• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

Gasp 3 seconds!!!!! WAY TOO LONG!!! :D

Didn't they say 1 second in the review? It was laughable.

I found it.....

When you swipe between home screen panels (there are seven of them, by the way), you'll get a pop-up display at the bottom of the screen that conceals the dialer, app drawer, and contacts icons to show you what screen you're currently on; it takes about a second to go away, which is momentarily annoying if you want to tap on any of those three icons.

ell i am... a 6/26 order... I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME!!

Ok....*phew* I need to know if on the 15th i can walk into the Verizon Store and get A Droid X.... Of course i will be the first in line.. But.. will they be GIVING OUT the Droid X? OR is it when Pre Ordering starts? I called last night the lady said.. you can Pre Order on the 15th... i was like wtf...

Then again does any one know if it will arrive faster then my order on June 26th? lol... I see people waiting almost a full month... Any thoughts?

ell i am... a 6/26 order... I NEED SOMEONE TO HELP ME!!

Ok....*phew* I need to know if on the 15th i can walk into the Verizon Store and get A Droid X.... Of course i will be the first in line.. But.. will they be GIVING OUT the Droid X? OR is it when Pre Ordering starts? I called last night the lady said.. you can Pre Order on the 15th... i was like wtf...

Then again does any one know if it will arrive faster then my order on June 26th? lol... I see people waiting almost a full month... Any thoughts?

Right now, unless there's a MAJOR shipment of Incs going out, the X will be available before you get your Inc. You can cancel your Inc order by calling customer service or going into a store, and then you'll be free to pick up an X on release day.

Right now, unless there's a MAJOR shipment of Incs going out, the X will be available before you get your Inc. You can cancel your Inc order by calling customer service or going into a store, and then you'll be free to pick up an X on release day.

Tonight i will call every single CSR out there.....I hope your right :(

I will be soooo happy lol First Android phone... :D

This is my first Android device, so I have no idea how the froyo update will work. I know it will be over the air, but, will it be free? Will the X say "hey, an update is ready." or will I have to know(which I probably will anyway). I figured I would ask here, because you guys are the nicest and most helpful people I have ever seen on the internet haha.

This is my first Android device, so I have no idea how the froyo update will work. I know it will be over the air, but, will it be free? Will the X say "hey, an update is ready." or will I have to know(which I probably will anyway). I figured I would ask here, because you guys are the nicest and most helpful people I have ever seen on the internet haha.
Unlike Apple and their iPhones and iPods, all Android OS upgrades are free. In most cases, the phone will pop up a message telling you that an upgrade is available.

I've been forum hopping alot lately and im starting to hear some rumblings about the on board storage. Ive read that the 8 gb storage is for apps only. Fau guy at howard forums can't even access the on board storage. Has anyone read or seen that we can store pics,vids or music on there? I sure hope so.

I'm pretty sure Motorola said it was just for apps, so I guess you would store everything else on the 16gb microSD card.

I'm pretty sure Motorola said it was just for apps, so I guess you would store everything else on the 16gb microSD card.
that's the dumbest shi7:mad: i've ever heard. What a waste of 8gb. 32gb card here i come. Ill trade anyone three 16 gb for one 32......

that's the dumbest shi7:mad: i've ever heard. What a waste of 8gb. 32gb card here i come. Ill trade anyone three 16 gb for one 32......

I was seriously contemplating buying the 32gb when I pickup my X. The accessory sheet says it will be $99.99 with the purchase of the phone. What's another hundo? lol

I was seriously contemplating buying the 32gb when I pickup my X. The accessory sheet says it will be $99.99 with the purchase of the phone. What's another hundo? lol

I feel like I am one of the only people that doesn't listen to music that much. I will be lucky to put a 100 songs on my phone. I like music but the only time I really listen to it is when I either, go to a bar, in the car, or when cutting the grass.

I will be plenty satisfied with the 16 gb. I would have been satisfied with an 8 gb. I am glad I have 8gb for apps though, I like to have a lot and need room to store them if I so chose.

I feel like I am one of the only people that doesn't listen to music that much. I will be lucky to put a 100 songs on my phone. I like music but the only time I really listen to it is when I either, go to a bar, in the car, or when cutting the grass.

I will be plenty satisfied with the 16 gb. I would have been satisfied with an 8 gb. I am glad I have 8gb for apps though, I like to have a lot and need room to store them if I so chose.

I'm looking to possibly use the X as a replacement for my Zune. I have just over 16GB of music alone, and I haven't even ripped all my CDs. lol

I get a lot more work done when I have some music I actually like to keep me entertained. Will the 16gb get me by... of course it will. But the 32gb would give me breathing room and allow me to sync all of my current music and still have room for pics/videos/etc. :)

I'm looking to possibly use the X as a replacement for my Zune. I have just over 16GB of music alone, and I haven't even ripped all my CDs. lol

I get a lot more work done when I have some music I actually like to keep me entertained. Will the 16gb get me by... of course it will. But the 32gb would give me breathing room and allow me to sync all of my current music and still have room for pics/videos/etc. :)

Wow that is crazy, sounds a lot like my sister-in-law, she has to have music on to get work done. I don't know what it is, I like music, I really do, but I don't listen to it that much.

Luckily for you, this phone can be expanded to 32 gbs of music, and 8 gbs of apps.

I just asked about the internal 8g in another thread. Basically the built in apps use it music, video, footprints etc etc and since most other Android phones don't have internal memory, until recently, there are a lot of apps that don't look for it. That should change going forward though. You can also move music and photos there and, unless you use a third party app, the player will find them just fine but you may have to experiment if you use a differnt app. So right now it looks like a good place to stick those large multimedia files.

Here's the other thread it may clear some things up or maybe not:D
http://androidforums.com/support-troubleshooting-incredible/113119-what-uses-8g-internal-memory.html

My understanding is that the 8b isn't just for apps but they actually partition off 1g of it for installed apps. So you don't get 8g to install apps on. That would be alot of apps of used the whole thing!:eek:

Oh and I'm with you I don't need 3 terabytes of space for my music. Once I figure out what I can put there and have the app find its data then it's just as good as the sd card. And once more developers start coding for it, now that it is becoming standard, we'll see more apps that use it correctly

I've been forum hopping alot lately and im starting to hear some rumblings about the on board storage. Ive read that the 8 gb storage is for apps only. Fau guy at howard forums can't even access the on board storage. Has anyone read or seen that we can store pics,vids or music on there? I sure hope so.

I think the X will be more along the lines of the Incredible- 8 GB on board, with a gig of it devoted to ROM, and the rest for storage. And on the Inc, the actual apps themselves can only be stored on the ROM- it uses the internal memory for pics, sounds, etc. that download with those apps. WE got in our demo X's at my store so I will double check this tomorrow and confirm. I did see that the 8 GB translated into about 6.3 available to the user, so I'm thinking it's along the same lines as the Incredible

Not bad.. Only a C2 though- Verizon's too cheap to splurge.. Might wanna use that extra hundo to get another 16, but make it C6 or C10

Back
Top Bottom