• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
And asked about the status of Nexus.

The manager said "wait a minute, let me call up an e-mail we just got from the district manager. This came after their meeting this morning."

I awaited with bated breath as the manager went to the computer.

The short story: Nexus will go on sale next week at the EARLIEST! :eek: :(

Not the latest, "the earliest"!

Take it with your proverbial grain of salt, but I believe they were very sincere about it. Trust me: they want to sell them as much as we want to buy them!

This isn't such a bad thing. Next week starts in 3 days. "the earliest" probably just means that they want to make sure whatever caused them to delay it this week is resolved.

BUT it'll make a nice dent in your wallet.

I've gone once with a lady friend and holy $$$.

Yes it will definitely cost a pretty penny. It's more of a special occasion place in my opinion. But damn, I hope to have a special occasion there one day. Lol

You think you have it bad? I'm currently using a Samsung Intensity (read: BASIC phone) until the Nexus comes out.

It's not the same, we're all married. Sure, our wives are getting a little slow in their old age. Some are, shall we say, "thicker" than others. Some are really in pretty good shape though... BUT... this smokin' hot brunette (maybe she's a blond or, she may be a he for you, for me, she's a brunette) has showed some interest. I still have my wife, but, I'm keeping my eye on this one, and as soon as she surrenders to me, I will leave my wife in a heartbeat for this piece.

In the mean time, I do not NEED to move on to the next girl, but, my oh my what I wouldn't do for a slice of that....

In your lingo, my husband stopped being the studly beast he was when we got married. In the last 6 months he hasn't moved from the couch, refuses to mow the lawn, do the laundry, or clean up after himself. I always hope that when he goes to sleep he'll wake up and be nicer, but unfortunately it never happens. I'm ready to sign the divorce papers...

BUT it'll make a nice dent in your wallet.

I've gone once with a lady friend and holy $$$.

... and that's why they don't bug you trying to 'turn the table' and bring in more customers.

I see it as a trade off, I don't mind spending the cash if it's warranted (and within the budget of course). It's definitely not an every night thing or for some it's a 'special' night type place. There is always a time and place for a romantic evening with the one you love/care about (for some, lust after), Melting Pot is one of those type places. Certainly not going to take her to TGIFridays or Outback for say.. an anniversary dinner or the all-important second/third date ;) (unless you are in high school or college then it's fine :D)

Holy crap 1500 unread posts!? Alright, anyone care to PM me If I missed something relevant? I'm working and Just thought I'd pop in for a quick peek and now I have to run. 1500! Sheesh!

In your lingo, my husband stopped being the studly beast he was when we got married. In the last 6 months he hasn't moved from the couch, refuses to mow the lawn, do the laundry, or clean up after himself. I always hope that when he goes to sleep he'll wake up and be nicer, but unfortunately it never happens. I'm ready to sign the divorce papers...

Mom?? :eek:

It would be a fun contest to see who's using the lamest phone to get them through to the Nexus! No cheating place 777 on the screen so we know it's you.

I know that I'm just a nobody here. But I thought I'd share some potentially good news. I just got off the phone with a local big red reseller (not corporate store) here in MN twin cities suburb. Guy said he just got an email at 2pm today (central time) stating that sales start 12/9 (tomorrow)!!!! He seemed to be aware of the on again off again rumors this week too. I really hope he has his facts straight. But I have high hopes since he just got the email an hour ago stating tomorrow is a GO!!!

There is no waiting list at his store, and I'm first in line at 9am for some Galaxy goodness.
You can't see me right now, but I'm doing cartwheels and stuff. And a guy my age and size really should not be doing cartwheels. It ain't pretty.

-me

Everyone is somebody in this thread. Thanks for sharing and welcome to the party!

How many times can you get stood up by a date before you move on to the next girl, even if she IS smokin hot?

Plus, when the Rezound gets those ice cream implants she may be even hotter than the Nexus.
I am getting to this point to. Sigh, Verizon is breaking my will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom