• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help

and then where do i go from there?
im lost already T_T
Just follow the guide about switching recoveries and you will be fine.
After you do step 4, hboot will find that file you downloaded automatically,and ask you to update (step 5)....select yes....
Then it will ask you if you want to reboot...select no.....(in step 6 now) and so on in the guide.....

Just follow the guide about switching recoveries and you will be fine.
After you do step 4, hboot will find that file you downloaded automatically,and ask you to update (step 5)....select yes....
Then it will ask you if you want to reboot...select no.....(in step 6 now) and so on in the guide.....

it didnt ask me if i wanted to update did i do something wrong in it?

it didnt ask me if i wanted to update did i do something wrong in it?
Perhaps, when you downloaded the PC36IMG file and renamed it to PC36IMG.zip
(not .zip.zip), and you got into hboot, did it automatically look for that file?
In other words, you got into hboot, after a few seconds you shoul've seen several lines of text appear, do you recall what the last line said?
It may have said not found. Let me know.
If it did you may have indadvertently renamed the file PC36IMG.zip.zip, and it wont find it.
Also that file should be on the root (not in any folder) of your sd card.
Let me know....
No worries.....

If you are using a windows computer to rename the file, windows will hide the .zip and some people, including myself, have renamed it zip twice.

Perhaps, when you downloaded the PC36IMG file and renamed it to PC36IMG.zip
(not .zip.zip), and you got into hboot, did it automatically look for that file?
In other words, you got into hboot, after a few seconds you shoul've seen several lines of text appear, do you recall what the last line said?
It may have said not found. Let me know.
If it did you may have indadvertently renamed the file PC36IMG.zip.zip, and it wont find it.
Also that file should be on the root (not in any folder) of your sd card.
Let me know....
No worries.....

I just remember i renamed the file "PC36IMG." Nothing else no .zip or anything? But ill give it a check after work lol.

I'm completely lost as to what the issue is and what has been tried.

If you want to put MikG on the phone you will first want to change recoveries to either Amon Ra or SmelkusMOD(my preference) which is based on Amon Ra.

Step by step instructions for 90% of anything you want to do is in that dummies guide.

I'm completely lost as to what the issue is and what has been tried.

If you want to put MikG on the phone you will first want to change recoveries to either Amon Ra or SmelkusMOD(my preference) which is based on Amon Ra.

Step by step instructions for 90% of anything you want to do is in that dummies guide.

Yeah, I hear ya, 60+ posts is quite a bit if ya didn't follow it, but you're all over the forum helping out...appreciate it!!

it says no image or wrong image? i dnt get it T_T
Is the file in CAPS? not lower case....also double check no double zip...do you have a file browser? (Astro or Root Explorer, or ES File Manager?) Any of those will not hide the zip so you can double check the file with those.

Is the file in CAPS? not lower case....also double check no double zip...do you have a file browser? (Astro or Root Explorer, or ES File Manager?) Any of those will not hide the zip so you can double check the file with those.

this is the way i just drop it on the SD card not inside anything just in the SD card and well it says like this "PC36IMG.zip" does ".zip" have to b CAPS?

No, zip does not have to be in caps.
Thats odd...maybe a bad download....
O.k....Lets try this....download this...i'ts the recovery I'm using...smelkus mod based on Amon RA......also a good recovery....I renamed it already so it's ready to go...do not rename this k?:)...try that.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/58324641/PC36IMG.zip

Edit: delete your other one first

okay i wont :p...so i download it and drop it on the SD card then i just use it like if i was using that file?

One way to see what you have actually placed and how you named the file is to look at it with a file manager from the phone itself... You can correct the naming of it with it too if you need to.

okay i wont :p...so i download it and drop it on the SD card then i just use it like if i was using that file?

Correct, then continue with step 4...Just remember to delete that other file you renamed otherwise you will have 2 files, same name
So, delete your file
Download mine. (put on sd like you said)
Step 4 in guide....
Fingers crossed:p

Correct, then continue with step 4...Just remember to delete that other file you renamed otherwise you will have 2 files, same name
So, delete your file
Download mine. (put on sd like you said)
Step 4 in guide....
Fingers crossed:p

didnt work T_T keeps saying no image something like that.

If he looked at and saw it on the sd card and named correctly and not in a folder, I don't know what the problem might be.

I have read where some folk have suggested, for the purpose of putting amon ra recovery on only, that this is one good use for Rom manager app.

I don't know how that works though, but it might be worth a try,

Back
Top Bottom