• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OTA Update Starting today?

I got the update notification early this morning. All seems to be running great. Is it just me or is the Google Search Bar docked a little lower than what it used to be?

I don't know about that. I moved my search bar over to the right screen the first day that I had the phone. After the update it looks to me like it's right where I put it.

Just got it this morning. Woke up and the phone asked to do a reboot to install it. So far the only change I see is the phone lock GUI.

Everyones talking about battery life improving and how they're playing with their phone for 4 hours and still have 100 percent, I received the update this morning took it off the charger about 45 minutes ago I'm down to 90 what gives!?

Yep, got mine this morning in NC. Waiting to play around a bit but it does seem a bit faster with transitions and the search bar is moved down a bit. Did have to log in to FB again but no problems so far.

Those of you that are running 2.0.1 and have the multimedia cradle. Is it syncing your weather information when cradled? Mine didn't pick it up all night long, neither did my wifes....I never had this prior to the update...

I don't know about that. I moved my search bar over to the right screen the first day that I had the phone. After the update it looks to me like it's right where I put it.

Still wondering why people are keeping the search bar taking up space on the screen as a widget. You have one button access to it with the right most "hot button". Right next to home.

Got my OTA today. Very nice. Thigs appear to be a bit quicker/smoother. New app open animation is subtle but nice. New widgets are nice (music and power).

Also. It APPEARS that my left channel 3.5mm jack crackle is gone! This was the biggest issue for me, so this is great. I'm still waiting for others to confirm.

Still wondering why people are keeping the search bar taking up space on the screen as a widget. You have one button access to it with the right most "hot button". Right next to home.

It doesn't matter to me. Since I started using Apps Organizer, I have very few icons on my desktop. The search bar is the only thing on the right screen....and I have never used it.

Near Chicago, got my update this morning as I woke up. Soooooo much faster in all aspects. Typing lagged for me sometimes but now it seems perfect. Love the new lock screen too. Man, I love this phone so much.

Those of you that are running 2.0.1 and have the multimedia cradle. Is it syncing your weather information when cradled? Mine didn't pick it up all night long, neither did my wifes....I never had this prior to the update...
No update yet. But same problem as you re mm cradle. Like you, started last night and remains this a.m. NC.

No update yet. But same problem as you re mm cradle. Like you, started last night and remains this a.m. NC.

Same here with me.. no update yet... and last night was the FIRST time since owning the phone (11/6) that my weather did NOT work when connected to the MM dock.

I put the update on manually Tuesday, used my MM dock yesterday at work, and didn't have any problems w/weather showing up. Same at home last night - when I put it into the dock weather showed up on the screen.

I'm in SoCal in case that matters...

1. Download from here:
https://android.clients.google.com/updates/voles/signed-voles-ESD56-from-ESD20.84263456.zip

2. Rename file to update.zip and put on your microSD Card.

3. Find out what keys to push on reboot to get to bootloader (sorry, I use G1, and this is old news to me - and with the 1000 or so different threads on the subject - moderators, I feel your pain - I'm not going to search for your keys functions for you).

(found info here: HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - Motorola DROID software update ESD56 - Keep all discussion here!)

You droiders need to install some kind of log collections to snag the google download link, this is an old process we've been doing since the G1 was released. (I want a droid, but don't want to kill my contract with T-Mobile and want to wait until it's got a solid root base, not just through ADB).

I'm in Minneapolis, MN and just got my OTA last night around 12:15am.

So far things have been smooooth. If other updates are like this, I'll be looking forward to them! :cool:

For those people without weather info in the dock app, I didn't have weather info for a day or two before my update, and I still don't have it, so I don't think it's related.

Back
Top Bottom