• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

"I said, sharp creases, light starch! The last time you did it, the starch was so heavy that I had to get 5 stitches on the left and right sides of my neck... bled like a stuck pig! I'm adding two years to your sentence. Get back to the laundry, and why don't we try solitary for thirty days... you should've thought about that before joining the college track team, doing 4.5 seconds on the fifty yard while carrying a hot 62 inch curved 1080p screen!" (the irate Warden was portrayed by EarlyMon, who won an Oscar for the role) :rofl:

Now what we have here is failure to communicate.

Bonus points for everyone who knows the movie without Googling.

I saw an afterschool special...anybody remember those??:D it was about some kid who tried acid once....and it pretty much fried his brain...he was institutionalized for the rest of his life...it was a documentary...and they showed him thinking he was superman one minute rocking back and forth drooling the next...looking back...perhaps he had schizophrenic tendencies and it triggered it or something...but anywho...scared the crud out of me!!! never tried it...because of that afternoon special!!!

now other stupid things...:rolleyes::D

brainondrugs.jpg

Moons over myhammy:D:D

wait ...what?:rolleyes:

carry on

ok now I want Denny's....NO!....Waffle House Hash browns....

I saw an afterschool special...anybody remember those??:D it was about some kid who tried acid once....and it pretty much fried his brain...he was institutionalized for the rest of his life...it was a documentary...and they showed him thinking he was superman one minute rocking back and forth drooling the next...looking back...perhaps he had schizophrenic tendencies and it triggered it or something...but anywho...scared the crud out of me!!! never tried it...because of that afternoon special!!!

now other stupid things...:rolleyes::D

Good for you. The acid that came out in the '80s (blotter acid) was cut with strychnine... then, not long after, the "designer drugs" arrived... ecstasy, et al... but, the worst ones were crack cocaine, and what was known back then as "Crystal" (meth)... I had a bad experience with regular cocaine, and my parents sent me to a psychiatric hospital for 'rehab' - I haven't touched the stuff since. I've been alcohol and drug-free for many years. My only 'vice' that I indulge in now is 'vaping' - I started doing that when I quit smoking cigarettes three years ago. Other than that, I'm clean. Between my psychiatrist and therapist, I do all right. Starting with marijuana was what got my 'train' started, and I started with that too young. So, that's my story... I hope that I didn't ruffle any feathers, and, hopefully - maybe I've helped someone. I've been bipolar/depressive since childhood, and the drugs and alcohol hid my 'real' issues. Stay off of my old road - you'll be much more successful in your life if you do - LW

Sent from my @#*

Moons over myhammy:D:D

wait ...what?:rolleyes:

carry on

ok now I want Denny's....NO!....Waffle House Hash browns....

You actually like the food at the "Awful Waffle"? They're ubiquitous throughout the South... steaks that are so thin, you can see light shine through them. Biscuits and gravy - and the sausage gravy is canned, and heated in a microwave. Oh no, huh... not you, hon. I'm from Mass, and my wife-to-be is from Colorado... the only place to get a non-greasy, civilized breakfast is at IHOP... though, I have tried the Huddle House - they're not bad (good, fresh salads, and not too greasy). If I were back home, it'd be IHOP or HoJo's (Howard Johnson's). Bert's Chili... yuck... I'd go to the Village Inn before I'd go to a restaurant where the eggs are kept so close to the grill, you'd think you were eating at "Sam & Ella's"...

Only teasing, huh. Get 'em capped, smothered, whatever... it is American fare, to say the least... LW :)

Sent from my @#*

Have you ever had breakfast at Crackerbarrel, LW? I find their food to be good. Or Black Bear Diner, but I think that's a regional chain out here in the SW. Friggin delicious.

Breakfast is the any meal.

Perkins is gone too, isn't it?

We have an Omelette Parlor. They have good green chili. On the road, buy a good breakfast burrito with green chili, and use the MW in the motel in the AM for breakfast.

Breakfast for me is anywhere between 2:30A and 5:30A. Long before a lot of restaurants even open. Father was a farmer of sorts and kid skated. Both had to be up early. I would also have to open the rink at times.

Perkins is gone too, isn't it?

We have an Omelette Parlor. They have good green chili. On the road, buy a good breakfast burrito with green chili, and use the MW in the motel in the AM for breakfast.

Breakfast for me is anywhere between 2:30A and 5:30A. Long before a lot of restaurants even open. Father was a farmer of sorts and kid skated. Both had to be up early. I would also have to open the rink at times.

zuben, my better half (originally from CO) swears by Santiago's breakfast burritos... have you ever been to that restaurant, or, Chubby's? She said that they can't be beat... I've never been to these, but the Omelette Parlor sounds great. LW

Sent from my @#*

zuben, my better half (originally from CO) swears by Santiago's breakfast burritos... have you ever been to that restaurant, or, Chubby's? She said that they can't be beat... I've never been to these, but the Omelette Parlor sounds great. LW

Sent from my @#*

*sigh* HR still screwed up my timesheet, even though the corrections were submitted in time. Now I won't be getting the rest of my pay until Monday. ****ing idiots.

*sigh* HR still screwed up my timesheet, even though the corrections were submitted in time. Now I won't be getting the rest of my pay until Monday. ****ing idiots.

Happy Halloween, Ghostly One... just remember that even with the greatest computer systems and software - there will be the HR idiot human making the entries... sorry it turned out that way for you. LW

Sent from my @#*

Don't watch Snotrocket pitch then. He won the WS for the Giants and set some records on the way. I swear he has sinus trouble.

To non baseball people - Madison Bumgarner. He got the Colorado Rockies after hitting a grand slam.

Back
Top Bottom