• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just realized that this thread has just pushed me to 100 posts!!!! Yay? :D

images

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, long time lurker here. I'm pretty much answering the call to bring out all of my fellow lurkers so we can make this thread epic.

In addition, I JUST WANT MY FREAKING SGN ALREADY!!!

Seriously, i need to ole yeller my OG droid seeing as he is tired out. 4 reboots and a battery pull yesterday. :( Hold on little guy, just a little longer.

I'm right there with you man. I think I had 2 hot reboots and needed about 3 battery pulls yesterday. Its only 8:30am here and i've already had 1 hot reboot and needed a battery pull. This thing can not come soon enough.

Upvote 0
If "pretty much everywhere" has it except the US on 11/21... then shame on VZW!!!

Yeah, what's the deal with VZ and Samsung devices? I believe the Fascinate was the last of that series to come out and it was the VZ version. I'm pretty sure cuz that was the phone I wanted. But, I couldn't wait and went with the Droid X. I have to believe that I made the best decision because I have never even held or used the Fascinate for comparison.
I never worked for the cell phone division but as an ex-Verizon employee I definitely have a love/hate relationship with them. :)

Upvote 0
BMX tweeted that he knows the VZW release date, but can't share it. he goes on to say that VZW wants it out before Dec 1st, tho...

I wonder if this puts the 11/28 rumors back on the table. With all the intel suggesting that stores still don't have stock, shouldn't we rule out the 21st?

I came on here late last night to see all kinds of posts saying "this is it!" regarding the 21st. I get optimism, but can we start adding "IMO" when we are merely speculating and have no real proof? :). It will save all of us the anguish of another missed "this is it" date. I should have followed my gut on all the hype last night.

Okay...let my flaming begin.

red66charger = Buzzkill. :)

Reactions: Travillion
Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with the Verizon store. Today's prerelease was a total rumor.

Monday's release is not a rumor. However he does not know if it's online only or in store as well.

You know, this whole thing is reminding me of when the 360 launched in 05'. I went to a Target post launch..checking every other day about three or 4 times asking the Guy if he knew when the next shipment would arrive, each time they said no idea but probably the next couple weeks. Finally, I asked when store shipments arrive, he told me Tuesdays or Thursdays. So I showed up Thursday morning he said no none came in. This Guy said they could come any day though...not just shipment day. I asked if they had any in the back he said no but try back next week, there was possibility a shipment would arrive. I instead on a whim went early the next morning instead a few mins afterthey opened, there was one left on the shelf, 4 had supposedly arrived "unexpectedly" that morning the guy ( same as i had talked to several times already) casually said as I walked passed....Grrr. I think the Verizon reps are being told to act the same way even when they (most) full well know what is happening. Big Red wants to sell as many Razrs as possibly before they are forced to release the phone we want.

Upvote 0
**NOTICE TO ALL LURKERS**

Please join us in the festivities and help to establish "THE" most epic thread ever on this here forum. Thanks!

Hello all, long time lurker joining the fray! I've got the OG Droid, totally stock. :p I feel like such a minority around here, haha.

Anyway, just saw some confirmation of our release date on Droid-Life, don't know if this has been posted yet:
And the November 21 Release Date for the 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus Returns, This Time Thanks to Google? – Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Reactions: Basement06
Upvote 0
I wonder if this puts the 11/28 rumors back on the table. With all the intel suggesting that stores still don't have stock, shouldn't we rule out the 21st?

I came on here late last night to see all kinds of posts saying "this is it!" regarding the 21st. I get optimism, but can we start adding "IMO" when we are merely speculating and have no real proof? :). It will save all of us the anguish of another missed "this is it" date. I should have followed my gut on all the hype last night.

Okay...let my flaming begin.

red66charger = Buzzkill. :)

VZW is the buzz kill, not you. 11/21 online is probably best case scenario at this point. Not sure how likely.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I'm right there with you man. I think I had 2 hot reboots and needed about 3 battery pulls yesterday. Its only 8:30am here and i've already had 1 hot reboot and needed a battery pull. This thing can not come soon enough.

Yea thats never a good sign. lol I even went as far as to return my OG back to a normal clock speed. I had it clocked to 1.1 ghz at one point but have it back at 800 mhz just to not kill the thing.

Side Note: What a huge speed jump im going to go through when I pick up my SGN. It's going to melt my face! lol :D

Upvote 0
So I'm really thinking about getting a T-Mobile Galaxy S2 and signing up for one of their value plans. Stock, the phone has some apparently pretty noticeable lag and is not nearly as well optimized as the Exynos versions, but it has a really good dev community and there are already a handful of really fast roms available with CM7 (and hopefully CM9 eventually) in the works for it. It also doesn't have a 720p screen, but in terms of quality/clarity it's probably the best non-HD screen you can get, so I'm really tempted. Then eventually I can sell it and get the GSM Nexus.

Convince me I'd be wrong to do this.

Upvote 0
Hello...my name is Dawn and I'm a Nexaholic. But I don't need help. I can handle it. Really. I'm good.

My name is Konrad, and I'm a Nexaholic. On a side note, it has totally helped me cut down on pr0n. Wait, that's the second time today I've mentioned adult entertainment. Maybe it hasn't helped.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones