• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

I really want this phone, but i have to be honest and say that i have also been considering the incredible purely because of sense and thier very polished ui, is there a way to get the widgets or a sense-like ui on the market, i have been hearing about launcher pro, does it have the weather widgets that sense has? Thanks guys

I feel like I am one of the only people that doesn't listen to music that much. I will be lucky to put a 100 songs on my phone. I like music but the only time I really listen to it is when I either, go to a bar, in the car, or when cutting the grass.

I will be plenty satisfied with the 16 gb. I would have been satisfied with an 8 gb. I am glad I have 8gb for apps though, I like to have a lot and need room to store them if I so chose.
I listen to music, but I don't put it on my phone. Slacker ROCKS!

I really want this phone, but i have to be honest and say that i have also been considering the incredible purely because of sense and thier very polished ui, is there a way to get the widgets or a sense-like ui on the market, i have been hearing about launcher pro, does it have the weather widgets that sense has? Thanks guys

You can use Beautiful widgets to get the weather widget.

You can use Beautiful widgets to get the weather widget.

thank you for that tip. jumping off of the incredible to possibly the X or the Fascinate, I was worried about losing those particular sense ui widgets. that clears up my concerns. i am watching a BW video on youtube, now.

Question for people with a verizon smartphone currently. I have AT&T and an iPhone 3G, but am pretty done with them for good. Contract ends the 11th, so I'm definitely getting a Droid X. Was looking online at the Incredible and went ahead and looked up plan prices and saw there is a 2.99 charge/month for visual voicemail. Is that the case with smartphones? I know I get it free on my iPhone, and guessed that droids would have the technology as well, regardless. So anyone have an incredible or similar, do you have to pay for visual voicemail?
I don't use it a whole lot but it's nice, maybe not 3 bucks a month nice to me tho. Thanks

Question for people with a verizon smartphone currently. I have AT&T and an iPhone 3G, but am pretty done with them for good. Contract ends the 11th, so I'm definitely getting a Droid X. Was looking online at the Incredible and went ahead and looked up plan prices and saw there is a 2.99 charge/month for visual voicemail. Is that the case with smartphones? I know I get it free on my iPhone, and guessed that droids would have the technology as well, regardless. So anyone have an incredible or similar, do you have to pay for visual voicemail?
I don't use it a whole lot but it's nice, maybe not 3 bucks a month nice to me tho. Thanks

Yeah I think you have to pay the fee on verizon. However, you can use google voice for free and it offers the same thing (with other benefits as well).

Why would someone be swiping through the panels and then complain that they can't get to the dialer or start menu? Sounds like someone randomly doing stuff on the phone. Why even start swiping?

The incredible has a folder called /emmc/ where the 8gig partition is mounted. You can store anything you want there. If you insert an sdcard, it is mounted on /sdcard/. Likely the X will have the same layout.

My understanding is that the 8b isn't just for apps but they actually partition off 1g of it for installed apps. So you don't get 8g to install apps on. That would be alot of apps of used the whole thing!:eek:

Ok here's the deal on the internal memory:

6.3 available to the user, for apps ONLY- no media whatsoever. So in other words, you can't take pictures or transfer music to the phone without a memory card in it

6.3 available to the user, for apps ONLY- no media whatsoever. So in other words, you can't take pictures or transfer music to the phone without a memory card in it
Moto and verizon are misleading people, making them think you get up to 24 gb's of ram. They should just level with people and tell them the truth...

My understanding is that the 8b isn't just for apps but they actually partition off 1g of it for installed apps. So you don't get 8g to install apps o

What are talking about? It mounts as an hd which you can easily transfer media to. I don't get it I have my media on it.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom