• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official* iPad Thread

I'm not shy about confessing my love for the OS X - but I haven't been a fan of the iPod/iTouch/iPhone since they first started making those things.
This new iPad is just another scheme for Jobs and Co. to sell middle-ground hardware technology for a premium price.
Yes, it's pretty - I guess. But I was expecting something more than a frikkin iPod Touch with a bigger screen, Jesus.

Read over the specs and tech articles on this thing - FAIL.
*Fail as far as what most people were looking forward to through the veil of hype that's been surrounding this thing for the last two or more years...
from Apple's standpoint - this is more of a "content delivery" device than a full fledged computer.
What good it does a user who already has an iPhone/any other smartphone and a laptop, I can't imagine. Far from "Magical".

Still uses that sealed battery and charging extras for industry-standards I see- Eh, Steve? USB or SD card reader accessory, anyone?

The Lemmings and Apple Fanbois will screech about how "we don't understand the market for this device and Apple's genius" and how we're all idiots because we're not willing to sell our children to get one of these - even though anyone born with a box of rocks for a brain, would be able to see how underwhelming it is.

I've been a Mac user for far longer than most of the newbie iPhone owners with zits on their face have been, and I can honestly say the only revelation this iPad had for me, was how it made me want to hold out longer to see what the competition will be offering in the future.
What Apple is betting on, is that products like the iPod Touch and the new iPad will turn tweens and grade school youths into iPhone and Macintosh buyers in the future when they get older.

This isn't a product aimed at intelligent computer users who expect a lot out of their platform of choice...
It's a product designed to make your 10 year old kid say "I want a MacBook Pro!", when they eventually become college-bound. Or at very least "iPhone!" for Christmas when they turn 15.

I'm not shy about confessing my love for the OS X - but I haven't been a fan of the iPod/iTouch/iPhone since they first started making those things.
This new iPad is just another scheme for Jobs and Co. to sell middle-ground hardware technology for a premium price.
Yes, it's pretty - I guess. But I was expecting something more than a frikkin iPod Touch with a bigger screen, Jesus.

Read over the specs and tech articles on this thing - FAIL.
*Fail as far as what most people were looking forward to through the veil of hype that's been surrounding this thing for the last two or more years...
from Apple's standpoint - this is more of a "content delivery" device than a full fledged computer.
What good it does a user who already has an iPhone/any other smartphone and a laptop, I can't imagine. Far from "Magical".

Still uses that sealed battery and charging extras for industry-standards I see- Eh, Steve? USB or SD card reader accessory, anyone?

The Lemmings and Apple Fanbois will screech about how "we don't understand the market for this device and Apple's genius" and how we're all idiots because we're not willing to sell our children to get one of these - even though anyone born with a box of rocks for a brain, would be able to see how underwhelming it is.

I've been a Mac user for far longer than most of the newbie iPhone owners with zits on their face have been, and I can honestly say the only revelation this iPad had for me, was how it made me want to hold out longer to see what the competition will be offering in the future.
What Apple is betting on, is that products like the iPod Touch and the new iPad will turn tweens and grade school youths into iPhone and Macintosh buyers in the future when they get older.

This isn't a product aimed at intelligent computer users who expect a lot out of their platform of choice...
It's a product designed to make your 10 year old kid say "I want a MacBook Pro!", when they eventually become college-bound. Or at very least "iPhone!" for Christmas when they turn 15.
My thoughts exactly, only expressed a little less crude ;)

No usb ports? No Flash? No GPS? No 16:9 screen ratio (4:3 instead??)? No multitasking?

What the heck does this thing have that would draw us away from our netbooks or laptops or Android devices or comics section of the newspaper? :D

the more i think of, crApple is out smarting the general public, and we're falling for. They are first to hit the scene with a shiny new product deemed revolutionary and breathtaking and so unique that theyre banking on something. that something is when people used to have $$ (clinton era (this isnt political)) people would go out and but the latest greatest and pretty much whatever they wanted. look at our state now. we have no problem sending 100+ million $ to aid Haiti, and deservingly so, but where's our aid? but back to the point. we are out of money and facing another depression and apple being first, shiny, and well 'its apple, theyre APPLE', is not helping when they are *first to release so an amazing e-reading type of a device.

ugh, its so predictable.

Steve and his team of black jean cronies are outsmarting sooooooo many. kudos. first to the game doesnt mean the best, but with Apples marketing it is. Mac Book Pro....... seriously whats the justification for getting one? film, A/V students blah blah, but since nobody markets like the great Apple, well it has to be the best....... especially for that price.

