you got an error....

Maybe the GAPPS you have are damaged....open it with rar And
see if it will open it like a normal zip file...

If not ..... need to get them again....although it's not the nerdiest way to do it....it's a simple way to check the integrity of the zip.....

I can just see 4.4. .I thought i saw a 2....

Plus...when I flash the gapps I have...it has "GAPPS" in
a big ascii tag......

Maybe I have the wrong gapps...hmmmmm

Sooo... i flashed this in to try it out and i must say im in love ahhh its soo nice
Until i started running into the problems. So thought i would come on here and make my 1st post ever by saying how much i like it and what problem i found thus far

1) WiFi connection problems with signal strengths idk why but after flashing this my phone was haveing a hard time connecting to my wifi and saying the wifi connection was bad when my other stock f6 was connecting just fine the other one had the same problem when flashed this on it but its not a big deal it eventually goes in and i get the WiFi the initial connection just has a hard time

2) the only resson i dont use this constantly would have to be this problem
When i hit power button and the phone goes to lock screen sometimes when i hit power button to wake it up again my screen will not come back on and i have to take out the battery and turn it back on to get it working again its really the 1# problem i have found.

3) even after changeing my provider in settings to metro it says that its T-Mobile on lock screen and status bar i get service but thats just a small thing i found and i can live with it

i use pa_gapps-stock-4.4.4-20140930-signed.zip

it works without fail...never an error..

like i said ...maybe i use the wrong ones and get lucky...lol

Hroarke13 hasn't been working on this rom lately. If you look in the developer forums you'll see hes been working on other devices. Angablade has been working hard to try to fix the bugs in this rom on a different thread.

So I installed this CyanogenMod and now I wana uninstall to get back to my regular metro PCs lg f6 theme how do I do that I'm stuck can u please help

Hroarke13 hasn't been working on this rom lately. If you look in the developer forums you'll see hes been working on other devices. Angablade has been working hard to try to fix the bugs in this rom on a different thread.

Mind sharing that thread and has any progress been made if you know ? :/

Sooo... i flashed this in to try it out and i must say im in love ahhh its soo nice
Until i started running into the problems. So thought i would come on here and make my 1st post ever by saying how much i like it and what problem i found thus far

1) WiFi connection problems with signal strengths idk why but after flashing this my phone was haveing a hard time connecting to my wifi and saying the wifi connection was bad when my other stock f6 was connecting just fine the other one had the same problem when flashed this on it but its not a big deal it eventually goes in and i get the WiFi the initial connection just has a hard time

2) the only resson i dont use this constantly would have to be this problem
When i hit power button and the phone goes to lock screen sometimes when i hit power button to wake it up again my screen will not come back on and i have to take out the battery and turn it back on to get it working again its really the 1# problem i have found.

3) even after changeing my provider in settings to metro it says that its T-Mobile on lock screen and status bar i get service but thats just a small thing i found and i can live with it

This exact same issue happens with Carbon ROM. I guess the above developer abandoned trying fix these issues. Might need to dump this phone soon for lack of support.

Back
Top Bottom