• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ACS] GB UNleashed 2point3 [GBU-3/20/11] " KING STYLE "

I am on 1.90 radios. I can't post a public link to r1...gapps is included and they have copyrights on it ....but I do have it

The set up bug is caused by 2 set up apk included. I thought he fixed that in r2

Could I somehow have remnants of R1 on my phone, even after multiple complete wipes? It's strange that I still have that bug on R2 (I flashed R1 just after it came out), along with portions of GAPPS installing on the initial ROM boot.

Upvote 0
you definitely do.. try flashing the format all twice...then each of the format options in ra twice...

it's an issue I have seen more than once

Ok, cool, thanks. I'll give it a go and update.

Edit: Well, not sure what is going on with my phone. I ra wiped all three times, used Calkulin's format all three times, rebooted, used King's format all three times, and manually wiped three times. I flashed the ROM, got the Startup Wizard Bug, clicked through it, and am prompted for Google logins. I skipped setting up any Google services. Without flashing GAPPS, I've got Gmail, Maps, Google Search, and probably others, minus Market.

How is that possible? Do I need to reformat my SD card? I'm would think GAPPS had to have been removed from R2 since it's a violation. Can anyone confirm that after flashing R2 they have no GAPPS, until actually flashing GAPPS?

Upvote 0
I've been running this for about a week and it is AWESOME!!!! THANKS!

Only one issue: my phone all of a sudden started rebooting itself, going to the "HTC EVO" screen, shutting off, then back to the white "HTC EVO" screen again, over and over.

I can get it to the fastboot screen, but as soon as I try to go to recovery (or just turn it on or reboot), it goes back into the "HTC EVO" screen and off loop. I hope my phone isn't' dead.

Please help. Any ideas to save mah fone??!! :'( :thinking:
Nevermind, I did some reaserch and found it's a Evo issue that should end up with me in a new Evo from the factory. :\

I will be back on Kings', though, cuz it rocks!

Upvote 0
Nevermind, I did some reaserch and found it's a Evo issue that should end up with me in a new Evo from the factory. :\

I will be back on Kings', though, cuz it rocks!

sorry I never noticed your original post...can you get into bootloader?

I have run into issues like this where loading into bootloader and flashing a stock ruu and then basically starting from scratch

Upvote 0
I've been running this for about a week and it is AWESOME!!!! THANKS!

Only one issue: my phone all of a sudden started rebooting itself, going to the "HTC EVO" screen, shutting off, then back to the white "HTC EVO" screen again, over and over.

I can get it to the fastboot screen, but as soon as I try to go to recovery (or just turn it on or reboot), it goes back into the "HTC EVO" screen and off loop. I hope my phone isn't' dead.

Please help. Any ideas to save mah fone??!! :'( :thinking:

My phone randomly reboots as well... it hasn't caused any problems cuz its usually when its been sitting idle for a while... but im concerned something is wrong.

I also cannot stay connected to WiFi, 3G or 4G for any significant amount of time. Did i do something wrong?

Im also super excited for the next update with the MIUI music player... This is just a personal preference thing, but can we have the transparent notification pulldown like in MikFroyo or Myn's? (if there is already a way to do this i apologize). And can we also get colored notification icons? (same thing, if this is possible already, sorry)

I reallllllly like this ROM.

Upvote 0
Ok So if I'm coming from a Sense rom to begin with. I should do this...

Nandroid backup (Sensre Rom)
Do standard GB install (including all clearing of datas)
Nandroid back up (GB)
Flash sense- ? A sense based rom
download GPS test from market
##clrgpsx# -? on your dialer...type that in
Phone will reboot
open GPS test and wait till 8-10 sats show up/20 Mister
restore your kings nandroid
Dload GPS test and open..ensure its working

That is, again, if I'm coming from a Sense rom to begin with correct?

Upvote 0
On XDA forums, the GPS fix is listed like this:

nandroid back up aosp Rom
Wipe all (caulk format all works perfect)
Install a sense Rom
Set up phone,make sure gps is on
With dialer dial ##4772579#
Use msl code
Phone will reboot
Make sure gps is still on and reboot into recovery
Wiped cache and dalvik
Restore nandroid of aosp Rom
Your set

But when I get to the point of entering "##4772579#" in the dialer, it asks for a password. Where do I find that?

Upvote 0
The password is your msl code. You can get it by downloading msl reader (I think that was what it was called).

There's one step missing in the above instructions though and it caused me to have to nandroid back to sense and them back to Kings another time. You have to let it find as many satts as it will pick up after the reboot in the sense rom before you nandroid back to the aosp rom. I didn't do that the first time and my gps wouldn't initialize in the aosp rom until I went back and did it all again.

Upvote 0
Alright, so I finally got wireless tethering to work Mr. Ed. I did a full wipe and reflashed R2 and the built in portable hotspot was working, but whenever I restored apps (apps only, not apps + data) using TB, that's when I would end up getting an error when attempting to wireless tether. So naturally I had to restore my apps one by one from the market and all was well. Are you using wifi tether from the market at all or are you just using the built in portable hotspot? It looks like the portable hotspot supports wimax, unlike the unlocked sprint hotspot, am I correct in this assumption?

Upvote 0
I'm getting random reboots now. Also, after 2 youtube videos, the phone now locks up and reboots.

Flash doesn't exist in any browser (sky fire is not a 'fix', it's a work around). VVM will not work, period. Tried everything listed. I'll have to try that GPS fix.

So far, it seems good, there's just a bunch of glaring issues still.

Upvote 0
sorry I never noticed your original post...can you get into bootloader?

I have run into issues like this where loading into bootloader and flashing a stock ruu and then basically starting from scratch
Thanks Mr. Ed...you are like the Evo Guru...you help develop it?! ;)

When I talked to Sprint, they said it is a known bug that happens to Evo. From reading other users' posts on XDA, it appears that it may have happened by overclocking.

Anyways, I took it to sprint [after a factory reset and removing my SD so they wouldn't know I rooted ;) ] and they gave me a brand new phone. Getting ready to root back to King Style again.

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
Try clearing dalvik and cache andbthen gapps again

And no.....I didn't help develop the evo lol. I was waiting 5 years for a phone like this tho. And I spend entirely way too much time with my phone

I tried wiping and reflashing and nothing changed. I will try a fresh wipe and flash tonight again.

I know what you mean about spending alot of time with your phone.....I do the same.....the wife gets a little upset here and there about it ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones