• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

Interesting tidbit of information I just found out: single lines can get an annual upgrade if they're on a plan of at least $50. The base plan itself has to be $50, not a combination of all the features, but all you have to do is either be on at least the 900 minute plan, or be on the 450 plan with unlimited texting.

I just purchased my Motorola Droid on 5/6/2010. Is there anyway by changing my plan, etc. that I would qualify to buy the Droid X at 199.00 with an upgrade?

I just would like to be sure all my options are covered before I pay the retail price on 7/15/2010.

Sorry, not without adding a line..

Yeah, I just found that out about 10 minutes ago. ANGRY!! Anyone have any idea of my chances of getting one if I were to show up on launch day when they opened?

Also, you would think they would learn their lesson from countless other things being in high demand. For instance with cell phones, the DI and the Evo. Also with other things like the Wii and the Ps3 (after xmas 2009)

The Moto rep was actually in yesterday, and I talked to him about the X for about 10-15 mins and he said they would have NO inventory problems whatsoever.. I'm sure VZW is kicking themselves over the Inc, and don't want a repeat..

I plan on getting to a store near my work (in the country compared to the rest of metro Atlanta) and getting there about 1 hour early.

Nothing official from VZW yet about a pre order. Maybe 12:01 on the 15th? What time zone is VZW headquarters in?

Eastern

Clearly I did miss those posts... Now I'm wondering why this wasn't showing up in basically every Droid X thread like it did today *raised eyebrow* Apparently I've overestimated the speed that information proliferates through the Droid X subforum. :S Oh well, at least it's getting around now.

Clearly I did miss those posts... Now I'm wondering why this wasn't showing up in basically every Droid X thread like it did today *raised eyebrow* Apparently I've overestimated the speed that information proliferates through the Droid X subforum. :S Oh well, at least it's getting around now.

What really kills me is people who post the question in every thread they find, without actually looking for the answer first. (Not talking about you, BTW) There are at least 2 threads looking for the answer and the question itseld is posed in a minimum of 5 threads...outta control I tell ya!:D But at least we can all sleep now knowing it has GG.

So one of the area managers come in today and need me to help them set up their exchange email on his Incredible. He looks at me and says now we both have awesome phones, I said yeah I sold my Incredible. Then he says why and I told him that I am buying the new Droid X next month, and started telling him about it. The look on his face was priceless. It appears to me that he was a little jealous or envious.

Just saying.

What really kills me is people who post the question in every thread they find, without actually looking for the answer first. (Not talking about you, BTW) There are at least 2 threads looking for the answer and the question itseld is posed in a minimum of 5 threads...outta control I tell ya!:D But at least we can all sleep now knowing it has GG.

I hear ya, it definitely causes plenty of confusion in threads. I was beating myself up b/c I had been following that thread started by the BB rep and I was even the one who posted there asking about GG. I had been following it pretty closely too and apparently that sneaked by me. fml.

In other news, I was surprised how objective BGR was in their review. Granted, you could still tell they are fully aboard the iTrain, but they're usually even more biased than in the Droid X review. It makes me even more excited for this phone!

I'm starting to get worried that I may not be able to get one on release day... Looking at all the various news and forums and seeing way more hype than I thought there would be, plus BB stopping preorders. I did put my name down on a list at my local VZ store, but for some reason I don't trust that they will actually hold one for me. I wish I could get there early to wait, but thats not an option for me...

I'm starting to get worried that I may not be able to get one on release day... Looking at all the various news and forums and seeing way more hype than I thought there would be, plus BB stopping preorders. I did put my name down on a list at my local VZ store, but for some reason I don't trust that they will actually hold one for me. I wish I could get there early to wait, but thats not an option for me...

I wouldn't worry about it too much, yes it is getting hype but this isn't the iphone. I am pretty sure the original Droid didn't sell out and people were able to get one. I think the Incredible is popular, but there is just so much of a shortage. I honestly don't expect that with this phone.

I would like to think that VZW learned from the Incredible to not have inventory shortages with a highly publicized product launch ever again (or, at the very least, that soon after a failure of the magnitude of said launch). And I would also like to think Motorola has their shit together. I don't remember the Moto Droid having any inventory shortages and they had a huge campaign at launch, but they may have, like I said I don't remember.

I'm A Little Worried As To Buying A Droid X On Launch . I'm Really Excited About This Phone , It's The One I've Been Waiting For .

