• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.1.2]AWE Inspired Moonshine White/Ginger V2.9a Final[Works with stock device]

i think it fail to sync with network time?
saw some error messages with qc time services in catlog which i dont remember seeing in 2.6 rom
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37311337/2014-06-17-21-59-25.txt

also im having minor wifi issues. connection is fine, but an app thats currently in use would stop receiving data from it after a while and i have to restart the app.
WiFi issue may be the awestruck kernel? I check my log and also have QC time error, replaced daemon will let u know

another 2.8 issue.
this morning i had the alarm on the phone wake me as usual, only to find out the clock was running 7 minutes late. i saw earlier comments about the clock being off prior to 2.8 release, was this problem introduced in 2.7? i had no clock issue with 2.6, i skipped 2.7.
let me know if this changes anything time fix. Flash in recovery

i just flashed it and no longer see errors in the log, will update with results tomorrow to see if time keeps accurate.

Is this time fix for 2.7 as well ? I flashed 2.8 and I started getting the errors and also noticed the time issue , but when I flashed back to 2.7 the time issue persists and I have to set the time manually unlike before when I first flashed 2.7 and the time was fine on automatic . Thanks again .

Is this time fix for 2.7 as well ? I flashed 2.8 and I started getting the errors and also noticed the time issue , but when I flashed back to 2.7 the time issue persists and I have to set the time manually unlike before when I first flashed 2.7 and the time was fine on automatic . Thanks again .
should work for 2.7 also. I'm not sure if it works as I never had the issue, I would appreciate ur input:)
also errors with 2.8 manage apps has been fixed with supplied patch;)

both the time fix and the apps manager fc fix resolved all their issues!
thanks brittnearl!

since you're on a roll how about trying to fix the audio issue lol.

as for my wifi issue, it probably is something related to the awestruck kernel, since i dont recall having the problem on stock kernel. probably try flashing stock kernel later on to test.

both the time fix and the apps manager fc fix resolved all their issues!
thanks brittnearl!

since you're on a roll how about trying to fix the audio issue lol.

as for my wifi issue, it probably is something related to the awestruck kernel, since i dont recall having the problem on stock kernel. probably try flashing stock kernel later on to test.
what audio issue are you referring to?

should work for 2.7 also. I'm not sure if it works as I never had the issue, I would appreciate ur input:)
also errors with 2.8 manage apps has been fixed with supplied patch;)
I went ahead and installed 2.8 again with the time patch and app manager patch and the notification bar is completely black with no icons . The patches seem to fix both issues but I have no icons on top . Pull down menu is fine . Any idea as to what's going on here ?

I went ahead and installed 2.8 again with the time patch and app manager patch and the notification bar is completely black with no icons . The patches seem to fix both issues but I have no icons on top . Pull down menu is fine . Any idea as to what's going on here ?
take a screen shot :) this a known issue on boot due to center clock, I am looking into making clock toggle with ticker

Well after some testing I can say that the time patch works fine on 2.7 . However I didn't leave it at that . I reflashed 2.8 , rebooted and flashed the time and apps patches and all is well . The notification bar also fixed itself . Every time I reboot , the notification bar notifies that it's reading the sd card and that brings back the notification bar to normal . I can say this rom is great . Lots of new features . Great job .

Well after some testing I can say that the time patch works fine on 2.7 . However I didn't leave it at that . I reflashed 2.8 , rebooted and flashed the time and apps patches and all is well . The notification bar also fixed itself . Every time I reboot , the notification bar notifies that it's reading the sd card and that brings back the notification bar to normal . I can say this rom is great . Lots of new features . Great job .
thanks for using it :) if u have any more bugs let me know

not really a bug, but a cosmetic issue which i think also existed in previous rom versions.
on the clock app if you go to input an alarm time, the numbers you enter is black.
should be white since the background is black.

possible bugs?
1) i had srs off but turned it self on today somehow.
2) gapps crashed once during a game i was playing today. (could be just an issue with google play or the game)
3) i see this message show up often in catlog "Error deleting /data/data/com.google.android.gms/files/flog"

Good morning . I found later during usage of this 2.8 rom that wifi just stops working . You can be surfing or anything else that is using WiFi and it just stops working and you get the dreaded page not found or network error . Allso for some reason the browser keeps asking over and over again to check the certificate . Also the notification bar is back to being blank again . I re flashed 2.7 back on the phone and the problem is still there plus now the WiFi issues went over to 2.7 . Battery life seems to have gone downhill also . There is one more thing which I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but the ROM is not writing anything to the internal storage and it's writing everything on the external SD card . I'll report any other bugs as I find them .

Good morning . I found later during usage of this 2.8 rom that wifi just stops working . You can be surfing or anything else that is using WiFi and it just stops working and you get the dreaded page not found or network error . Allso for some reason the browser keeps asking over and over again to check the certificate . Also the notification bar is back to being blank again . I re flashed 2.7 back on the phone and the problem is still there plus now the WiFi issues went over to 2.7 . Battery life seems to have gone downhill also . There is one more thing which I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but the ROM is not writing anything to the internal storage and it's writing everything on the external SD card . I'll report any other bugs as I find them .
As far as the WiFi issue goes I have not been able to duplicate it at home or at public hot spots so if you could please provide a log that'd be great. The certificate and credentials toast is a security feature of the AOSP browser. The status bar being blank is a known issue due to the notification ticker and the gradient status bar mod, the interim fix I just click a quick screenshot after boot (Earl is working on a solution.)
The only ROM we have that writes to internal storage by default is CM. In Settings/Storage you can tap the top where it says "save location" and select phone or SD as your default. Thanks for the feedback.

*Edit*
Regarding battery drain, which kenel are you using? Are you over clocking CPU/GPU? Under settings/battery look and see what is consuming the most power.

The newest update:2.8, will not work for my phone at all. Constant reboots and no status bar after I've applied all patches. Going back to stock rooted for awhile. Just not working for me. I have 3 AWE's and 2 have had the same problem. I'm going to get a logcat asap

Help, please! I'm having a weird thing happen. I was using version 2.7, everything was great, then before upgrading to 2.8 I decided to try the cm 11 that just came out a few days ago. It works pretty well, but still some bugs that I didn't want to deal with. I tried flashing version 2.8, and now it fails every time. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong? I'm using TWRP, doing the main wipe ("factory reset"), wiping cache/dalvik, and then flashing rom. I have to keep going back to cm 11 just so I can use my phone, but I want my stability back! Please advise. TIA!

Back
Top Bottom