• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... anything new? I've been dealing with this all afternoon

376539_885667787796_30510198_38655136_992749537_n.jpg

FML. My poor car. :( at least I made it out with little more than a scratch and a sore neck.

Upvote 0
Reactions: GalaxyNexus
Upvote 0
Can someone please tell me what Han's Sister said?? I searched all of Han's posts and I can't find anything. Was the post deleted??

I think she had just overheard that it was back and forth about the release of the GN. Some wanted it now and some later as in a lot later. Tension from within so to speak. This is what I recall

Upvote 0
Can someone please tell me what Han's Sister said?? I searched all of Han's posts and I can't find anything. Was the post deleted??

Don't think Han shared it. Steven got it from her somehow. (edit:<-- this could be inaccurate.)

There was a wild rumor that got everyone worked up about VZW pushing this back to Q1 2012. Steven's "source" clarified that it was a contingency plan (as did Han's sister) as an option of last resort. Basically, nothing has changed. VZW is bickering among themselves just like those of us on the interwebs about when and how this release is going down. Some say now. Some say later.

Upvote 0
Ok, that is just cool. I wonder if it will work with latitude too. Then your friends or family could all find each other in a large mall or something.

That would rock! Or tracking a loved one through customs so you can eat your airport big mac without feeling like they're gonna come through the gate and not see ya...OMG, the possibilities ARE calling. :D

Upvote 0
While I'm excited to see the continued growth in Google's 3D mapping/navigation, I still stand by my opinion on the barometer. We were discussing it here a few weeks ago and the general consensus here and in the community is that its there to "assist" in the GPS locking a little speedier with a "general" barometric reading. I don't believe the instrument in the phone will be sensitive enough to do any finite readings like tracking from one floor to the other. The barometric variance in something like that is so minuscule that the tech in this phone most likely wont be capable of observing that difference. This all has to be taken as just my opinion because I still cannot find the dang article I first read it on- of course, I quit looking when I thought the barometer discussion was over hahaha.

Oh my, I must have missed that discussion...Yea, see I was thinking the same thing--that it couldn't possibly be getting any pressure changes (I mean, ur in a building) but I didn't think GPS could detect such small altitude changes. Now that I'm thinking about it after reading your reply, I remember that some of those biking and running apps give you a summary with altitude tracking as well, so I guess barometer has nothing to do with it. Thanks for the knowledge :)

The indoor maps are nifty, and expansion seems guaranteed, considering google is allowing stores to upload their floor plans. Guess that means we won't be seeing any Google Shopping Carts at our local Westfield's. :)

Upvote 0
just a thought
one of the Verizon twitter pr people was talking about how 12/5/10 was the original Verizon LTE launch, maybe once they missed some windows they thought that could be a good tie in give them annoying movie guy tag lines to run:
"2 years ago we brought you the nations fastest network, now we bring you the nations fastest phone to put on it"

Verizon LTE launch marks start of turf war, say analysts | TG Daily

Upvote 0
My Dear Gnexer's,

I'm off to bed...I'll leave you with this...

View attachment 24571

:rolleyes:

Good Night,

Tom

And this is...?!
Edit: Well of course it's a GNex, but what is the significance of posting it?
Edit 2: Derp, I just realized you only posted it as a reminder. At first I thought it was a picture you found on Verizon's site or something :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones