• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Sorry if you answered this question already but what are the problems with this ROM does it have black lockscreen off death lol and the random reboots because that was my main problem with the old one and I would also like to know how to put the v8props in the v6 ROM every time I tried it either said flash failed ...maybe I didn't zip the files up correctly when I switch props ?....

Sorry if you answered this question already but what are the problems with this ROM does it have black lockscreen off death lol and the random reboots because that was my main problem with the old one and I would also like to know how to put the v8props in the v6 ROM every time I tried it either said flash failed ...maybe I didn't zip the files up correctly when I switch props ?....

You have to delete the v8 prop and replace it with v6 then when you zip it only zip the files meta,system, lokiboot. Do not zip the folder that it extracted to just the files in it hope that helps.

What is the prop stuff you guys are talking about?

And having many fundamental issues with ninja's latest build (full wipe, including internal storage):
  • Black screen of death/random reboots
  • Numerous phone call problems (sounding like water, echos on the recipients end, general lack of voice/listening clarity
  • Call volume low, as well as mic volume to the recipient.
  • Speaker volume low

And having many fundamental issues with ninja's latest build (full wipe, including internal storage):
  • Numerous phone call problems (sounding like water, echos on the recipients end, general lack of voice/listening clarity
  • Speaker volume low

I'm having the same issues as well using ninjas build. I'm now running hroark13's kitkat port and its working flawlessly

This is my final post on this thread. Tonight I dropped my f6 flat on the sidewalk on the display side from ear level and obliterated the glass screen. I cannot live like this. So I bought a Google nexus 5. See y'all android L-ater. Before I go. I do wanna state that choosing ninjas build is best perfect except for some minor minor details that only baby cry about.

Note: apparently his build works best when you do a clean flash over hroark's beta4 build.
I flashed codingninjas build twice, for reasons not related to the rom. Both experiences were great.
NO LOCK SCREEN O DEATH
( however, if you keep locking and unlocking it in hopes to catch a bug, you might get what you're looking for) but I can guarantee that if you use the phone lock screen like a normal person, You'll get no such errors. sometimes though, it does choke and takes a second to wake but never freezes, thus causing the phone to reboot from panic.
NO RANDOM REBOOTS
If you have flashed any beta prior to codingninja's, then you know that this ROM gets random reboots any random reason. CPU overload, RAM oom, shit just looking at it the wrong way or fasting too loud will cause a random reboot. But I can say that since 9-10-14, when the build was uploaded, I haven't had any random reboots. Please if there one thing I can leave you all with, is that. Tested and approved. Thanks HROARK FOR ALL LOOK THAT YOU'VE DONE and all the guys who have been here since the beginning(you know who you are), coming together for each other. Later and goodbye, may our devices cross paths again soon.

• Speaker volume low

I am currently on Ninja's build and have not experienced one black lockscreen and only a couple random reboots (that I can live with). I have gotten the vibration bug so I disabled vibrate on touch and have been vibration free ever since. I would recommend wiping data, dalvik, cache, & system. Then format, factory reset, and install again. Boot up, use the phone about 10 minutes, then flash gapps.

As for the sound issues, I have tweaked "snd_soc_msm_Sitar" and the build.prop and have had good results in a few lengthy phone calls.

1st - Sitar file. This will increase the in-call volume (a lot) and speaker (slightly). It won't help with the speaker phone...I haven't been able to successfully tweak that. First, copy your original sitar and save it. Extract my file and save it to "etc/snd_soc_msm". Replace the sitar file and set permissions to rw-r-r. Reboot.

2nd - build.prop - I made many tweaks to this - some may or may not be necessary but it appears to be working for me and has helped with the echo on the other end. I have floated this build prop around from a few builds without problems. I think it is originally from Angablade's build prop 8. Extract it, save it to system, replace build.prop, and set permissions to rw-r-r. Reboot.

You should be able to make and enjoy phone calls.

Attachments

I've been trying codingninjas latest built and haven't gotten a black locksreen of death I mean when I constantly try to lock /unlock the phone with the power button I get a black screen then I'm forced to restart my phone i just lock my phone wait like 5secong then i use the home button to turn the screen on ... and the random reboots don't bug me that much but if your on your phone a lotand always looking something up or texting then you'll start to get bugged by the reboots overall this ROM has gotten way better with thanks to all the tester and devs still dedicated to this phone. (:

I love this ROM and I'm desperate to make it my daily driver, but my back camera wont work on any ROM unless the ROM is stock based. Any idea what is causing this?

I need some help here because when I change my APN back to MetroPcs it still shows that I'm on T-Mobile.

Edit: Oh and forgot to say that when I try to install Gapps small or the regular Gapps it fails to be installed.

Viper is answering the post before you.
No it would not fix ur camera issues... im working on that. Can't promise anything... YET!!!

Ok what...I don't know what just happened but I think you got mixed up here because I said I had problems with my APN.I wasn't talking about my camera not working.

This is my final post on this thread. Tonight I dropped my f6 flat on the sidewalk on the display side from ear level and obliterated the glass screen. I cannot live like this. So I bought a Google nexus 5. See y'all android L-ater. Before I go. I do wanna state that choosing ninjas build is best perfect except for some minor minor details that only baby cry about.

Note: apparently his build works best when you do a clean flash over hroark's beta4 build.
I flashed codingninjas build twice, for reasons not related to the rom. Both experiences were great.
NO LOCK SCREEN O DEATH
( however, if you keep locking and unlocking it in hopes to catch a bug, you might get what you're looking for) but I can guarantee that if you use the phone lock screen like a normal person, You'll get no such errors. sometimes though, it does choke and takes a second to wake but never freezes, thus causing the phone to reboot from panic.
NO RANDOM REBOOTS
If you have flashed any beta prior to codingninja's, then you know that this ROM gets random reboots any random reason. CPU overload, RAM oom, shit just looking at it the wrong way or fasting too loud will cause a random reboot. But I can say that since 9-10-14, when the build was uploaded, I haven't had any random reboots. Please if there one thing I can leave you all with, is that. Tested and approved. Thanks HROARK FOR ALL LOOK THAT YOU'VE DONE and all the guys who have been here since the beginning(you know who you are), coming together for each other. Later and goodbye, may our devices cross paths again soon.

Is the front facing camera any good? At least better than the iphone 5?? I really wanna buy this man, especially since its the last ones in google play :|

Back
Top Bottom