• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.1.2]AWE Inspired Moonshine White/Ginger V2.9a Final[Works with stock device]

Just got a sprint awe update notification. Can't install it because I am using twrp. Anyone else get one? I am using 2.8. Can't replicate it again as the update menu in settings is disabled.

Just got a sprint awe update notification. Can't install it because I am using twrp. Anyone else get one? I am using 2.8. Can't replicate it again as the update menu in settings is disabled.

I never got any update notification, but I flashed back to stock and checked manually and had a prl update available. Nothing else though.

It was about a 29 MB update so I doubt it was a prl update. If it pops up again I will take a screen shot. Also tried to see where it downloaded to but I am not sure where it would of put it.

It was about a 29 MB update so I doubt it was a prl update. If it pops up again I will take a screen shot. Also tried to see where it downloaded to but I am not sure where it would of put it.

We'll definitely want to capture it, see what changes it brings and maybe make it flashable. If anyone captures the URL or file let us know!

My battery seems to be draining quicker than stock ROM. Is that normal? I've deleted widgets and hibernated apps since but not much difference

So far everything is fine for me with this ROM . Battery life is decent , no bugs and it's faster compared to 2.8 . I was getting a high 13k+ on antutu and now I'm getting 14k+ . Great job and once again thank you .

I have yet to recieve this?? U said a sprint update?? The update menu in settings works??

Just updated 2.9 with ginger theme. I think there's a mistake on the dialer, the backspace button looks like a menu button.

Looks like the "clear notifications" button actually.

EDIT. never mind I reflashed and it fixed

I have yet to recieve this?? U said a sprint update?? The update menu in settings works??

I had airplane mode on at the time so thats why i couldn't get the update to show up again and yes it says sprint. Help me flash it so i can get the message to go away lol. I found the the download and it is now uploaded to my google drive. :D

i know i saw that. virgin mobile custom (make it yours) boot animation? I got it at target on black friday. I don't know what any of the other changes are though. I am going to go back to stock and flash it. Probably still won't see what has changed though. Oh I live in Long Beach, CA.

i know i saw that. custom virgin mobile boot animation? I got it at target on black friday. I don't know what any of the other changes are though. I am going to go back to stock and flash it. Probably still won't see what has changed though. Oh I live in Long Beach, CA.
It just adds walmart support it looks like only patches files, weird thing is i havent got prompt yet :confused: flash to stock then bk to awe inspired wont do anything needs to b integrated

It just adds walmart support it looks like only patches files, weird thing is i havent got prompt yet :confused: flash to stock then bk to awe inspired wont do anything needs to b integrated

Would a logcat from stock with the update help any to see what has changed? I only see the boot animation file mention walmart. Why it shows up as a sprint update and b06 i am not sure either.

screenshot

Would a logcat from stock with the update help any to see what has changed? I only see the boot animation file mention walmart. Why it shows up as a sprint update and b06 i am not sure either.

screenshot
No i already looked at update, just seems odd no one else has received it, our phone already has sprint, boost, virgin mobile, and now it looks like straight talk support with this update as far as i can tell, we will c what comes in the next few days as ota updates are usually not all at once

I bought mine direct from VM online. I went to stock and tried getting this update all day to no avail. I am also seeing nothing online from the manufacturer. I suspect the update has no real importance other then for new retailers and more bloatware.

No i already looked at update, just seems odd no one else has received it, our phone already has sprint, boost, virgin mobile, and now it looks like straight talk support with this update as far as i can tell, we will c what comes in the next few days as ota updates are usually not all at once

Dang and i thought i was giving back to you great devs before someone else. I guess i got to find another way to contribute as you guys have made my awe awesome!

Dang and i thought i was giving back to you great devs before someone else. I guess i got to find another way to contribute as you guys have made my awe awesome!
U have helped :) it will need to b integrated into the rom, which means i have alot of this work to do lol could u flash back to stock from guide in my sig, take all updates, then upload a system dump for me ;)

U have helped :) it will need to b integrated into the rom, which means i have alot of this work to do lol could u flash back to stock from guide in my sig, take all updates, then upload a system dump for me ;)

Sure. Just guess i have to adb the stock recovery as it fails in cwm and twrp. Though i think i will try the updated script by DPackMan first. When you say all updates do you mean apps from the playstore as well? Because then the dump would have my google account info. Unless it saves the updates to system then i can still wipe data right?

Sure. Just guess i have to adb the stock recovery as it fails in cwm and twrp. Though i think i will try the updated script by DPackMan first. When you say all updates do you mean apps from the playstore as well? Because then the dump would have my google account info. Unless it saves the updates to system then i can still wipe data right?

use this zip, flash with any custom recovery [u will loose all data and b back to stock recovery]!!! then boot up take all updates then "adb pull system update/system" zip it and post

use this zip, flash with any custom recovery [u will loose all data and b back to stock recovery]!!! then boot up take all updates then "adb pull system update/system" zip it and post

Ok will try now. I did adb into stock recovery and i got assert errors when i tried to flash it. Will try this way and see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom