• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help

galaxyesm

Android Enthusiast
Hello i just got a HTC Evo 4G used and is rooted. Is there away to get the phn back to stock and removing the root. I wanna get it connected and idk if there gona let me connect it cuz is rooted.

TIA.

Hello i just got a HTC Evo 4G used and is rooted. Is there away to get the phn back to stock and removing the root. I wanna get it connected and idk if there gona let me connect it cuz is rooted.

TIA.
Well, you shouldn't have an issue activating it...I wouldn't worry about removing root.
Try it, the worst they can say is no and then we can set you up with a stock rom at least, but I would say you should be fine.:)

A port is a ROM taken from another device (such as the EVO 3D) and tweaked so that it works for our phone. Technically MikG is a port. :p

You just need the ROM to be based off of something that is on the sprint network so that the sprint codes work

Do you know what rom is on it?
menu/settings/about phone..should be listed in there somewhere, perhaps under mod? version or build number..
Or if you need a rom, we can provide that man!!!! Some awesome sense roms out there, namely MikG v3.11!!!!!

Build number...myns warm twopointtwo software numver 3.70.651.1

o.k....I know you bought the phone rooted, are you familiar with flashing, booting into recovery or hboot etc, nandroid backups etc?
If so, we'll probably guide you to a good recovery, sense rom etc.

Lets try not to through out to much techno talk all this can be extremely intimidating for the beginner. First find out what the OP does know.

What is your technical experties on a scale of 1 - 5
5 being OH YEAH I'M A GOD
1 being um the calculator is still absolutely terrifying to me.

Then we can go from there

Lets try not to through out to much techno talk all this can be extremely intimidating for the beginner. First find out what the OP does know.

What is your technical experties on a scale of 1 - 5
5 being OH YEAH I'M A GOD
1 being um the calculator is still absolutely terrifying to me.

Then we can go from there

Gotcha:p

Haha i think i might say a 3-4? :b
I have a rooted ZTE WARP...i have changed my nandroid a couple of times and changed ROMS also lol...i dnt really knw that much. I just knw a little lol.

Haha i think i might say a 3-4? :b
I have a rooted ZTE WARP...i have changed my nandroid a couple of times and changed ROMS also lol...i dnt really knw that much. I just knw a little lol.
I believe myns warm 2.2 is a sense rom...I would need confirmation of this, if it is cool to use as is, to activate your phone. If you would like a different rom, we'll provide links....
My computer is slow tonight so have patience with me anyways:)

Myns warm 2.2 is a great ROM (although its a FROYO ROM so its outdated).

You should be able to get it activated with that ROM on there.

However, I would suggest updating your ROM because there have been many security fixes since the FROYO days.

I agree with Expert I would update the ROM to MikG its much better than stock and has all the security updates it also has no carrier iq in it like froyo and gingerbread (Removed in Gingerbread)

Well can someone help me get that ROM the mikeg >.<? And how to install it...i dnt actually know alot about this phn lol.

Well can someone help me get that ROM the mikeg >.<? And how to install it...i dnt actually know alot about this phn lol.

Well, heres a link to the rom...use the full wipe version:
MikG v3.11 [3/9/2012]

Here's a link on how to flash it:..post # 3..skip step 4
Can we flash over the old ROM?

but first, I think we need to find out what recovery you currently have and perhaps upgrade it...am I right guys?

Simply reboot into your recovery. It should say in the bottom left corner what recovery it is.

(If you don't know how to get to recovery... pull out the battery, put it back in, and hold power+volume down to get to hboot. You should be able to select recovery from here)

Simply reboot into your recovery. It should say in the bottom left corner what recovery it is.

(If you don't know how to get to recovery... pull out the battery, put it back in, and hold power+volume down to get to hboot. You should be able to select recovery from here)

CWM recovery...v3.0.0.5?

CWM recovery...v3.0.0.5?
o.k...we need to change that to a new, different recovery, CWM is buggy and doesn't wipe very well.
I will link to you Amon ra or the smelkus recovery I use.
Do you remember if you have s-off? (it will say this in your bootloader screen, at the top...if it is s-off then I can give you the PC36IMG file for the recovery)

o.k...we need to change that to a new, different recovery, CWM is buggy and doesn't wipe very well.
I will link to you Amon ra or the smelkus recovery I use.
Do you remember if you have s-off? (it will say this in your bootloader screen, at the top...if it is s-off then I can give you the PC36IMG file for the recovery)

Supersonic evr2-3 ship s-off

Back
Top Bottom