• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM] [BETA] [4.4.4] CyanogenMOD 11.0 Unofficial

Thanks for the reply. Yeah constant flashing would be a rather large downfall. Ah well. Are you guys using something else for notifications? Seems a shame if you would just have to check the phone on a regular basis to see if you had a message or something.
Gravitybox for kitkat has an option to blink the hardware button backlights when you get a notification. It may work.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah constant flashing would be a rather large downfall. Ah well. Are you guys using something else for notifications? Seems a shame if you would just have to check the phone on a regular basis to see if you had a message or something.
Umm what about audible notification ?

Gravitybox for kitkat has an option to blink the hardware button backlights when you get a notification. It may work.

Thanks i'll take a look at Gravitybox. The website says it should not be used on CM as it may cause troubles, but we can see :)
Umm what about audible notification ?

Audible notifications have their place, but are really not the best. It's not really appropriate to have the phone ringing or beeping when I am at work. However the phone is near my monitor so I can see when the light is flashing, and can check my messages at my leisure.

Basically if you are using gravitybox on an unsupported ROM some of the tweaks may not work. I've used it on the f6 a lot and I'd say that about 3/4 of the tweaks work. Also, almost all the options will work on aosp ROMs because they are very close to stock android. It shouldn't cause any problems. In my experience some of the tweaks don't work but trying them doesn't cause additional bugs. If a particular option doesn't work just don't use it.

I really like this ROM I flashed on my lg f6 and it looks cool but it has some bugs.when I push the power button front keys light up but screen it's not and and random reboots it's another bug.Without those bugs it's perfect.please fix bugs in other versions. THANKS

I really like this ROM I flashed on my lg f6 and it looks cool but it has some bugs.when I push the power button front keys light up but screen it's not and and random reboots it's another bug.Without those bugs it's perfect.please fix bugs in other versions. THANKS
This ROM hasn't been updated since last fall and all work on it has ceased. The black screen of death and random reboots can be fixed by raising the minimum CPU frequency and turning off the CRT screen off animation. The vibration issues can be fixed by disabling haptic feedback. If your main camera doesn't work there is a special kernel to get it working. I think there is a way to raise the in call volume and get rid of the echo that the person on the other end hears but I'm not sure how its done. I'm pretty sure that Bluetooth doesn't work and there isn't a fix for that. This ROM is definitely a fixer upper so if you don't like fixing bugs and finding workarounds its not for you. If you decide to keep using it you will need to read through this thread to find out how to fix the bugs it has.
If you really want to use an aosp ROM on this phone I'd suggest carbon ROM. Although it isn't as well known as CyanogenMod, Carbon ROM has all the customization options that cm has and more. Its also a little more stable than cm on the f6. It has most of the same bugs but they aren't quite as bad.

Turn off all vibration, use a app to raise the lower CPU speed to something over 300, and if it has it.. turn off CRT animation, and in developer options lower all scales to .5 or less...

If it doesn't help.. It'll make it snappier at least. ... it lowered my instances of black screen lockup to around 1 in 5 days....if that

Where can I set the APN info and also select non-LTE networks with this ROM? On my other CM11 phone (not an F6) it's under Setting>More (wireless & networks)>Mobile Networks. But on the F6 when I select More all it has is Airplane mode, SMS App, NFC, Tethering, VPN, and Cell Broadcasts. My SIm doesn't have LTE so nothing works because I can't select non-LTE network.

Where can I set the APN info and also select non-LTE networks with this ROM? On my other CM11 phone (not an F6) it's under Setting>More (wireless & networks)>Mobile Networks. But on the F6 when I select More all it has is Airplane mode, SMS App, NFC, Tethering, VPN, and Cell Broadcasts. My SIm doesn't have LTE so nothing works because I can't select non-LTE network.
Go to settings#mobile network# there u can setup APN n run under Lte... Even though u dont hav lte it wll run on 4g(H+)

Edit: Nevermind, got it unstuck.

Aaaaand I'm stuck in a boot loop. I have an LG Optimus F6 on T-Mobile, I followed the instructions got to loading GAPPS and it told me I had the wrong version (4.4.3 instead of 4.4.4). Tried to boot it so I could get the proper GAPPS on there nad now its stuck.

Last edited:
Any cyanogenmod roms that at least run OK for LGMS500 4.1.2? and is it possible to just flash an update zip to update the 4.1.2 f6 build to the kitkat update? & ughhhhh its like pulling teeth trying to post anything on AF SOOOOOOOOO SLOW!!!! SO ANNOYING!!!!!!!

K thks Masterchief87 I figured so and googled after I asked. I wonder if U can flash an update with a custom recovery unlike the standard must use WiFi let system download way of doing things. & dnt get me wrong Xperion ROM is really sweet I would like to run kitkst on this F6 tho & check out kitkat build roms for it

OK I've watched a video on the procedure but still am unsure if I have to update system like U would if U had an update through your carrier or if U can just flash carbon or cyanogenmod ROM using TWRP without worrying about any phone carrier/usual way of getting an update on ones phone. Sorry I have never updated a build before other than flashing a 4.1.2 build ROM so I'm unsure as to the "updating" process and if I can just flash zips required?

I did some digging before asking so I wouldnt just be bothering anybody but there isn't any clear info about updating/upgrading to 4.4.4 from 4.1.2 on LGMS500 as far as if it needs carrier update or you can just flash and not worry about build if you catch my drift? So that's all I need to know really. my bad ppl

Last edited:
OK so no carrier type download update OK got cha thanks. gapps huh? that for Google afiliated apps and accounts I believe correct sir? hmmmmmm I never did more had to flash gapps on GT's Xperion ROM he must just be ahead ah the game I guess idk

So basically same way I got this ROM I'm on up and running + gapps zip OK. last question & I'll leave U alone my friend. so is there a certain gapps different builds?

Back
Top Bottom