• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA Update Starting today?

I am in New York City, and I just got my OTA update about an hour ago (unforced). I haven't had time to do much testing, but EVERYTHING just seems smoother, no lag - it's fantastic! Purchased my Droid on 11/19...

Digging the update, im from ohio and just got it. I miss the unlock wheel though :(. A lot smoother. Also the facebook phone books pictures upload much much quicker!

Just got my update in CA. 11:15ish

wow, first thing ive noticed is a lot snappier when clicking to home screen.

Digging the update, im from ohio and just got it. I miss the unlock wheel though :(. A lot smoother. Also the facebook phone books pictures upload much much quicker!

But it is so sexy, especially the clock and date on the unlock screen. I am not a programmer so if anyone knows an easy way to make that clock go on my home screen holler.

I know the clock is nice!!! I don't know if this is new but you can set up a specific pattern using dots to unlock the phone? I hope its new or i sound dumb. No more sneaky girlfriends!!

I know the clock is nice!!! I don't know if this is new but you can set up a specific pattern using dots to unlock the phone? I hope its new or i sound dumb. No more sneaky girlfriends!!
It's not new but it's not sexy. That is why you missed it before. You go Shaggy.

2:30 am thursday morning went to charge phone before sleep and noticed update available. looks like they didnt stop at only 10k people

LOL, I'm glad all I'm looking forward to is better battery life and better pics. I would just go insane if I had to worry if the VZW was on the home screen that I see for .5 seconds before I get into the phone!! :eek:

Whew!
Does it say VZW on the unlock screen? It did before update, but all I see now is the clock it is just so...well I have said it enough. But I can't help it, It's so Sexy.

3:30 a.m. Cleveland, Ohio. 4 mins. from pushing install, to homescreen...I rebooted right away.

Much faster, better 3g reception (I was getting poor reception right before update, I am in same position in bedroom and getting great reception now)

Camera is faster... however, no improvement with dark environment, picture quality.

(my only complaint with DROID)

Will investigate more.

...Ok...I take that back, I took some pic. of me and my girl in the pitch black bedroom and they came out great...I can't even believe the difference.

I am completely satisfied with everything about the DROID

Still waiting in Southern California... Love the phone just wish I was up to date with the software. Like the idea to roll out in stages to see if any major problems come up. I'm a huge tech person especially when it comes to phones so I guess I'm just impatient haha

Just got my OTA update. Instantly rebooted and all appears well.

Launch phone in Atlanta.

I just noticed the powerstrip widget is darker and has green markers underneath toggled on processes.

I liked the other one better even though this one is nicer.

Verizon has no idea what they are doing, this is worse than Facebook.

I'm finished making fun of others, need coffee :D

I got the update notification early this morning. All seems to be running great. Is it just me or is the Google Search Bar docked a little lower than what it used to be?

I'm in NY on Long Island - got my update at 6am this morning. Took all of 5 minutes - had to reboot to get things to work correctly. Other than my picture frame widgets not loading correctly (I deleted and reinstalled them - now they are fine) and a problem logging into Hi Yahoo! so far all is well. Some of the changes I like, some of the changes I don't. I will get used to it all.

Love this phone - not to sound like an old fart, but I remember my first cell phone from 13 years ago and what I am carrying today is mind boggling in comparison.

Back
Top Bottom