• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Need help

If he looked at and saw it on the sd card and named correctly and not in a folder, I don't know what the problem might be.

I have read where some folk have suggested, for the purpose of putting amon ra recovery on only, that this is one good use for Rom manager app.

I don't know how that works though, but it might be worth a try,

i think i just give up :/ LOL...

naw, don't do that. Maybe take a break from it, but don't give up.

Someone will come in here that has an idea eventually, just don't get too stressed about it in the meantime. :p

will doing a factory reset would brick the phone right?

i think i might just need to unroot the phn...

if i buy the phn used and rooted but w/o the original SD card would all this work or it wouldnt b working...cuz when i got it. it didnt have the original SD card...that might b the problem?

naw, don't do that. Maybe take a break from it, but don't give up.

Someone will come in here that has an idea eventually, just don't get too stressed about it in the meantime. :p

is there another ROM i can flash or something so i wont have this ROM anymore LOL?

i think i just give up :/ LOL...

Let me search around some about this...
I just cant understand why your hboot, same as mine, does not see that file.
I switched recoveries 3 times, using that method....there is another, more involved method using adb to install that recovery but I am very unfamiliar with that method....(I'll learn it someday)
We'll all figure this out....
Stand by..I'll search:)

Let me search around some about this...
I just cant understand why your hboot, same as mine, does not see that file.
I switched recoveries 3 times, using that method....there is another, more involved method using adb to install that recovery but I am very unfamiliar with that method....(I'll learn it someday)
We'll all figure this out....
Stand by..I'll search:)

thanks ill be reading about it :)

is there another ROM i can flash or something so i wont have this ROM anymore LOL?

Sure, you can flash roms with Clockwork. Old Granite had that recovery for years and liked it. You just have to be more careful wiping with it, I have heard. maybe do it a few more times, and look for things to wipe in advanced or something. That is one thing, I have never used it so I don't know how it is set up to tell you how to wipe or flash with it. But it'll work.

do you see where our rom downloads are? i'd suggest the mikg3.11 full flash version as vs the upgrade one. look sharp, if you just flash the Upgrade, you will only get a piece of it and it won't work.

I think so, have read that in here numerous times! If you can gt a bigger card and put that file on it, I think you'll be in fat city!

does the SD card have to b there all the time?

my ZTE WARP has a 8 gig SD card...so what if i just use it to do all this and then delete the files and put it back on my ZTE WARP?

or is it all this bad? :p

Sure, you can flash roms with Clockwork. Old Granite had that recovery for years and liked it. You just have to be more careful wiping with it, I have heard. maybe do it a few more times, and look for things to wipe in advanced or something. That is one thing, I have never used it so I don't know how it is set up to tell you how to wipe or flash with it. But it'll work.

do you see where our rom downloads are? i'd suggest the mikg3.11 full flash version as vs the upgrade one. look sharp, if you just flash the Upgrade, you will only get a piece of it and it won't work.

idk from where to download them :o

does the SD card have to b there all the time?

my ZTE WARP has a 8 gig SD card...so what if i just use it to do all this and then delete the files and put it back on my ZTE WARP?

or is it all this bad? :p

I don't know why that wouldn't work. I think you could do that and then run the phone with the phone with 2 gig until you pick up another one for the phone.

In our all things root sticky there is a thread about roms and kernels, you can take your pick from in there of roms, or pick them from some of these old threads.

I don't know why that wouldn't work. I think you could do that and then run the phone with the phone with 2 gig until you pick up another one for the phone.

In our all things root sticky there is a thread about roms and kernels, you can take your pick from in there of roms, or pick them from some of these old threads.

ok let me try with the other SD card from my other phn...but the other phn is rooted so idk what would happen...

I don't think anything on it will take over the phone or anything... :p

unless it is formatted in some weird way the evo can't read I think it should do just fine! been wrong before though...

Let us know please! good luck!

I don't think anything on it will take over the phone or anything... :p

unless it is formatted in some weird way the evo can't read I think it should do just fine! been wrong before though...

Let us know please! good luck!
Hypothetically, if his other phone's sd card is partitioned, ext3 or 4, would that partition fudge w/his current phone?

it worked on the 8gig but idk if i should do the back up since idk what can actually happen :/
You can do the nandroid backup...it will create a folder on your sd card named "nandroid backup" or something nandroid..
You can always transfer that folder to a new card should you decide to do so.
That backup can only be used with the phone that made the backup.

Back
Top Bottom