• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I now have an extended battery and back door for my future G-Nex. If only I could find the rest of it.

On a side note:
I already received my tpu case from Amazon and that gave me a good first impression of the size I should be expecting, but the fact that the battery cover is larger than my Eris was hard to believe at first.

Thought Id share my latest gnex story.

I stopped in the BB Mobile store to inquire if they knew of a new release date. The manager there said he just got the shipment today but it had no street date info. He called his regional manager who gave him the ok to sell it to me TONIGHT. Naturally I told him to ring me up, but of course the register wouldn't let him. Interestingly, it was because the phone had no price not because of some street date block. He said to call him up in the morning to see if anything had changed.

I was so close to getting lucky I could taste it. The box was sitting right in front of me!

Is it normal for Verizon to have phones in stock without a demo to show? After visiting 5+ stores today with confirmation that they are in stock but cannot even open the box and would be FIRED if they were to show me one, I'm concerned that they aren't sure that they are going to ever release it! If they aren't showing it, except in super secret instances as discussed in earlier threads, that makes me guess that the reasons are legal and they cannot be certain that they will be resolved!?!?

Thoughts? At this point, my guess is that any rumored release date is a guess at when the legal antics may be resolved, but fell relatively pessimistic about this now...first time for me since Oct :(

where did all of the " vzw is shipping the phones back " reports come from? Rumor? Any confirmation? I realize that is a stupid question since everything is pretty much Rumor.

Just wondering.

Well I just stopped by my local verizon and was able to play with it for a few minutes ... I must say its awesome and fast. They confirmed it WAS supposed to release tomorrow but was delayed. I asked if there was any chance for tomorrow and they said no and they are not sure when it will release. But they did mention that it may be delayed because of a new apple lawsuite... again apple! Take it for what its worth.

imagejpeg952.jpg

imagejpeg952_3.jpg

OFF TOPIC:

My new laptop is completed and is shipping:

• 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
• 2GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
• FREE UPGRADE to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• 15.6" Full HD HP Anti-glare LED (1920 x 1080)
• FREE UPGRADE to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
• Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN
• Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad

I purposely bought the slower hard drive as I'm having it replaced by a student of mine (an IT guy) with a SSD (solid state drive).. this thing should fly.

4 year in home warranty. :)

Wait. Did we pay for this too?

Jk :)

Well I am disheartened that we are most likely not going to see our precious tomorrow, as well as by the fact that I am a Virginia Tech student and we had another incident this afternoon...ehh. The only glimmer of hope I've had lately is that I get to graduate in 8 days AND I pulled the trick off that got me unlimited data yesterday. Wait, I guess those two things are more than "glimmers" ;)

Thought Id share my latest gnex story.

I stopped in the BB Mobile store to inquire if they knew of a new release date. The manager there said he just got the shipment today but it had no street date info. He called his regional manager who gave him the ok to sell it to me TONIGHT. Naturally I told him to ring me up, but of course the register wouldn't let him. Interestingly, it was because the phone had no price not because of some street date block. He said to call him up in the morning to see if anything had changed.

I was so close to getting lucky I could taste it. The box was sitting right in front of me!

You should have went and grabbed one of the buyers guides with the $299 in it for them to ring you up.

I stopped by my local Costco on the way home from work. They had a dummy GNex to look at. My 1st impressions: smaller than I thought (in a good way) and also thinner. I dont own a smartphone but I think the look of the phone is outstanding and has a nice ergonomic feel. As reported the Rep said it was set for sale tomorrow but has been delayed until further notice. After seeing it and holding, I will definitely wait for it.

Crazy conspiracy theory...

Ok, so clearly we aren't getting the phone tomorrow, but now I believe that we all are guilty of causing this. No -- not some executive retribution for leaked dates. Here's the scenario that I see:

A) Verizon was going to release it on the 9th.

B) The blogosphere, including this forum/thread, explodes in anger earlier this week over Verizon's alleged blocking of Google Wallet.

C) Google and Verizon jointly decide to delay release to include OS update including Wallet.

So without all of us in B), we would be happily picking up our Nexuses tomorrow! QED

Omg! This is exactly what I was thinking! I have no proof but I keep telling myself, why oh why couldn't the sites have reported on Google wallet on Friday afternoon or Saturday!

Well I just stopped by my local verizon and was able to play with it for a few minutes ... I must say its awesome and fast. They confirmed it WAS supposed to release tomorrow but was delayed. I asked if there was any chance for tomorrow and they said no and they are not sure when it will release. But they did mention that it may be delayed because of a new apple lawsuite... again apple! Take it for what its worth.

Apple does not have a lawsuit against the nexus. It was against phones/tablets with touchwiz on it and the judge already overturned that one..

My husband just stopped by my office and saw my empty TPU case sitting on my desk. He said, You already have a CASE??!!?

I refrained from punching him in the face and stompin on his iphoney. He just doesn't understand. I truly thought we were ALMOST there...

Luckily we have a psychiatrist on standby in the thread. Hope he specializes in anger mgmt issues, as there's a lottttt of frustration here!

OFF TOPIC:

OFF TOPIC:

• 2nd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2670QM (2.2 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) with Turbo Boost up to 3.1 GHz
• 2GB Radeon(TM) HD 6770M GDDR5 Graphics [HDMI, VGA]
• FREE UPGRADE to 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
• 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
• 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
• 15.6" Full HD HP Anti-glare LED (1920 x 1080)
• FREE UPGRADE to Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
• HP TrueVision HD Webcam with Integrated Digital Microphone and HP SimplePass Fingerprint Reader
• Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN
• Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad

I purposely bought the slower hard drive as I'm having it replaced by a student of mine (an IT guy) with a SSD (solid state drive).. this thing should fly.

4 year in home warranty. :)

What brand? I ordered a Toshiba on Cyber Monday that has similar specs. Its on backorder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom