• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

***Official Midnight Release Party Thread***

Dude! Its NYC! They always do something BIG! They'll probably have like Jay-Z on hand doing a free concert rapping about the Droid X or something ridiculously cool like that...LOL! :D

Haha, yeah you would think so, right?? But I haven't heard anything yet and google is turning up zilch. Maybe I'll swing by the 34th street store tomorrow and bug the reps about it.

Corpus Christi Corporate Verizon Wireless Store is having a midnight release party as well! DJ playing , 5 free jawbone headsets given away to first 5 people who activate with a 2yr agreement. $1,000 dollars in give aways !!! Party starts at 11pm 07/14/2010. Other vendors will be onsite giving away additional prizes !!

The rep i talked to yesterday said they were opening at midnight on Wednesday.. so i guess technically that would be Thursday. Is that the same thing they told you?

I wish my Verizon store was doing something fun like the Corpus Christi one....mine is just opening a few hours early at 8 AM...

Just found out my store is closing at 8pm on wednesday before the midnight release! You guys think getting in line around 5:30 would snag me one of the first 20 spots for a free docking station?

its kinda strange. so far no verizon store in so. cal is doing a midnight opening. i notice its only the east coast.

Still nothing in my area either (Chicago far West 'burbs) as far as a midnight opening. All the stores around me seem to be opening only an hour early.

I just called around to a lot of Verizon corporate stores around st. louis and only one is opening up early....and thats at 8 am. Booo saint louis. I wanted a midnight release.

Still nothing in my area either (Chicago far West 'burbs) as far as a midnight opening. All the stores around me seem to be opening only an hour early.

I'm in the same area and yup no one seems to be doing anymore than 1 hour early except for woodfield and I'd rather go to a closer-and-not-as-popular location.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But unfortunately, this thread is not Official. Section 2.3.15 of the AndroidForums handbook says, and I quote, "All official threads must contain three asterisks at the beginning and the end of the thread title. Failure to comply with this regulation voids all merit and the thread is deemed Non-Official." As you can see, the end of the thread title only has two asterisks. Due to this oversight the thread has been downgraded to a Class B thread, also known as Non-Official or Unofficial.

I'm in the same area and yup no one seems to be doing anymore than 1 hour early except for woodfield and I'd rather go to a closer-and-not-as-popular location.

My two closest options are Plainfield and the one on 59 near the Mall in Aurora. Both are only opening at 8. Looks like I will be waking up early instead of staying up late. :(

At least if I hit Plainfield there should be fewer people.... I hope. lol

My two closest options are Plainfield and the one on 59 near the Mall in Aurora. Both are only opening at 8. Looks like I will be waking up early instead of staying up late. :(

At least if I hit Plainfield there should be fewer people.... I hope. lol

Ah I'm more 'northwest' - st charles area. At least we won't have to compete for first in line at the same store:D

Ah I'm more 'northwest' - st charles area. At least we won't have to compete for first in line at the same store:D

Good, I was getting worried I would have to fight another board member for a spot in line. LOL

Anyway, guess the Chicago metro area isn't cool enough to get a midnight release.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But unfortunately, this thread is not Official. Section 2.3.15 of the AndroidForums handbook says, and I quote, "All official threads must contain three asterisks at the beginning and the end of the thread title. Failure to comply with this regulation voids all merit and the thread is deemed Non-Official." As you can see, the end of the thread title only has two asterisks. Due to this oversight the thread has been downgraded to a Class B thread, also known as Non-Official or Unofficial.

Sorry...typo...FML :(

Oops FML...

The corporate store in Frisco Texas is having a midnight launch for the Droid X. They will have a DJ, food, and giveaways throughout the night. They are taking appointments and the festivities start at 11pm July 14th. :D

***I hate to be the bearer of bad news. But unfortunately, this thread is not Official. Section 2.3.15 of the AndroidForums handbook says, and I quote, "All official threads must contain three asterisks at the beginning and the end of the thread title. Failure to comply with this regulation voids all merit and the thread is deemed Non-Official." As you can see, the end of the thread title only has two asterisks. Due to this oversight the thread has been downgraded to a Class B thread, also known as Non-Official or Unofficial.***

Now its ***official***:D

The corporate store in Frisco Texas is having a midnight launch for the Droid X. They will have a DJ, food, and giveaways throughout the night. They are taking appointments and the festivities start at 11pm July 14th. :D

There are at least a couple in the DFW area that are doing this :D

There are at least a couple in the DFW area that are doing this :D

Yeah, All the Central Texas Region stores are doing midnight releases with Dj roadshows and what not. When I worked there a few back, RGV and San Antonio District stores used to schedule Radio roadshows on Saturdays to promote sales. Thats what it seems like they're doing here. Lots in DFW area, Corpus Christi AND Victoria Texas.

Back
Top Bottom