• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Optimus Elite root with an apk

Not trying to waste your time. Any chance Poot might work on an Optimus S ls670 ZVJ. the ver is 2.3.3, from what I gather Gingerbread. If it dont work will it trash my phone? First Android Ive owned.
Thanks in advance, G

And to anyone curious to see if Gingerbreak will work on the OE: If memory serves correctly, they posted on Android Police that Gingerbread included a patch in v2.3.6+ and onward that breaks Gingerbreak.

Gonna give this a shot in just a bit on the Optimus Elite. I'll let you all know how it goes just to confirm it works still.

Edit: Worked just fine, installed Ministro II, Poot, ran poot, pooted. Win.

i cannot root. i'm using dolphin browser. the two files will download but they'll disappear when i click them in the notification bar. please help. thanks in advance.

Have you checked to find them using a file browser? Look through the internal memory and your sdcard foe the 2 files

i cannot root. i'm using dolphin browser. the two files will download but they'll disappear when i click them in the notification bar. please help. thanks in advance.

And don't forget to have the "Install from Unknown Sources" checked in your settings.

What extension are they? It should be an .apk file. Both of them I believe. If not rename them to .apk extension. If you know what I mean..?

yes, they are apk and download just fine.

crx racer,

Can you install a file manager app like Astro or ES File Manager and try using that to install the .apk files?

For example, with ES File Manager, just navigate to where the file lives (most likely /sdcard/download or /sdcard/downloads) and short-press the .apk file.

From there, it should prompt you to install it.

I'm guessing that downloading and clicking from the download status/notification area won't invoke the package installer like it will from a file browser.

Good luck!

crx racer,

Can you install a file manager app like Astro or ES File Manager and try using that to install the .apk files?

For example, with ES File Manager, just navigate to where the file lives (most likely /sdcard/download or /sdcard/downloads) and short-press the .apk file.

From there, it should prompt you to install it.

thank you so much. es file explorer prompted it for installation.
I'm guessing that downloading and clicking from the download status/notification area won't invoke the package installer like it will from a file browser.

Good luck!

thank you. es file explorer prompted it.

Having data issues with wifi on my phone. If I return the phone, what should I do first to unroot and remove all personal data? I know on the V you were not supposed to do a factory reset.

Having data issues with wifi on my phone. If I return the phone, what should I do first to unroot and remove all personal data? I know on the V you were not supposed to do a factory reset.

I would suggest using tjsanders's "Unbricking your Sprint or Virgin Mobile USA phone using official tools and dll and bin files" guide. It restores everything to stock.

Lol... I don't understand why you'd go with T-Mobile and expect your data issue to get any better. T-Mobile is garbage for internet. They have great calling and decent txting. Funny how there data is the most expensive and they lie about their "unlimited" data. You get likr 300mb of 4g and then they lower you to 3g.

Back
Top Bottom