• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.1.2]AWE Inspired Moonshine White/Ginger V2.9a Final[Works with stock device]

http://androidforums.com/awe-all-things-root/850926-fix-soft-brick-one-click-fix.html

this will fastboot TWRP to flash a new rom or recovery, if u dont have one on ur sd card u can mount sdcard on usb 2.0 and lower ports, if u cant figure this out ur out of luck as i cant make it any easier, next time make a proper backup and restore though the recovery that made the backup

This does it automatically through a computer right, I don't need to know adb or anything? Or do I put this on my SD card and then install via cwm. I am sorry, still a newb, need to read up on everything.

This does it automatically through a computer right, I don't need to know adb or anything? Or do I put this on my SD card and then install via cwm. I am sorry, still a newb, need to read up on everything.

That's a great idea...I hope you get your device back online soon. That being said Developers and themers don't post "make a backup" in their threads for the sake of typing it, to sound ominous or just as a release from liability. ALWAYS BACKUP. Always remember the recovery in which your backups were made. And as a rule I personally think having root access, using "one click" methods, not understanding what it means to be rooted and not having a PC is Russian Roulette. Anyway good luck and this is NOT aimed at you directly so please don't take offense.

I suggest u read up on adb and root access in general, I made the one click solution as a courtesy, but maybe it was a mistake and will cause more confusion than help, yes it requires a PC!!! If u can access cwm u should b able to flash my ROM or an alternate recovery. I was under the assumption u couldn't access recovery

I suggest u read up on adb and root access in general, I made the one click solution as a courtesy, but maybe it was a mistake and will cause more confusion than help, yes it requires a PC!!! If u can access cwm u should b able to flash my ROM or an alternate recovery. I was under the assumption u couldn't access recovery

Thanks, this should work. I can access cwm, but when I try to install your ROM it says installation aborted every time, and it gets stuck on boot if I don't open recovery, do you still think this will work? Thanks again.

That's a great idea...I hope you get your device back online soon. That being said Developers and themers don't post "make a backup" in their threads for the sake of typing it, to sound ominous or just as a release from liability. ALWAYS BACKUP. Always remember the recovery in which your backups were made. And as a rule I personally think having root access, using "one click" methods, not understanding what it means to be rooted and not having a PC is Russian Roulette. Anyway good luck and this is NOT aimed at you directly so please don't take offense.

I don't take offense, I really need to know more about root.

Thanks, this should work. I can access cwm, but when I try to install your ROM it says installation aborted every time, and it gets stuck on boot if I don't open recovery, do you still think this will work? Thanks again.

What's the exact error u get, and do u get any can't read log errors???? I'm here to help but I need more info, cwm should flash fine as that's the recovery I tested the package with

What's the exact error u get, and do u get any can't read log errors???? I'm here to help but I need more info, cwm should flash fine as that's the recovery I tested the package with

I did not get an error number, but it had a problem with cache. Now my phone is working, thank you a ton.

This is a note to all if u get the cant read log/cache error in recovery pull battery and retry!!!!!

I now installed the twrp recovery that was recently released and made a backup.:) but now I am trying to install this ROM and I am getting an install failed message, any idea why?

I now installed the twrp recovery that was recently released and made a backup.:) but now I am trying to install this ROM and I am getting an install failed message, any idea why?

This is my last attempt to help u, again u supplied too little information?? What is the exact error u are getting?? If ur not getting an exact error go back to cwm and retry if u get an error in cwm it will tell u an exact reason.

Overall this rom (v2.7) is a bit nice to drift away from the stock, cheap vibe that Virgin Mobile and ZTE threw together. I am a big fan the volume switch having a setting to set all different volumes whenever and wherever. Also, the theme of Kitkat designed throughout this rom is, surprisingly, nice. Every once in a while, I will see the occasional glitch. For example, whenever I boot up the phone the status bar becomes invisible until I receive a notification (or just screenshot), which is a small little thing, but it's not overbearing at all. It seems that my phone is running exceptional. Everything is correctly functioning: SMS, MMS, data, WIFI hotspot, etc. I am very happy with this build, and hope to keep on using this rom as updates progress. Developers, thank you for your time and effort for this rom. You are appreciated.

Overall this rom (v2.7) is a bit nice to drift away from the stock, cheap vibe that Virgin Mobile and ZTE threw together. I am a big fan the volume switch having a setting to set all different volumes whenever and wherever. Also, the theme of Kitkat designed throughout this rom is, surprisingly, nice. Every once in a while, I will see the occasional glitch. For example, whenever I boot up the phone the status bar becomes invisible until I receive a notification (or just screenshot), which is a small little thing, but it's not overbearing at all. It seems that my phone is running exceptional. Everything is correctly functioning: SMS, MMS, data, WIFI hotspot, etc. I am very happy with this build, and hope to keep on using this rom as updates progress. Developers, thank you for your time and effort for this rom. You are appreciated.

Thanks a lot. On behalf of Earl and myself I'd like to say thanks for the feedback. There has been a great deal of thought put into the ROM from every mod to all the images and ascetics. Piece by piece its coming together. At this point its mostly polishing and deciding on what would be functionally useful and what would actually just be cool to have lol. Thanks again for downloading and I'm glad you're enjoying the ROM.

This is my last attempt to help u, again u supplied too little information?? What is the exact error u are getting?? If ur not getting an exact error go back to cwm and retry if u get an error in cwm it will tell u an exact reason.

How do I find the error in twrp or cwm?

I'm very interested in the development of this device. I scored it for $20, and so have many. The roms I have seen produced are great, and, hopefully, this is just the beginning! With the progress I have seen, I can see a stable Kitkat rom in the future.

I'm very interested in the development of this device. I scored it for $20, and so have many. The roms I have seen produced are great, and, hopefully, this is just the beginning! With the progress I have seen, I can see a stable Kitkat rom in the future.

I can almost guarantee a stable KitKat in the very near future. :D

It says

" set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/AWE_Inspired_Moonshine
Updating partition details... "

It says

" set_perm: some changes failed
E:Error executing updater binary in zip '/sdcard
Error flashing zip '/sdcard/AWE_Inspired_Moonshine
Updating partition details... "

I double checked my script and all seems good, is anyone else getting this error besides googleman???

I wanna take the time to thank the developer Brittnearl for this rom and his hard work . I have no issues whatsoever with this rom . Performance has increased over the 2.6 version . I used to get a random reboot once a day with 2.6 but not with 2.7 . I was getting a high 13k + on antutu and now I"m getting a little over 14k . I'm on the new recovery posted by Phenomx4 ( twrp 2.7 ) with no errors flashing or wiping . Everything went through like it was made for this phone at the factory . Once again thanks mate .

I wanna take the time to thank the developer Brittnearl for this rom and his hard work . I have no issues whatsoever with this rom . Performance has increased over the 2.6 version . I used to get a random reboot once a day with 2.6 but not with 2.7 . I was getting a high 13k + on antutu and now I"m getting a little over 14k . I'm on the new recovery posted by Phenomx4 ( twrp 2.7 ) with no errors flashing or wiping . Everything went through like it was made for this phone at the factory . Once again thanks mate .

No problem thanks for using it :) its not all my credit starkraving had a big part in making this a reality

Back
Top Bottom