• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

Am I crazy?

If you have to ask, you probably are.
Gagged.png

Upvote 0
Piece of crap minivan...

Okay, it is eleven years old...

The engine is just fine, it's just the "luxury" parts misbehaving: the mirrors move around at random, the power doors won't open or close, one of the removable seats won't come out...
Have it checked. I'm driving around in a 22yr old Sentra. Lol.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Those Sentras were something else.. An '88, The only 4cylinder vehicle to stay with my baby LTD police car off the line back in the day it lost when I hit 3dr gear. Now I'm running a 20 yr old Civic! Runs damn good.
My rant? Can't find where my coolant is disappearing.. [emoji38]

A portion of it is most likely getting funneled into an offshore account.

Upvote 0
Those Sentras were something else.. An '88, The only 4cylinder vehicle to stay with my baby LTD police car off the line back in the day it lost when I hit 3dr gear. Now I'm running a 20 yr old Civic! Runs damn good.
My rant? Can't find where my coolant is disappearing.. [emoji38]
Lol yeah. Pretty good on the lower gears. Mine is '94.

Aren't you using a colored coolant? Shouldn't the drip be visible?

Upvote 0
I wouldn't buy anything with luxury parts. I hate that damn Lexus that the Vulcan bought.

20 year old Toyota Tacoma.
The only 'luxury part' I want are power windows. To me those are more necessity. Lol.

"Should be" is the key operating term.. Yes, I use colored coolant. Been pressure tested and all kinds of stuff, very confusing, actually. [emoji23]
Haha. That's annoying. Lol. And a waste of money, for the coolant to just disappear.

Upvote 0
RANT:

My wife is in a rehabilitation center for the next few weeks until her foot can heal enough to support her weight.

The WiFi here is just barely usable..... Facebook won't run, because of all the extra crap and pictures it tries to download.

I can surf Text only sites like this forum just fine.....
but videos, YouTube, the Weather Channel???

all of them give an error saying they can't load.

argh!!!

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
No, I should try that.

Disconnect BOTH battery terminals and touch them together (obviously not while connected to the battery)... Can also do that after letting it sit disconnected for a while, for a good measure.

The PCU, most times entails a capacitor that will retain memory in case battery voltage is interrupted. Touching the two together will discharge the capacitor and wipe out any stored codes.

Chances are, if you have an airbag light on, it ain't gonna go away. If it does disappear and comes back, like a day or so, you probably have a bad clockspring, that's usually biggest culprit for SRS fault.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones