• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][4.1.2]AWE Inspired Moonshine White/Ginger V2.9a Final[Works with stock device]

Ok will try now. I did adb into stock recovery and i got assert errors when i tried to flash it. Will try this way and see if it works.
Make sure u take both updates, the b05 and b06, then to return to any rom just fastboot twrp and flash or side load:)

Notes:

After installing the update.zip to go back to stock i choose the option not to install root. Once booted i enabled adb and connected to wifi. Got the update notification for my account and B05 and installed both. Rebooted back to stock recovery and installed the new B06 update. Verified in about phone section that it is indeed updated to B06. The boot animation is the stock virgin mobile / zte animation still. I never connected to the play store to update apps. If you want me to do it again with root and updated apps just let me know as i have some time this morning. By the way my phone is not activated. It was once before but i get errors when trying to update prl, profile, zte software, firmware. How i got the update notice before others still not sure. After rebooting again there was an update for voicemail.

Get the B06 update.zip here!

Notes:

After installing the update.zip to go back to stock i choose the option not to install root. Once booted i enabled adb and connected to wifi. Got the update notification for my account and B05 and installed both. Rebooted back to stock recovery and installed the new B06 update. Verified in about phone section that it is indeed updated to B06. The boot animation is the stock virgin mobile / zte animation still. I never connected to the play store to update apps. If you want me to do it again with root and updated apps just let me know as i have some time this morning. By the way my phone is not activated. It was once before but i get errors when trying to update prl, profile, zte software, firmware. How i got the update notice before others still not sure. After rebooting again there was an update for voicemail.

Get the B06 update.zip here!

downloading now :) its good u didnt root as i want a completely stock dump, will let u know if all seems good, the voice mail update is in my rom

Replace ur build.prop with this one delete downloaded update from cachr and let me know if u still get prompt dont forget to set perms

build.prop

I will replace the build.prop once i get the update notification as i can't get it to pop up know. Don't know if this makes any differance but the night before the update showed up i drained my battery completly to where it would no longer turn on and just flash the red led. I let it fully charge over night and in the morning when i turned it on the update showed up. It's the only thing i can think of that i did out of the normal.

I will replace the build.prop once i get the update notification as i can't get it to pop up know. Don't know if this makes any differance but the night before the update showed up i drained my battery completly to where it would no longer turn on and just flash the red led. I let it fully charge over night and in the morning when i turned it on the update showed up. It's the only thing i can think of that i did out of the normal.
Try selecting update zte software in settings

i have. i get a message saying my phone is up to date. firmware i get authentication failure. update profile i get error code: 24833. My phone is not activated. I can go back to my backup of 2.8 that it pops up on if you want.

i have. i get a message saying my phone is up to date. firmware i get authentication failure. update profile i get error code: 24833. My phone is not activated. I can go back to my backup of 2.8 that it pops up on if you want.
Hmmm... Give that a try, i didnt change anything regarding updates

Hmmm... Give that a try, i didnt change anything regarding updates

Still says i am updated. Wierd. No one else has got it to show up either but i know it's the real deal. Going to flash back to 2.9. Wish i could replicate it again. My backup should of had the pop-up but nothing. I don't see the update in my cache folder either. I made a new backup yesterday after getting the message but no signs of it now.

Still says i am updated. Wierd. No one else has got it to show up either but i know it's the real deal. Going to flash back to 2.9. Wish i could replicate it again. My backup should of had the pop-up but nothing. I don't see the update in my cache folder either. I made a new backup yesterday after getting the message but no signs of it now.
As of now im just going to keep update on file and c how things progress, maybe u had residual stock files that prompt for the update, just keep me posted

@brittnearl I am currently loving the new cm11 build thats out and will be using it as my main rom. I will flash back to my backup every so often to see if it prompts for the update again.

@brittnearl I am back on 2.9 and will probably stay on it for daily use for a little while until i can get my talkatone working right with cm11. No update notifications still. I do have a problem though with turning the screen off sometimes my audio player (tried 3 differant ones) the sound stops. After turning it on then starting the music again then turning the screen off again usally resolves it. Also with the green theme i have no bottom buttons on the google voice app. Thanks for all your work and starkraving's work on this. I look forward to the new "L" inspired interface!

So I have what is probably a very stupid question to ask. If I were to buy an Awe, could I flash this on and then activate it, or would I have to activate it while it's stock still?
It's been forever since I activated a Virgin Mobile phone >.<

Back
Top Bottom