• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

After talking with the last rep she said my account has notes in it saying I will be eligible when I am ready. So I guess this is good news, I was hoping they would just move it up right now, but I am still satisfied. Now all I need to do is go in on the 15th to a store and order.

Hopefully no hassle at all.

You think they would move up a NE2 date?

Nice, i will be upgrading to the droid x and then doing the 900 minutes, does that count too?

900 minutes is $60, so yea, you should be good

I got my Incredible on June 23 and I am not happy with the battery life. Can I return it and order the Droid - X? how much do I have to pay? Do I need to go ahead and do the rebate for the Incredible?

Don't do the rebate- that way, it'll be a wash, plus the re-stocking fee of course.. Bring in the original box with everything in it..

My previous date was July 24th. However, before that, I was on the old ACII plan and my NE2 date wasn't until December. I switched my plan to Nationwide and they bumped me up to July 24th when I did that. I guess they didn't see any harm in moving me up a few more days to coincide with the X launch date. But now I just heard about the Samsung Fascinate coming to Verizon so this makes my decision harder...the X or wait?

Personally I think the Fascinate will be more like the Inc- I still think the X will be better overall

You think they would move up a NE2 date?

Sure depending on how far out it is..

Okay...I called customer service. He said he can't change my NE2 date, but that if I wait until July 18 (30 before my NE2 date) that I can get it then. So, I won't be able to get it on the 15th, but I at least I don't have to wait until Aug. 18!

Question...do you think my local store would hold one for me until then? Do you think I would even have a hard time getting one 3 days after it comes out?

Okay...I called customer service. He said he can't change my NE2 date, but that if I wait until July 18 (30 before my NE2 date) that I can get it then. So, I won't be able to get it on the 15th, but I at least I don't have to wait until Aug. 18!

Question...do you think my local store would hold one for me until then? Do you think I would even have a hard time getting one 3 days after it comes out?
I would doubt that they would hold one for you, but it can't hurt to ask. As for how hard it will be to get one three days later...tough to say. I have yet to hear anything about how many are in the warehouse for launch day.

I would doubt that they would hold one for you, but it can't hurt to ask. As for how hard it will be to get one three days later...tough to say. I have yet to hear anything about how many are in the warehouse for launch day.

I asked the customer service rep and he said they expect them to be in high demand but they think they will have enough to meet it. (But y'all don't seem to think most of them know what they are talking about)

My situation sucked because my upgrade date wasn't until September 5th of this year and my contract end date was ****ing January 5th, 2011 (my luck). So I would fall outside of being eligible for this upgrade deal.

I called Verizon's customer service and got a very nice woman CS rep. I explained to her about the whole "getting any phone at the upgrade price if your contract end date is in 2010", assuming she didn't even know about that or the X.
Well, she didn't know, lol, but she said she'd see what she can do and put me on hold. She acutally did know about the phone itself a little, but not much.

About 8 minutes later (literally), she said she isn't able to move up my contract end date, but her manager let her move my upgrade date from September to TODAY :)

I was so happy, probably said thank you a million times. I just don't want to pay retail for a phone lol.

So now I have peace of mind until that great day next month :)
I just hope they let us pre-order at the real stores soon!! Otherwise, I'll be late for work that day while I'm at Verizon for opening :)

So my advice is to keep calling Verizon and explaining that you want to do this until you get a good rep that will help!!

EDIT: Aaaand just pre-ordered my X at Best Buy!! Number 8 in the store :)

so if we go ahead and do the best buy pre-order it comes to $199
From what i understand, if you have an upgrade it will not go towards purchase at BB?
So the $100 i get from having a plan over $80(started plan two years ago) wouldn't count??

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and order online from VZW

so if we go ahead and do the best buy pre-order it comes to $199
From what i understand, if you have an upgrade it will not go towards purchase at BB?
So the $100 i get from having a plan over $80(started plan two years ago) wouldn't count??

I think I'm just gonna go ahead and order online from VZW

Check with your local Best Buy about the new every two discount. Mine said that they honor the discount, so I pre-ordered it from there. My discount is also $100. They also said that they would have the phone on July 11th, I hope they're right.

Some of them will honor the discount, most of them will not.

I'm planning on getting the car dock for this. I noticed it is powered with a USB cable. Does anyone know if the dock will include an adapter like cigarette lighter to USB? Have other docks in the past included this?

@Wolfedude

DroidLanding
Droid X designate #12 has found its robot eye in the Buckeye state.

Looks like they're getting closer to us!

Yep not too far now, if I knew where it was located this wouldn't be too far of a drive.

Though I was hoping for a tweet saying something home of the Hoosiers.:(

I don't know if we will get anything closer than this, what you think?

iPhone 4 vs. Droid X: A Head-to-Head Comparison - PCWorld
PC World offers an entirely different tale:

And with the 8MP BGR update I gotta say that the X's photos look more natural than the iPhone 4's. Personally I find contrast-boosted, super sharp pictures more appealing so I would rather the X take photos that looked like the iPhone's, but as a future X owner I'm ok with the 8MP results. I'll be changing that setting immediately after activation..

Yeah I'm reading more and more how the iPhone 4 has better camera and video quality compared to the X...Kind of depressing...Just seems none of the phone manufacturers can beat the iPhone for some reason...

yep not too far now, if i knew where it was located this wouldn't be too far of a drive.

Though i was hoping for a tweet saying something home of the hoosiers.:(

i don't know if we will get anything closer than this, what you think?

to the home of the stanley cup winners!

Pathetic so far. This is supposed to be for developers, so far this is worse than most marketing speeches. They also will not approve any question not already covered by the official specs on Moto's page.

haha I just quoted you on that on the podcast comments..

So I took a trip to my local Verizon store today to get some info on release day. The one I went to was a very small authorized retailer. Actually the rep had no idea what I was talking about. He directed me to another Verizon store across town. This store was a little bigger, and the rep was way more helpful. He told me that he expects a shipment in on release day, July 15th (possibly the 16th). There was, however, no official preorder. Instead, he put my name and phone # down on a list that he started, and said he would hold the phone for me and call me as soon as the shipment was in. Awesome!

Back
Top Bottom