• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well guess what? I was an Electronics Tech on surface ships! I guess we all balance out! :D

I will NOT make a sub joke... I will NOT make a sub joke... I will NOT make a sub joke... :p

Lol. I'm pretty sure you don't know any I haven't already heard. None of which (and that includes basically every Navy joke) are appropriate for the forum. ;)

Reactions: Highwayman
Upvote 0
Oh I was also going to add... now that its in warehouses who wants to try ordering it earlythrough a CSR the way people did with the Rezound? I would say if you do it mention it by the model number SCH-i515 and not Galaxy Nexus. Either they would have no idea what you are talking about or they would know not to sell a Nexus. I bet telling them to check the inventory of the i515 would have more chance of going through.

I just tried this with one of the VZW CSR folks on their website. Unfortunately I wasn't able to order one(Shocking, I know).

However after I mentioned possibly jumping ship he did recommend that i wait cause "it should be out soon". I will of course take that with a grain of salt.

Upvote 0
Lol. I'm pretty sure you don't know any I haven't already heard. None of which (and that includes basically every Navy joke) are appropriate for the forum. ;)

True dat... well, all joking aside, we're glad to have you as part of the forum :)

Now let's rock & roll our way to 31k!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

True dat... well, all joking aside, we're glad to have you as part of the forum :)

Now let's rock & roll our way to 31k!

Yes, not forum appropriate but feel free to send to me. :D

9AM tomorrow? I don't have a calendar in front of me, anyone know what date that is....

9 am tomorrow is 11/17 - maybe they can't do anything because verizon is going to announce our preorders start then?
I can hope!

Upvote 0
I know there's a lot of hate for Verizon right now. Some is well founded and some is not, but I put a lot of blame at the feet of Google and Samsung for this. My reasons are this:
Google, as much as I like what they have invented and acheived, is a crazy company that isn't exactly run well. They have little focus and seem to be much of the "let's throw a bunch of stuff at the wall and see what sticks" mentality. This allows for some great successes such as Android, but some failures too -- Wave, google buzz, and maybe google tv.

Partnering with a manufacture to build a phone to their specs is an admirable goal, but they have absolutely no clout to get the carriers to release it in a timely manner. Some might say that Samsung would have more clout to do so, and I'd agree, but the Galaxy Nexus is just a small part of Samsung's portfolio, and I doubt it will create a large amount of revenue for them. They just don't have the interest to market it as much as their other Galaxy phones.

Which brings us back to Verizon. They're not in the business to sell phones, they want to sell contracts. They don't care what phone they sell as long as it is popular and brings more customers to them. There's only one company that I know of who can completely dictate terms to the carriers and that's Apple, and it's because of the iphone's popularity regardless of how people on this board feel about it. It's completely because of their "walled garden" that has proven to be successful that they can say ,"here's our new product, here's how much it will cost, and here's when and where you can buy it".

If Google wants the Nexus to be a success (which I'm not so sure they do because I think to them it's just another experiment) they should market the hell out of this phone by showing it's capabilities, and highlight the fact that updates will be regularly pushed out. Heck they could coin a phrase like "future proof". If they do that and sell millions of these, then the next time they have a Nexus to sell, they will have a proven track record of success and will have more clout with the carriers and manufactures, eventually giving us what we want -- a smooth and problem free launch.

Reactions: Highwayman
Upvote 0
9 am tomorrow is 11/17 - maybe they can't do anything because verizon is going to announce our preorders start then?
I can hope!

One thing is possibly for sure--Verizon is absolutely monitoring these forums right now....so there could be some U.S. related release possibilities. I think they monitor these forums b/c there must be some correlation between this forum and the hits that Youtube is getting.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones