• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame the delay on Rezound AFers. I told them I would buy the Rezound if it had an unlocked bootloader before the SGN is released, and damn if they aren't trying to call my bluff. At least I never said anything about eating a Rezound.

Where are you seeing anything about s-off being done?

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday I emailed Verizon stating in a calm, not so rude way that I was upset with their marketing (lack of) and not providing a release date of any sort for the first android phone to run the new operating system (kinda a big deal IMO). They announced the phone in October and haven't heard anything offical since.

He basically just said he wants it too, all its features and he can't provide a release date.

Sorry for wasting your time with this pointless post..(nothing new)

I said it about a month ago, thinking it wouldn't even get close, but here it is...I'm a week away from getting a phone that is NOT the galaxy nexus. Come the 15th, if it is not out, I am going to buy a ReZound. The only qualification I put on that is if the release date is announced on the 15th and it comes before Christmas. If I have no word by the 15th, ReZound it is.

EDIT: HECK, I might go with Apple. Sure they are boring, but at least I know I'll get regular updates.

If I walk out the door with a Nexus tomorrow, I wonder if I can expect black suburbans with tinted windows and a Verizon logo to pull up in my driveway, with two guys in black asking me to hand it over?

I know that I'm just a nobody here. But I thought I'd share some potentially good news. I just got off the phone with a local big red reseller (not corporate store) here in MN twin cities suburb. Guy said he just got an email at 2pm today (central time) stating that sales start 12/9 (tomorrow)!!!! He seemed to be aware of the on again off again rumors this week too. I really hope he has his facts straight. But I have high hopes since he just got the email an hour ago stating tomorrow is a GO!!!

There is no waiting list at his store, and I'm first in line at 9am for some Galaxy goodness.
You can't see me right now, but I'm doing cartwheels and stuff. And a guy my age and size really should not be doing cartwheels. It ain't pretty.

-me

And as I have posted many times, by 12/15, most all of you should have this phone in your hands.

good luck

I'm not a regular phone forum addict, but I did hang out in HoFo a lot just prior to the OG Droid launch. IIRC, I remember teddyearp and gandolf something as being good sources.

I wish one of them would post again.

Bored:
GSBt0.jpg

How DARE you...

There's a Melting Pot in Red Bank. :D

Back in college, a good friend of mine worked at a Melting Pot that was in an old mortuary. They used to have all kinds of freaky things happen. One night after closing up the italian restaurant I worked at, some of us headed over to his Melting Pot for a party. In one of the back rooms that pretty much only got used for private parties there was an old fireplace. Had a ball of light come the fireplace and float around the room before it disappeared with an audible 'pop'. No idea what it was, but certainly made for a fun evening of speculating over drinks.. and no, had not partaken of any alcohol or other mind-altering substances before that happened.

Melting Pot is a great date restaurant though! Maybe I can use open table on my Gnex when I finally get it to make a reservation there. And perhaps the camera to snap a picture if the local MP here is haunted too.
:D

I said it about a month ago, thinking it wouldn't even get close, but here it is...I'm a week away from getting a phone that is NOT the galaxy nexus. Come the 15th, if it is not out, I am going to buy a ReZound. The only qualification I put on that is if the release date is announced on the 15th and it comes before Christmas. If I have no word by the 15th, ReZound it is.

These proclamations have had a tendency to be delayed as much as the release of the actual phone.

New Jersey is repping hard here.

Newark reporting in. Would like to get it at the costco in union

nice, i'm in kearny. is the costco in union the closest one? i'll probably go to the verizon store in hoboken. they are the best in the area from previous experience.

ew, how is a 3g phone your answer to this problem?

i know-- the 3g *was* an absolute deal-breaker for me.
however, i think the only other phone out there that satisfies user experience is the iphone (other than a pure google/android experience). it stinks SO much that i have to compromise on the 3g issue but i'm just at my limit with this phone.

i really hate to say this, but "it's just a phone". i know i'll get another phone in 2 years (when i start my clerkship years, no less!)

i was sold on the nexus since the early part of the year (nexus prime days) and after months of teasing, i'm through with it.

i know the nexus is going to an amazing machine when it comes out..but i'm done. i guess i'm just a lesser man than you guys.

adieu!

edit: wait, before i go. do you guys have any idea about the app situation for ics? do the devs have to adapt their apps to ics's platform or will all of the previous apps be compatible? i just don't want to wait ANOTHER 6 months for all of the apps to be available to me.. which is another negative. (yes, i'm trying really hard to convince myself to jump ship)

nice, i'm in kearny. is the costco in union the closest one? i'll probably go to the verizon store in hoboken. they are the best in the area from previous experience.

That's where I planned on going to get mine -- when it releases we should definitely meet up.

Seems there are a ton of Nexicans in the area.

Maybe Verizon is delaying the phone after hearing all of the fuss about the emails not going out first and are trying to get something in to place to send them out beforehand?? Sometimes I crack myself up, lol.

i know-- the 3g *was* an absolute deal-breaker for me.
however, i think the only other phone out there that satisfies user experience is the iphone (other than a pure google/android experience). it stinks SO much that i have to compromise on the 3g issue but i'm just at my limit with this phone.

i really hate to say this, but "it's just a phone". i know i'll get another phone in 2 years (when i start my clerkship years, no less!)

i was sold on the nexus since the early part of the year (nexus prime days) and after months of teasing, i'm through with it.

i know the nexus is going to an amazing machine when it comes out..but i'm done. i guess i'm just a lesser man than you guys.

adieu!

heemnae...
-assuming your korean from your name.

haha

I know that I'm just a nobody here. But I thought I'd share some potentially good news. I just got off the phone with a local big red reseller (not corporate store) here in MN twin cities suburb. Guy said he just got an email at 2pm today (central time) stating that sales start 12/9 (tomorrow)!!!! He seemed to be aware of the on again off again rumors this week too. I really hope he has his facts straight. But I have high hopes since he just got the email an hour ago stating tomorrow is a GO!!!

There is no waiting list at his store, and I'm first in line at 9am for some Galaxy goodness.
You can't see me right now, but I'm doing cartwheels and stuff. And a guy my age and size really should not be doing cartwheels. It ain't pretty.

-me

where at, I'm in Burnsville?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom