• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

9 more days...dun dun dun

I actually got to play with one for awhile today before I got interupted and had to come into work early. I am very jealous that the people at Verizon can mess with it all day if they want.

Oh well I will be stopping by after work as well, didn't get enough time.:(

I'll be stopping by the Hunstville, AL store on my way home from work today. I really hope they have one?

Good luck, when I went in this morning I had to go up to the counter and ask them if I could mess with it. I already knew they had one though, sure enough they had it there and let me play with it for a few minutes before I had to leave.

Good luck, when I went in this morning I had to go up to the counter and ask them if I could mess with it. I already knew they had one though, sure enough they had it there and let me play with it for a few minutes before I had to leave.

My store denies having one at all...:mad:

I'll be checking my store this evening as well. I was there bugging them for the incredible before it was released haha

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I keep wondering when Android will either start getting ports of games or when the game development community is going to step it up past ROMs. Any thoughts or news?

does anyone know what the speaker quality is like on the Droid X?
Also the ear piece speaker - how is that volume?
I see most people say call quality is great.

I have the HTC Evo currently and the speaker isn't that great kinda gets distorted at louder volumes and the earpiece volume on a call isn't that great. I am probably going to return it and get the Droid X.

Can anyone please answer this for me - i'd really appreciate it!

Kinda off topic, but did u see the white htc evo!? I like motorola but their droids are very rugged in design. I would love for the droid x's internals to make baby with the evo's externals... That would be the "phone"!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I just played with one about an hour ago. It. was. AWESOME! I called the Verizon corporate store right around the corner from me and sure enough they had one. I didn't even know that store was there until now lol. The phone felt good and looked good, now I can't wait to get my hands on my own!

I called Verizon And i have to order mine Online in order to get it for 99 Bucks :D. 100 dollar discount+ Primary account discount 100 dollars = 99 bucks :D But i am praying it will ship within a week... i been waiting to patiently as it is.. lol.

Got shot down today. :( its cool. I'll get to play with it soon enough.

I just played with one about an hour ago. It. was. AWESOME! I called the Verizon corporate store right around the corner from me and sure enough they had one. I didn't even know that store was there until now lol. The phone felt good and looked good, now I can't wait to get my hands on my own!

Looks like we were some of the lucky ones, did you think it felt huge? I know I didn't, not even a little. I am so excited.

So this may have gotten answered earlier but this is going to be my first time ordering a phone online on launch day. Does the ordering begin 12:01 am on the july 15 or does it begin like business hours? Also what kind of shipping should we expect overnight? or is it the 6 day fedex has my phone in the local holding facility for 4 days shipping? Crossing fingers they have enough inventory and I don't have to go through another Incredible debacle.

So this may have gotten answered earlier but this is going to be my first time ordering a phone online on launch day. Does the ordering begin 12:01 am on the july 15 or does it begin like business hours? Also what kind of shipping should we expect overnight? or is it the 6 day fedex has my phone in the local holding facility for 4 days shipping? Crossing fingers they have enough inventory and I don't have to go through another Incredible debacle.

My experience has been if you order before the time cutoff (3 PM EDT for orders placed in CT) you get it the next day if they ship it overnight. I am not sure if that 3 PM is consistent through time zones or not.
I would think it would be smart of them if they start taking orders the day before, that way they'll be delivered on release day.

I appreciate it guys...I know the quick way is going in store but I don't want to deal with mail in rebate. So it looks like I'll be hammering the F5 key after midnight and see if I can sneak in early to get one (I know they are saying no stock issues, but I'm a little shell shocked right now)

I appreciate it guys...I know the quick way is going in store but I don't want to deal with mail in rebate. So it looks like I'll be hammering the F5 key after midnight and see if I can sneak in early to get one (I know they are saying no stock issues, but I'm a little shell shocked right now)

Good luck!!!!

on a somber note, I just got off the phone with my "insider" and employees for Verizon Wireless (or those of us that are on Employee accounts) are not eligible for the early upgrade (contract ending in 2010). I do however have an upgrade available on 7/29 so it looks like I'll be waiting a few weeks longer to get mine. Its cool. I will now actually have time to play with the phone instore to see how I like it before I buy it. Who knows, I might just wait out the Droid 2! LOL ;)

on a somber note, I just got off the phone with my "insider" and employees for Verizon Wireless (or those of us that are on Employee accounts) are not eligible for the early upgrade (contract ending in 2010). I do however have an upgrade available on 7/29 so it looks like I'll be waiting a few weeks longer to get mine. Its cool. I will now actually have time to play with the phone instore to see how I like it before I buy it. Who knows, I might just wait out the Droid 2! LOL ;)

Sorry you are not eligible for an early upgrade, I bet you could still get that moved up if you wanted.:) But it might be nice to play with the phone for a while before buying, but I am not that patient. Don't ever bring up the Droid 2 here again, lol.

Back
Top Bottom