-=Apple, Making Americans Dumber and Profiting=-

ugh i'm done talking

the more i think of, crApple is out smarting the general public, and we're falling for. They are first to hit the scene with a shiny new product deemed revolutionary and breathtaking and so unique that theyre banking on something. that something is when people used to have $$ (clinton era (this isnt political)) people would go out and but the latest greatest and pretty much whatever they wanted. look at our state now. we have no problem sending 100+ million $ to aid Haiti, and deservingly so, but where's our aid? but back to the point. we are out of money and facing another depression and apple being first, shiny, and well 'its apple, theyre APPLE', is not helping when they are *first to release so an amazing e-reading type of a device.

ugh, its so predictable.

Steve and his team of black jean cronies are outsmarting sooooooo many. kudos. first to the game doesnt mean the best, but with Apples marketing it is. Mac Book Pro....... seriously whats the justification for getting one? film, A/V students blah blah, but since nobody markets like the great Apple, well it has to be the best....... especially for that price.

-=Apple, Making Americans Dumber and Profiting=-

ugh i'm done talking

This may seem a little hypocritical, because I throw caution to the wind sometimes and purposely leave out punctuation and capitalization. And while I think I agree with you, that post was really hard to read. I'm just trying to help.

Let me tell you, the HTC hero is no powerful rocket either, android OS as a whole is very limited in memory.

Shows you don't know anything about mobile platforms, OS's, or software in GENERAL. Until you READ UP, I suggest you refrain from posting to avoid making your self look even more ignorant. Memory has NOTHING TO DO with what OS it is running.

Shows you don't know anything about mobile platforms, OS's, or software in GENERAL. Until you READ UP, I suggest you refrain from posting to avoid making your self look even more ignorant. Memory has NOTHING TO DO with what OS it is running.

I agree with IOWA again! Nooooo!!

Well, you can do more with an unlocked iphone...

true but this is a much bigger device then an iphone is, which still seems like your getting a deal i mean im not an iphone fanboy clearly from my signature but i think people are overeacting out of there apparent hate for apple products, and press coverage.

true but this is a much bigger device then an iphone is, which still seems like your getting a deal i mean im not an iphone fanboy clearly from my signature but i think people are overeacting out of there apparent hate for apple products, and press coverage.
Watch the linked Hitler video - it sums up perfectly what is wrong with the iPad. It's very funny too.

Come to think of it, this jailbroken with a custom OS might be worth a shit. Otherwise, its worthless :P

Im still getting my android netbook :)

In my opinion a netbook needs a desktop OS rather than a smartphone OS. So an Android netbook wouldn't make much sense to me either. So Apple have it doubly wrong.

The lack of "proper" OS X was the deal-killer for me personally. I know it's probably been discussed to death all over the Internet already, but by using a scaled-up version of the iPhone OS, they've cut back too much of the iPad's potential in favour of over-simplifying the interface.

This could have been an effective secondary computer for myself, maybe to display email and instant message chats while I'm working on my main PC, acting as a quick way to display and edit documents in meetings. Having a flat bottom and Photoshop could have made for a good artistic tool. Or better still, to use the Android emulator in full-screen mode so you can test your code as if it was on a proper device (presumably for those that don't have an Android handset to hand).

So yeah, big disappointment all round.

The device is smooth and fast, I actually wanted to like this product. I was looking forward to multitasking though....and it's just a big turn off that it doesn't have it. I mean, if I had a device like this I would definitely want to be able to have my IM program and email running at the same time...or be able to stream music while reading the paper. It's one thing for the iPhone to not have it...but this device is much closer to being a PC (yes Macs are PCs) and I think it's a huge mistake that it doesn't have it. Look around the web, almost every tech site is dmomoceioisappointed with this device and mainly for that reason.
@momoceio: precisely my point and no argument from me.I've 2iphones 3g and 3gs, a laptop and where is the ipad fit in my case? :confused:

Best quote so far on "This Week in Google" was a woman complaining about the name saying she heard the pricing tiers would be "light, medium and heavy".

Best quote so far on "This Week in Google" was a woman complaining about the name saying she heard the pricing tiers would be "light, medium and heavy".

Are they marketing the device to women, mainly?

Yeah, that's it; guys will be shy about going to the store and being caught even looking at an iPad. :D

Ok well, a few preliminary findings. I could not find evidence of granted injunction. So I believe we will just have htc "answer" the complaint within 30 days.

I find it curious that apple filed on 20 infringements, making it very troublesome to litigate. In addition, the patents seem very generalized and could apply to half the smart phones out there. It looks like on its face the complaint is seeking some type of generalized settlement once Htc files their infringement complaint ( oh they will).

I gotta tell you I have the iPad right now and it is simply amazing. Makes casual email, Internet liquid smooth.

IMG_0004.PNG

IMG_0002.PNG
IMG_0003.PNG

Back
Top Bottom