• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

It's time for bed.. But they're brothers..2 years apart
They are totally killing each other
But laughing in the process
:) I'll let them brother it out
Worth wAy more than anything anyone can teach you
Although...I have to get up at 6
So does two out if three
I hate being the responsible one!!!! N

Ok I lol
I'm not
Obviously:D

I raised a boy (23), and a girl (22). Especially when they hit what they call the 'tween' years now, they were almost unbearable. That's when Game Boys and PlayStations would magically disappear... there was no such thing as 'time outs' in my home; I waited to become a father, but, sometimes during their teen years - I'd wish that I became a father a decade earlier... hang in there, huh - your good soul will translate well when they become adults... get some rest, everyone - LW

Sent from my @#*

What annoys me the most is I'm suppose to shave everytime I come into work. I hate that. They don't pay me enough.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

You're supposed to shave other people??? Are all your customers really hairy? :p

Haha they must be really strict about who gets to buy a Big Mac these days! :p

I quit a job at Burger King for that same reason. The manager was about to send me home for my facial hair. So I left and never came back.

^^^^^
It's not just FDA, same in many countries. Sure the laws about facial hair in the food industry are basically that you must either be clean shaven, or you can have a beard but it must be covered. No visible unshaven stubble, it's either one or the other.

Something like this...
img.aspx

I've seen people with beards and moustaches working in McDonald's, KFC, etc. and they're covered with a net. It's really because people don't like having lice in their BigMacs, etc....even in China.

If one likes "designer" stubble, maybe should become a fashion model instead.

Man it's been a day and a half already, and I've only been on the clock for just over 2 hours. I was 30 minutes late because my ride was a no-show. And my computer kept freezing up and it even blue screened one time at the job. What a fun day today! :rolleyes::mad::banghead:

Man it's been a day and a half already, and I've only been on the clock for just over 2 hours. I was 30 minutes late because my ride was a no-show. And my computer kept freezing up and it even blue screened one time at the job. What a fun day today! :rolleyes::mad::banghead:

I'm still recovering from my pumphouse rescue. I may end up having to go to the ER, with my image CD-ROMS to keep the bill to a minimum... but, I really hurt myself this time. You can have all of the upper body strength in the world, but when you've been through four back surgeries - your body is ruined. Wish me luck... LW

Sent from my @#*

Ours squeak. We had a drier that must have been 20 years old when I bought it used and it lasted another 20 years. We could do bearings, it was the belt.

This Haier(made in China) is only three years old, and is starting to self destruct. But if it's only bearings, the local repairer is usually cheap enough.

I've got a Haier 7 inch TV that's still going (5 yrs.) I bought it since we use converter boxes and old CRT TVs. I record one football game, and watch another. Since there's nothing on TV at night, we watch whatever sports we recorded.

I quit a job at Burger King for that same reason. The manager was about to send me home for my facial hair. So I left and never came back.

Back in the late '70s, I worked at a posh 500+ cover restaurant, and because I wore a goatee even then, I had to wear this linen facial contraption called a 'snood'. Massachusetts had some stringent laws in the food service law books, but I'd go to a pizza place called Papa Gino's, and there would be plenty of facial hair & ponytails, and nothing was ever really done about it. However, that snooty restaurant that I worked at followed the letter of the law... LW

Sent from my @#*

Back in the late '70s, I worked at a posh 500+ cover restaurant, and because I wore a goatee even then, I had to wear this linen facial contraption called a 'snood'. Massachusetts had some stringent laws in the food service law books, but I'd go to a pizza place called Papa Gino's, and there would be plenty of facial hair & ponytails, and nothing was ever really done about it. However, that snooty restaurant that I worked at followed the letter of the law... LW

Sent from my @#*

I'm still recovering from my pumphouse rescue. I may end up having to go to the ER, with my image CD-ROMS to keep the bill to a minimum... but, I really hurt myself this time. You can have all of the upper body strength in the world, but when you've been through four back surgeries - your body is ruined. Wish me luck... LW

Sent from my @#*

Good luck man.

I might have missed it in an earlier post, but what happened?

Had to remove a 300 + lb. roof off of a pumphouse, because the water heater was leaking through the floor and into the carpet; I have two spinal cages in my lumbar area, and a rod on one side of my spine. Definitely suffering just from having to kill the power in the pumphouse... never again, that's for sure!

Sent from my @#*

Had to remove a 300 + lb. roof off of a pumphouse, because the water heater was leaking through the floor and into the carpet; I have two spinal cages in my lumbar area, and a rod on one side of my spine. Definitely suffering just from having to kill the power in the pumphouse... never again, that's for sure!

Sent from my @#*

Damn. That really sucks. I really hope we see some outstanding improvements to the field of back surgery/repair.

My younger brother suffers from the same lumbar damage. He skipped the surgery, which is what I should've done. We both had scarlet fever as youngsters, which can create spinal problems as an added bonus. He suffers, but, he's able to work as a stage engineer in LA; I haven't been able to work a regular job since 2008, and am still fighting to get my Social Security and Disability benefits... I haven't given up yet, however. Thank you for your kind words. LW

Sent from my @#*

The word is psych and it's been around since the 60s.

It is not sike, it does not have an unknown origin and it's not terribly new.

THANK YOU! So many people don't realize this.

Also, I'm so frustrated that in a day and age where we have an unprecedented amount of access to information, people are still ignorant enough to fall for internet hoaxes. No, Facebook will not donate $1 per like. In fact, the kid in the picture probably died 4 years ago. No, celebrity x did not die in a drug overdose this week, etc.

Back
Top Bottom