• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.1.2]AWE Inspired Moonshine White/Ginger V2.9a Final[Works with stock device]

Help, please! I'm having a weird thing happen. I was using version 2.7, everything was great, then before upgrading to 2.8 I decided to try the cm 11 that just came out a few days ago. It works pretty well, but still some bugs that I didn't want to deal with. I tried flashing version 2.8, and now it fails every time. Any clues as to what I'm doing wrong? I'm using TWRP, doing the main wipe ("factory reset"), wiping cache/dalvik, and then flashing rom. I have to keep going back to cm 11 just so I can use my phone, but I want my stability back! Please advise. TIA!
manually format system, and data :)

The newest update:2.8, will not work for my phone at all. Constant reboots and no status bar after I've applied all patches. Going back to stock rooted for awhile. Just not working for me. I have 3 AWE's and 2 have had the same problem. I'm going to get a logcat asap
sound like u need to format system and data manually and reflash, if that doesn't work, flash stock kernel after flashing rom

So far the kernel worked for me with the WiFi and solved the graphics flickering I had within the stock browser bookmarks . Thanks again , great job . Watching battery life now because I noticed a reduction in battery life with the included 2.8 kernel .

So far the kernel worked for me with the WiFi and solved the graphics flickering I had within the stock browser bookmarks . Thanks again , great job . Watching battery life now because I noticed a reduction in battery life with the included 2.8 kernel .
thanks :) its good to have someone appreciate what we do and help diagnose issues instead of bash bcuz something doesn't work 100% I have fixed blank status and reverted ticker background to gradient:) will b in next release along with stock kernel

i flashed stock kernel, but didnt spend too much time testing it before i flashed awestruck back.
for some reason the stock kernel made the touch screen response terrible on one of the games i play a lot. rather have the game run smoothly than fix minor wifi issue that doesnt really bother me much lol.

i flashed stock kernel, but didnt spend too much time testing it before i flashed awestruck back.
for some reason the stock kernel made the touch screen response terrible on one of the games i play a lot. rather have the game run smoothly than fix minor wifi issue that doesnt really bother me much lol.
everyone their own :) I strive for stability over performance, will link awestruck in op for those who want it along with stock kernel if u want to switch bk

For what it's worth I'm completing some issues with frequencies in AWEstruck for my 1.03 release, so I'll try updating the Wi-Fi drivers again to try to stabilize the connection in 1.04

For what it's worth I'm completing some issues with frequencies in AWEstruck for my 1.03 release, so I'll try updating the Wi-Fi drivers again to try to stabilize the connection in 1.04
awesome :) I'm not in any way degrading ur kernel I think its great we have a oc that works for most devices

thanks :) its good to have someone appreciate what we do and help diagnose issues instead of bash bcuz something doesn't work 100% I have fixed blank status and reverted ticker background to gradient:) will b in next release along with stock kernel
I really appreciate everything you do plus I'm not a quitter . I know a good thing when I see it . Looking forward to your next release . Once I get over this big problem I have that has put me in a position I don't wish on anyone I'll buy you a couple brother .

Running version 2.7 since I downloaded it right before the newest release, and I have to say the amount of work thats been put into this, is simply astounding! You can see it in every detail. Last one I checked was version 2.2 or 2.1, I think, and this has come so far its pretty unbelievable. I'm curious about flashing the stock kernal though, mostly I would like to squeeze any extra battery life I can out the rom, are there any advantages/disadvantages to running the Awe struck kernal vs stock in this regard? Would I lose any functionality? Or are there any core settings/tweaks you can suggest to improve it a bit with the Awe struck kernal intact? Oh, thank you for the screenshot suggestion for the status bar not showing up, works like a charm. :D

had another "gapps has stopped working". not sure whats causing it. first time was while playing a game thats connected to google play, second time i finished using maps then it happened when opening another app from the app drawer.

Changes are coming... That will make people "green" with EnVy...
9eme9u3a.jpg

Im so looking forward to the green version. I've done everything I can to make my phone green but it's probably nowhere near the amount of theming you've put into this version

Back
Top Bottom