On vzw.com , They Happen To Have The Free Overnight Shipping If You Order Before 4:30 PM . My Question Is , What Time Does The Promotion START In Order To Get The Overnight Shipping (Eg. 12:01 AM , 7:00 AM ? )

I Spoke To 3 Customer Service Representatives , & They Each Told Me Different Things . One Said To Just Order The Phone Before 8:30 PM , The Other Said That The Droid X Could Be Pre-Ordered On Their Website Already (That Was A Bunch of Bologne ) , & The Other Said That The Phone Orders Would Start At 8:30 AM . I'm Very Confused As To The Timing .

Could Someone Please Clarify This ?

I'm A Little Worried As To Buying A Droid X On Launch . I'm Really Excited About This Phone , It's The One I've Been Waiting For .

On vzw.com , They Happen To Have The Free Overnight Shipping If You Order Before 4:30 PM . My Question Is , What Time Does The Promotion START In Order To Get The Overnight Shipping (Eg. 12:01 AM , 7:00 AM ? )

I Spoke To 3 Customer Service Representatives , & They Each Told Me Different Things . One Said To Just Order The Phone Before 8:30 PM , The Other Said That The Droid X Could Be Pre-Ordered On Their Website Already (That Was A Bunch of Bologne ) , & The Other Said That The Phone Orders Would Start At 8:30 AM . I'm Very Confused As To The Timing .

Could Someone Please Clarify This ?

It's not a Promotion its the same with all their online sales. If you order before 4:00pm it ships over night. If you're really concerned about being first you may want to sit on the page hitting refresh all night on the 15th:rolleyes: becasue CS doesn't know #$%@@

went to best buy yesterday and the guy told me that they received an email from Verizon saying to stop taking pre-orders. I was bummed, but the guy said that they only had like 2 or 3 people pre-order, so I should just get there when they open and I would be fine, b/c he was sure that they would be getting more than 2 or 3 phones :)

@ Rimzy,

I strongly suggest that you include something about the likelihood that Motorola/Verizon will be encrypting the bootloader in your OP. If that does indeed happen, it almost assuredly means that we will never be able to flash roms to this phone, even after root access is gained.

This is a very big deal for a number of reasons.

A more comprehensive discussion is going on in this thread: http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...ootloader-flashing-roms-abandon-all-hope.html

Am I the only one who thought the engadget reviewer dislikes this phone?

but it's not a must-have phone -- especially in light of the Droid Incredible and the upcoming Droid 2."

Seriously? I think this phone is way better than the Incredible, and why would he even include the Droid 2? I look at the Droid 2 as a gimped up version of this phone with a keyboard.

Wolfedude88 said:

but it's not a must-have phone -- especially in light of the Droid Incredible and the upcoming Droid 2."

Seriously? I think this phone is way better than the Incredible, and why would he even include the Droid 2? I look at the Droid 2 as a gimped up version of this phone with a keyboard.

I feel like engadget is always biases towards android, I really do, I feel like when they review phones they are always comparing to the iPhone subconsciously so while they are an excellent site for information, I don't take thier reviews of android phones seriously, it felt like the droid x had done something to this guy for him to compare the phone to the droid 2, when it is not even out!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Agreed. But some of the things he didn't like in the video just made me make the "Oh come on, really?" face. For instance, the part about when the "braille" dots come up, he is mad that he can't access the apps right away. Was that even NECESSARY to mention?

For instance, the part about when the "braille" dots come up, he is mad that he can't access the apps right away. Was that even NECESSARY to mention?
Actually, the does kind of sound like it could be a little annoying. Why would they design it in a way that there are icons you can't click as soon as the page comes up?

Not having played with the phone, I don't know how it'll be in reality.

Either way, it's still relatively minor.

Actually, the does kind of sound like it could be a little annoying. Why would they design it in a way that there are icons you can't click as soon as the page comes up?

Honestly this is something easily changed with ADW or LP I believe.

While it is not the best thing ever, I don't think he needed to say anything about it. It is a mild annoyance that shouldn't really matter at all, and I personally like the dots! :p

While it is not the best thing ever, I don't think he needed to say anything about it. It is a mild annoyance that shouldn't really matter at all, and I personally like the dots! :p

I think a lot of people will, if you are on screen 1 and know you want a widget on screen 7 you don't have to swipe 6 times. :)

Back
Top Bottom