• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Galaxy Nexus Pre-Release speculation thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
OT

Embarresed to ask, but it has been so long...

Where do you go to change your AVATAR? Either my coffee hasn't kicked in or I'm half-******ed (probably the latter) but I can't find it in my profile settings. Thanks!

user CP wayyy up top in the left corner of your screen when your scrolled up to the top

Edit: well not WAY up top but right below the forum name there is a blue bar with a bunch of links its the the one all the way to the left.

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0
Ok, so let me get this straight. We are ~24 hours from one of the largest Android launches in US history (A Nexus on Verizon with ICS, a major OS overhaul) and yet we've received no official word from Verizon, no advertising, nothing on their website, no PRs, conflicting stories from resellers and CSRs, etc. etc. Color me skeptical. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect there are going to be MANY disappointed folks in here tomorrow.

Glad to see you are your usual "optimistic" self. LOL We wouldn't want you any other way. You bring balance.

Upvote 0
Good Morning all! I have been getting ready to retire my DroidX for the nexus and was considering how to transfer everything stored on the sd card to the Nexus. I am thinking about using Dropbox or maybe WiFi Explorer. Any one else have any thoughts?

Having had a 16GB SD card go bad on me in the phone, I have religiously maintained a backup of my 32GB SD card on my laptop. That way I HOPE it won't be a problem to simply select the files I want and move them to Nexus.

That's the plan, anyway :)

Upvote 0
Ok, so let me get this straight. We are ~24 hours from one of the largest Android launches in US history (A Nexus on Verizon with ICS, a major OS overhaul) and yet we've received no official word from Verizon, no advertising, nothing on their website, no PRs, conflicting stories from resellers and CSRs, etc. etc. Color me skeptical. I hope I'm wrong, but I suspect there are going to be MANY disappointed folks in here tomorrow.

I really hate to admit it to myself, but I'll be shocked if it is actually released tomorrow.

Reactions: MysterX
Upvote 0
OT

Embarresed to ask, but it has been so long...

Where do you go to change your AVATAR? Either my coffee hasn't kicked in or I'm half-******ed (probably the latter) but I can't find it in my profile settings. Thanks!

Try "Edit Profile Picture" :)

EDIT: Sorry not enough caffeine here either... try "Edit Avatar" under "Settings and Options"

Upvote 0
I use my OG Droid as my alarm clock, using it on it's dock. It decided to freeze at 2:53AM, so it never reached 5:45 when my alarm would wake me up. My carpool in the morning showed up at my house at 7 AM thinking I had died since I wasn't picking up my phone either (still frozen!). They proceeded to ring the doorbell a billion times, with me looking at my clock to see it's 2:53AM and I thought that my house was on fire or something (why else would someone be ringing my doorbell at 3AM on a Wed morning?!)

Moral of the story - I need this Galaxy Nexus NOW! Must destroy OG Droid immediately!

How ironic! Mine did the same thing this morning.

Reactions: JC13
Upvote 0
Good Morning all! I have been getting ready to retire my DroidX for the nexus and was considering how to transfer everything stored on the sd card to the Nexus. I am thinking about using Dropbox or maybe WiFi Explorer. Any one else have any thoughts?

Why not just connect both devices to your computer and drag the files from one to the other?

Upvote 0
The big question is whether we'll see anyone born on launch day being named Nexus or Galaxy. I sure hope no one thinks Verizon would be a cute name. The kid would be quiet and despised for life!

I think we should start watching for announcements in 9 months for little ones.

Will stuff like the dock and the tpu case still work with the extended battery? I know it barely adds any bulk to it.. but just a little can make a big difference.

That's what she said!

We've still got room for you to slide yours in too!

Hahahahaha. Wow.

See if this worked...

I changed my profile pic from the TB in hopes that it will change my/our luck. Time for a new avatar and time for a new phone.

EDIT: HMM, old avatar is still there. Hope that's not a sign!!!

Avatar is different. Go into user cp and it'll be in a menu on the left

Upvote 0
See if this worked...

I changed my profile pic from the TB in hopes that it will change my/our luck. Time for a new avatar and time for a new phone.

EDIT: HMM, old avatar is still there. Hope that's not a sign!!!
It sounds like you changed Profile Picture. What you want to change is Avatar.

Ninja'd of course. Should have known the Avatar Queen would beat me!

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Me too! I plan on getting out to my local VZW corporate store around 8:30ish EST to play it safe.

Yeah I will leave work at 8:30, and check out the store (only about 5 minutes away), if there is no one in line, there is a chick-fil-a next door, I will grab some breakfast.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones