• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so disappointed in everyone, I get off my plane and no new good news...about to get on another plane for a 3 hour trip so everyone needs to try harder.

Zebug signing off.

Back in college, a good friend of mine worked at a Melting Pot that was in an old mortuary. They used to have all kinds of freaky things happen. One night after closing up the italian restaurant I worked at, some of us headed over to his Melting Pot for a party. In one of the back rooms that pretty much only got used for private parties there was an old fireplace. Had a ball of light come the fireplace and float around the room before it disappeared with an audible 'pop'. No idea what it was, but certainly made for a fun evening of speculating over drinks.. and no, had not partaken of any alcohol or other mind-altering substances before that happened.

Melting Pot is a great date restaurant though! Maybe I can use open table on my Gnex when I finally get it to make a reservation there. And perhaps the camera to snap a picture if the local MP here is haunted too.
:D

I have been with a group of people. Seems nice for a date. I love open table.

I just got off the phone with a local big red reseller (not corporate store) here in MN twin cities suburb. Guy said he just got an email at 2pm today (central time) stating that sales start 12/9 (tomorrow)!!!! He seemed to be aware of the on again off again rumors this week too. I really hope he has his facts straight. But I have high hopes since he just got the email an hour ago stating tomorrow is a GO!!!

Vinylfreak89, did you get a similar email? Do you have any updates?

You think you have it bad? I'm currently using a Samsung Intensity (read: BASIC phone) until the Nexus comes out.

I might as well be using a basic phone. At this point I'm happy if my droid makes a phone call without restarting, or accepts a phone call at all. And text messages? Yeah I haven't been able to send or receive those reliably since July.

I'm going to try my luck tomorrow through AAFES on a military base. You can usually talk those guys into doing anything. Just asked about the phone today and the guy told me to come back tomorrow morning, I guess it's worth a shot.

i know-- the 3g *was* an absolute deal-breaker for me.
however, i think the only other phone out there that satisfies user experience is the iphone (other than a pure google/android experience). it stinks SO much that i have to compromise on the 3g issue but i'm just at my limit with this phone.

i really hate to say this, but "it's just a phone". i know i'll get another phone in 2 years (when i start my clerkship years, no less!)

i was sold on the nexus since the early part of the year (nexus prime days) and after months of teasing, i'm through with it.

i know the nexus is going to an amazing machine when it comes out..but i'm done. i guess i'm just a lesser man than you guys.

adieu!

You gotta stick around for at least a few more days. Tough it out. It'll be worth it.

PS: are you Korean? Your screen name is making me hungry, yummmm kalbi...

Edit: totally ninja'd. Korean food lovers in the house!

i know-- the 3g *was* an absolute deal-breaker for me.
however, i think the only other phone out there that satisfies user experience is the iphone (other than a pure google/android experience). it stinks SO much that i have to compromise on the 3g issue but i'm just at my limit with this phone.

i really hate to say this, but "it's just a phone". i know i'll get another phone in 2 years (when i start my clerkship years, no less!)

i was sold on the nexus since the early part of the year (nexus prime days) and after months of teasing, i'm through with it.

i know the nexus is going to an amazing machine when it comes out..but i'm done. i guess i'm just a lesser man than you guys.

adieu!

And another one falls. :(

Enjoy your new iPhone! BTW, using an iPhone does NOT make you a lesser man to those who hold out, nor does caving into a different phone. :)

I know that I'm just a nobody here. But I thought I'd share some potentially good news. I just got off the phone with a local big red reseller (not corporate store) here in MN twin cities suburb. Guy said he just got an email at 2pm today (central time) stating that sales start 12/9 (tomorrow)!!!! He seemed to be aware of the on again off again rumors this week too. I really hope he has his facts straight. But I have high hopes since he just got the email an hour ago stating tomorrow is a GO!!!

There is no waiting list at his store, and I'm first in line at 9am for some Galaxy goodness.
You can't see me right now, but I'm doing cartwheels and stuff. And a guy my age and size really should not be doing cartwheels. It ain't pretty.

-me

Good luck to you if you're successful!

and a lot of other great places. If you're in town tonight stop by Jamian's on Monmouth Street. My band is playing. :D

Red Bank is about an hour south of me. If it wasn't a work night and my daughter's school concert I would probably go just for something different to do. :D

Hey guys, I've been lurking on this thread for about a week. I was about to register for an account but apparently I already have one; I wanted to say I appreciate all the respect people are putting out for Tech. I'm a freshman here and we are still in lockdown, it helps to know how supportive people are.
My daughter goes to Tech. She was working in Christiansburg this afternoon and came home instead of going back to her apartment. She was so worried about her on friends still on campus, and about Tech's future. She forgot, though, that she (and all of her Tech friends) chose to go there after the April 2007 shootings, and how much she absolutely loves going there. Just sit tight, stay safe, and you will be amazed about how the campus and local community come together afterwards.

Interesting tidbit. No relevance to a release date or anything, but I'm on hold with a sales rep at my local store after asking about the Nexus (been on hold for 3-4 minutes) and it was going through their little recorded deals and promotions and I was blocking most of it out but this caught my attention:

"Get the Samsung Galaxy with Android 4.0 and LTE!" *facepalm* WHY DO YOU TAUNT ME!????

And asked about the status of Nexus.

The manager said "wait a minute, let me call up an e-mail we just got from the district manager. This came after their meeting this morning."

I awaited with bated breath as the manager went to the computer.

The short story: Nexus will go on sale next week at the EARLIEST! :eek: :(

Not the latest, "the earliest"!

Take it with your proverbial grain of salt, but I believe they were very sincere about it. Trust me: they want to sell them as much as we want to buy them!

Anyone heard anything about an OtterBox case launching on Verizon or OtterBox themselves? Bell in Canada seems to be selling them. A shame they don't ship to the US. :/

3Gcsb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom