• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Thought Thread

Blahahahahahaha!!
So we r watching sme tv show .. She's a ding dong.. Having a spat with her boyfriend... She says something looney he says" what? In the imaginary future you made up?" Hubby looks at me.. I knowingly look back.. All wtwhat ? Haha!

It's just so

Me!

I've now seen Disney's Frozen 31 times in 18 days. That's a personal record for movies. :thumbup:
1395803820029.jpg

I have seen bits and pieces. It looks magical.

Watching bates motel and wow. Its so creepy the relationship Norman has with his mother. Its like disturbingly close.

Although I enjoy that myself, I wouldn't show it to Chinese and Mongolian middle school students. I showed them Terminator a few months ago, in English with Chinese captions. Which is quite interesting because it's a subject in the Beijing produced "People's Education Press, New Senior English For China" school textbook, yet the Terminator movies are officially banned in China, because they contain time travel.

What's that you say? T-Mobile's offering the M8 with 0 down? Monthly payments? Suddenly, I forgive T-Mobile's 500MB 4G data cap.

aadaUO0.png

Although I enjoy that myself, I wouldn't show it to Chinese and Mongolian middle school students. I showed them Terminator a few months ago, in English with Chinese captions. Which is quite interesting because it's a subject in the Beijing produced "People's Education Press, New Senior English For China" school textbook, yet the Terminator movies are officially banned in China, because they contain time travel.

What do they have against time travel? They know it's fiction I hope lol.

What do they have against time travel? They know it's fiction I hope lol.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1376771/Great-Scott-China-bans-time-travel-cinema-TV.html

"Shows that feature time travel have been effectively banned by the Chinese government after it issued new rules for TV and film directors.
In the latest crackdown on dissent, authorities want its citizens to uphold the country's values and not promote anything that would re-write history."

So no Terminator, Doctor Who, Star Trek or Back To The Future, instead you can have non-stop period dramas about the Japanese occupation of China.

Not much choice, really.:p

Oh yes, there is...
You can run, or flounder.
You can be deaf, or try hearing every pitch sound.
You can be blind, or attempt seeing every shiny detail.
You can passively 'undergo' it, or actively try to enjoy it to the fullest.

Oh yay. Full signal here. In the top of the building. Wonder how I get 5 signal bars also in the basement. Weird notion, how does signal work in a concrete basement?
2y2a7aqy.jpg

Darn it, you guys talking about frozen have made me listen to let it go non stop all morning. Now I'm singing it. I really want to see the movie.

MikeT i'm sure you can spend your money on something better than Disney movies can't you .... go buy a new phone or something :D

Buy a Disney movie?......in China?

...I teach English. :D

I should be buying a new phone anyway in the next 3 months...in the United Kingdom or Hong Kong most likely.

Back
Top Bottom