• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

I don't know what everyone else has been told but I was told that it is actually impossible for them to move your contract end date. They can move your upgrade date, but not the contract end date.

With that said, I was told that I would be getting called on the 15th to have an order placed for me, they were going to allow me to upgrade. I called back to confirm and they said they had notes in there about that and I would be able to upgrade on the 15th.

So it looks like they just pushed my upgrade date up from November, or they are going to. I am still going to go into the store on the 15th and see if they can do it so I don't have to wait for the rep on the phone to place me an order.

How did you get this from VZW? Did you call the customer service line from the site? ((800) 922-0204)?

Because I just called to see if they would move my upgrade date up as well and the lady said they don't even know much about the phone yet like pricing and that I would have to call back at a later time.

So how did you get to the point you did with VZW moving your date up for this phone???

Well, this will be my first contract renewal with Verizon so I don't know. I hope you're wrong but I put in my 2 years so i hope I get something to show for it even if I only renew on a 1 year contract.

For your sake I hope I am wrong too, I wasn't positive but that is what I thought it to be. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will speak up.

It was my understanding that even if you do a 2 year contract and use your NE2 after one year you can still upgrade to a new phone.

^
Sorry if this is wrong, but I am under the impression that if you have a NE2 and you want to apply it you have to sign a two year contract, and you cannot sign a 1 year contract. Hence the New Early 2, please correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, to use the NE2 you have to re-up for 2 yrs.

Answers to FAQs

2 yr Agreement signed before 2/15/2009
-$50 or $100 "depending on your monthly access" (I'm assuming split along same lines as below)

Agreement signed after 2/15/2009 (won't end before 2010)
-$30 for 2 year agreements with plans costing $35-$79
-$50 for 2 year agreements with plans costing $80+

The way I see it the best options are:
1. Pre-order at best buy for $199, get it at launch, don't deal with MIR. This is best if you aren't anywhere near a NE2 discount, or you care more about getting it early than the price.
2. If you want to use NE2, go to VZW store (or call CS, visit web site) on 7/15 or when your NE2 comes up. May or may not have to deal with MIR but NE2 will save you $50-$100

Edit: Read closer, FAQ above does say NE2 discount is only applied "with a two-year renewal". Too bad.

So since i have a NE2 upgrade waiting for me, and I pay $80 a month for my plan. Since this current plan started in 2008, I still get the $100 discount??

If you are eligible to upgrade on or before July 15th you can go to BB and grab this phone for 199.99 plus tax and walk out the door. You will not get a NE2 credit and you will not get a 100 rebate card in the mail. You don't have to be a new customer to get it, you just have to be eligible to upgrade.

Now at a Verizon corporate store, If you contract ends at ANY TIME in 2010 you can upgrade to this phone for 199.99. If you have NE2 you can walk out the door for 199.99 plus tax, and you will receive a 100 rebate card in the mail (making the price of the phone a very nice 99.99) If you do not have NE2 you will pay 299.99 in the store and you will receive a 100 rebate in the mail.

Correct, although NE2 may not be $100 for everyone

I get that I should talk to Verizon customer service on the phone in hopes of getting my contract end date pushed up 4 days to be eligible, but what circumstances will get you the $199 price at BB? I'm still confused on that. Obviously a person who is new to Verizon and getting a brand new contract would get the low price, but what about ppl who already have contracts ending soon? Who of those people get the $199 price at BB?

You would only get it for $199 at BB if you're at least 20 months in, and are standard upgrade eligible.

So what is the deal with my situation? Sorry to state it again, but no one has given a real answer if possible:

My NE2 upgrade date is in mid-September, and my contract end-date is January 4th, 2011.
I'm assuming that I won't get the $199 price from Best Buy, but will I get it from Verizon on the release date?

No way to know if moving you up 4 days makes you eligible for the early promo- only 1 way to find out..

I don't know what everyone else has been told but I was told that it is actually impossible for them to move your contract end date. They can move your upgrade date, but not the contract end date.

With that said, I was told that I would be getting called on the 15th to have an order placed for me, they were going to allow me to upgrade. I called back to confirm and they said they had notes in there about that and I would be able to upgrade on the 15th.

So it looks like they just pushed my upgrade date up from November, or they are going to. I am still going to go into the store on the 15th and see if they can do it so I don't have to wait for the rep on the phone to place me an order.

Yes they can change your contract end date- they can do almost anything, the only question is, will they??

^
Sorry if this is wrong, but I am under the impression that if you have a NE2 and you want to apply it you have to sign a two year contract, and you cannot sign a 1 year contract. Hence the New Early 2, please correct me if I am wrong.

Correct- must be coming off of a 2 year, and sign another 2 year, to get NE2

If you are eligible to upgrade on or before July 15th you can go to BB and grab this phone for 199.99 plus tax and walk out the door. You will not get a NE2 credit and you will not get a 100 rebate card in the mail. You don't have to be a new customer to get it, you just have to be eligible to upgrade.

Now at a Verizon corporate store, If you contract ends at ANY TIME in 2010 you can upgrade to this phone for 199.99. If you have NE2 you can walk out the door for 199.99 plus tax, and you will receive a 100 rebate card in the mail (making the price of the phone a very nice 99.99) If you do not have NE2 you will pay 299.99 in the store and you will receive a 100 rebate in the mail.

I've been on a secondary line of a Family plan since September '05. I have never upgraded my phone and the original 2 year contract I was on I let lapse, so I've been month to month for years. Would I be eligible for a NE2 and if so how much? I wouldn't be able to get it for that $99.99 price, would I?

So, even though my current contract end date isn't till 12-2011, if I sign a new 2 year agreement in Aug. then my new contract end date will be 8-2012, not 12-2013?

Can't sign a new contract until you're eligible

I've been on a secondary line of a Family plan since September '05. I have never upgraded my phone and the original 2 year contract I was on I let lapse, so I've been month to month for years. Would I be eligible for a NE2 and if so how much? I wouldn't be able to get it for that $99.99 price, would I?

Secondary lines don't get NE2, sorry..

Can't sign a new contract until you're eligible

I am eligible...have been for a while now, although my NE2 isn't until Aug. My last upgrade was my husbands, which he transferred to me. I don't know how it all worked out the way it did, but I used his upgrade because my phone broke and I wasn't eligible at the time, but they extended my contract instead of his.

I am eligible...have been for a while now, although my NE2 isn't until Aug. My last upgrade was my husbands, which he transferred to me. I don't know how it all worked out the way it did, but I used his upgrade because my phone broke and I wasn't eligible at the time, but they extended my contract instead of his.

Strange.. If it was his upgrade, his contract shoulda been extended.. So yes, signing a new 2 year contract in August would make that contract expire in August of 2012, with NE2 eligibility in April, if you're the primary line

Strange.. If it was his upgrade, his contract shoulda been extended.. So yes, signing a new 2 year contract in August would make that contract expire in August of 2012, with NE2 eligibility in April, if you're the primary line

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but they extended mine. I guess it doesn't make any difference as long as they don't add the new contract to my old one. Btw, dh use to be the primary, but he isn't on our family plan anymore. (Ended up going with a corp phone)

Back
Top Bottom