• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*** Official Motorola Droid X Pre-Release Thread***

anyone jumping shit from another carrier for the x? Im leaving att and 2 iphones for the X on the 15th,

What are the chances Verizon will waive activation if im buying TWO x's on launch day as a new sub? im already shelling out 400 beans

I'm seriously considering the same. Currently on att with iPhone 3G. Will have to pay an ETF but can't stand the dropped calls and poor signal at home.

I'm seriously considering the same. Currently on att with iPhone 3G. Will have to pay an ETF but can't stand the dropped calls and poor signal at home.

Talk to your stores manager. When I initially ordered my incredible I was told that verizon would "buy out" my AT&T contract. They were also going to waive my activation fee.

But with the back order fiasco I went back to my store to cancel my order so I could get the new DX. They said that all discounts I was given when I purchased the incredible I would get when I go in to get my DX.

You should actually make him get you the X and ring you up on the 15th.:D

+1

anyone jumping shit from another carrier for the x? Im leaving att and 2 iphones for the X on the 15th,

What are the chances Verizon will waive activation if im buying TWO x's on launch day as a new sub? im already shelling out 400 beans

Pretty good, it definitely varies by store though.. Getting accessories for both phones will probably help your chances :p

I'm also jumping ship from ATT along with my wife, we only had one iPhone 3G but the contract for that is up today. However, my wife's contract isn't up until December, and our ETF would be $80. So Verizon offered to waive both our activation fees, and give us 50% off on accessories to cover it.

I'd recommend you talk to them about it! Verizon seems very willing to help you get to their network.

Good-bye iPhone!!

I have a couple of last minute questions...
- Does anyone know if most Best Buy will carry the car holder on launch day?
- I currently have a Garmin 3.5" screen GPS in my car. Given how could the built GPS unit in the phone is, and assuming that I can get a car holder on launch day...what is the likely hood that I would be able to completely ditch my Garmin and just use my X?

I pre-ordered from Best Buy during the first round, but since then I've reconsidered. I don't like the idea of not being able to take it back to the store after 30 days for warranty repair unless I buy a service plan. I'd rather not have to deal with the manufacturer for warranty issues. If I buy from Verizon, they will handle warranty issues for a year, so, I called my local Verizon store and found out that all the stores in my area will be opening early Thursday. I asked him how many they had in stock and the guy said they were told that they're guaranteed (his word) to have enough stock on Thursday. BUT he personally advised me to get there at 8:00 when the open. I have never "lined" up for a phone (or anything else like this for that matter), but you can bet I will be there by at least 7:30. Yes, I've been sucked into the hype too.

I have a couple of last minute questions...
- Does anyone know if most Best Buy will carry the car holder on launch day?
- I currently have a Garmin 3.5" screen GPS in my car. Given how could the built GPS unit in the phone is, and assuming that I can get a car holder on launch day...what is the likely hood that I would be able to completely ditch my Garmin and just use my X?

Hopefully they'll have the car dock and the desk dock, but they probably won't lol. Yes can use the X as a nav in place of the garmin. I have a built in GPS in my FX35 and since getting an android, I use it instead of my built in. It's so nice and easy to use. Can't wait for the car dock on the X!

I pre-ordered from Best Buy during the first round, but since then I've reconsidered. I don't like the idea of not being able to take it back to the store after 30 days for warranty repair unless I buy a service plan. I'd rather not have to deal with the manufacturer for warranty issues. If I buy from Verizon, they will handle warranty issues for a year, so, I called my local Verizon store and found out that all the stores in my area will be opening early Thursday. I asked him how many they had in stock and the guy said they were told that they're guaranteed (his word) to have enough stock on Thursday. BUT he personally advised me to get there at 8:00 when the open. I have never "lined" up for a phone (or anything else like this for that matter), but you can bet I will be there by at least 7:30. Yes, I've been sucked into the hype too.

If you buy it from Best Buy you can still take it to a Verizon store after the 30 days for warranty issues, without the service plan :)

I just got back from the VZW store and played with the DX. All I can say is WOW. It was amazing. I was really worried about the size, but it's great for someone with larger hands/fingers. It was so responsive and just easy to use! I can't wait until October for my upgrade!!

I just got back from the VZW store and played with the DX. All I can say is WOW. It was amazing. I was really worried about the size, but it's great for someone with larger hands/fingers. It was so responsive and just easy to use! I can't wait until October for my upgrade!!

Which store did you go to bigshot? I messed around with the one on Lynnhaven Parkway, near Princess Anne & Lynnhaven.

I got to hold a dummy DX at a local verizon store. It felt good.. not too big nor heavy.
The same store is expected to get 40 Xs and will open at 8am on Thursday.

went to two verizon stores today (one regular store and one "verizon experience" store)

the regular store was handing out fliers about the droid x release on the 15th and how the store was opening an hour early, so itd be absurd if they didnt have any

the dude at the verizon experience store wouldnt tell me how many they were getting but said itd be smart to wait in line before the store opens

i guess im going to the regular store because its closer and not in a mall so i can smoke cigarettes in line haha

This was tweeted by the P.R women for Michigan, Indiana, and Kentucky "Co.-owned #Verizon stores in MI, IN and KY will open at 8 a.m. on 7/15 for #Droid X launch http://cot.ag/9Uqrwx"

Back
Top Bottom