• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

If I only got 7 hours of sleep or worse, the 4-6 hours that Samsung Health thinks I should have, I'd be suffering from narcolepsy in a week. I do best with minimum 9.5 to 10 hours a night. I work hard during the day, spending a good 8-9 hours on my feet, doing tons of mechanical work along with walking the equivelant of 5 miles at work between buildings so I get plenty of exercise myself. But Samsung Healh is drunk as a skunk to believe that a human can function healthily on a mere 4-6 hours of sleep

I have been falling to sleep around like from ten p.m. until like five in the morning though, my knees are feeling odd like, they are in good condition and tend to fold somewhat but I can bend them easy, maybe lost some body fat that way too. Sort of hard breaking them in.

Now here is what has been bugging me about my sound assisst litle connection,Widex Sound Assist - remote control for hearing aids | Widex

Every time my moto wants to synch up with both of my hearing aids, it either drops the button or one of the blue teeth's devices,
I did developer options and move it to five blue teeth devices on every one, I resetted my phone, synch and it loses the synch wth the sound assiss, nearly every time. I had my hearing aid doc take a look into it, and it was streaming okay into his office but kept hearing his receptionist.
I am getting soooooooooooo batty over it.

In the middle of work today, my new string trimmer quit. I bought the new trimmer because I had to put my year old trimmer in the shop. I could start the trimmer today but it failed to run leading me to think it was fuel related. Cleaning fuel filter and draining the gas tank bought me nothing. As a desperation measure I purchased a new sparkplug. That was the fix. In over thirty years of using string trimmers I've never had a sparkplug that half worked. It was always all or nothing. At least I got it running before buying another not wanted trimmer. With 15 more lawns to mow this week, I can't be without.
My rant is... how can a sparkplug sporadically function after only four weeks of use?

A young man with a two year old ran a stop sign three houses to the North of me this afternoon and ran into my truck as I was coming home from mowing. He hit me on the passenger side front bumper.
His insurance provider is Geico. I took the truck in for an estimate at the Geico approved repair center and was contacted today with the $2,100 estimate. Seems expensive but it's not out of my pocket. What strikes me odd about this entire process is I was supposed to leave my truck at said repair shop and be furnished a rental vehicle. That's all well and fine but I'm not at all interested in a rental until they have parts in hand and are ready to do the repair. Beside carrying all sorts of mowing equipment repair tools and mulching kits and trimmer string, my job is dirty and I have no idea how to be clean mowing seven or eight lawns a day while using their vehicle. I hope they will work with me and contact me when they are ready to do the work and then and only then I will drop off my truck and use the provided rental vehicle.

Rant: Why would anyone want a rental any longer than absolutely necessary? That seems crazy if the vehicle to be repaired is still drivable and street legal. Besides being crazy, it's a big waste of money in my opinion. I realize the cost of the rental I was supposed to drive home is not on me. However, I'm sure my auto insurance premium is based upon the same nonsense so I'm paying for that feature if I like it or not.

It's been a while since I was involved in an accident. Last time a guy ran through a stop sign and hit my wife driving her Mercury Topaz. I took the car to the State Farm claims office and got an estimate. Then I took the car to the Ford/Mercury dealer for repair. They didn't tell me where to take it for repair.

Geico is an entirely different cup of tea. They don't have field offices or agents. You file your claim online and then they tell you where to take it for an estimate. The estimator came out with his cell phone and walked around my truck taking pictures every couple of feet. He then concentrated on the actual destroyed bumper with multiple pics. He then tells me that Geico does the estimate after he sends them the series of photos. That was yesterday afternoon. Tonight I get an email from Geico with the estimate and an appointment calendar with time slots to check when I was dropping off my truck for repair. I have no doubt that the process works and I trust my carpenter skills in removing and installing a new bumper... surely any repair shop can handle it. If it was body damage, I would not be happy. I have a preferred body shop but it isn't listed as an approved Geico repair shop.

Car insurance is a scam unless you need it.

I have been payin it for over 25 years with no claims in that time, what could I have bought with that money that is gone and will never be back ????????????????

I started driving in 1967... just agreeing. My father claimed that the insurance industry was a legal protection racket. I carry auto insurance because it's required by law. I carry home insurance because it's a major investment and for many years I was required to have my property insured for I had a loan.
I do not have health insurance beyond medicare and aid. My family was always covered but not me.
I hate insurance.

I called the picture adjuster dude today. He said he didn't get the Geico quote because I hadn't clicked a date and time I was bringing in my truck for repair. He said he would request the estimate from Geico and order my bumper. He went on to say that he would call me when the bumper was in and when they had the window to do my replacement. At least he was sympathetic of my lack of desire for a rental. I'm relieved but what a hosed system Geico has for repairs.

Good grief, I remember Crazy Frog ringtones. I had relegated that nightmare trend to 2006-2007 where I had hoped it would stay. I feel for ya MikeDT. If I had to hear 'hell yeah you gettin' a text message!!' in that grating voice one more time...

Ringa, ding, ding, ding..
Don't even get me started on the ringback tones AT&T used to use, that people always picked the worst. for the uninitiated, in the late Cingular to around possibly 2013, ATT used to have a 'feature' known as 'ringback tones' that instead of the normal 'ringing' sound while you waited for the call to connect, you would hear a horrible quality MP3 music file, until the other person answered. Crazy Frog being all the rage for far longer than his ugly mug should have, was quite possibly the number one reason they axed the feature. I think the second most popular ringback tone was Spice Girls--Wannabe.

My right thumb after doing so many bio scanners log in from my moto cell phone, suddenly have a second degree burn. Yeah.. Lesson learn. Do not over use your bio scanner and put the cell in your right hand when you are a lefty lol.

Back
Top Bottom