• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2]"L" Awe V2.5 Final[Works with stock device]

Don't think its going to happen the devs that were in on this ROM moved on might try to pm one of them that b ur best chance

Don't think its going to happen the devs that were in on this ROM moved on might try to pm one of them that b ur best chance
Thanks for the response, Roadkill... I actually didn't mean to post. I was just trying to learn how... Lol.... I was here because I had a ZTE Awe about 5 months ago and, of about 20 Androids I've had, it was the phone that gave me the greatest enjoyment. L Awe is my all time favorite ROM. I lost that Awe about 4 months ago. Now I'm stuck with a lousy Samsung S5 Sport that, had I taken the time to research, I wouldn't have gotten. Yeah... It's well built with a great processor and all, but try to find a custom ROM for it.... as I write this, there isn't one. The good thing is that I'm forced to customize on my own. I came here to see if I could catch where the L Awe Settings sub-section came from, because I would love to have those animations added into the ROM I'm working on now. If any one has any feadback or ideas for me, please don't hesitate to share. I'm glad I slipped up and posted that mistake, because PMing the devs hadn't crossed my mind yet. So, thanks again Roadkill, and It's nice to see you again.... It's been a long time since I spent my time in these Awe some threads. I learned so much here. I even came back so I could learned how to post....... I sure miss that Awe.....

Hey guys, I'm using this rom and i'm having an issue with mms. i can't seem to download any. Im using the stock messaging app. I see the download button when i receive mms, then i hit download and it can't download any. Has anybody experienced any similar issues?

Hey guys, I'm using this rom and i'm having an issue with mms. i can't seem to download any. Im using the stock messaging app. I see the download button when i receive mms, then i hit download and it can't download any. Has anybody experienced any similar issues?
Try gosms pro if that don't work have to put in the settings manually which is posted here some ware or Google on what the APN settings are for gosms pro or use chomps good luck

Hi everybody, I didn't see a response to this query when searching through the thread. I was just curious what CPU and GPU settings others are using in PAC Performance. I'm currently using the defaults, but would like to better maximize battery life, while maintaining performance and stability.

I'm on the default kernel, with no additional mods.

Thanks!
On PAC performance what settings are recommended

Hi everybody, I didn't see a response to this query when searching through the thread. I was just curious what CPU and GPU settings others are using in PAC Performance. I'm currently using the defaults, but would like to better maximize battery life, while maintaining performance and stability.

I'm on the default kernel, with no additional mods.

Thanks!

I've got mine pretty well maxed out...

CPU Max: 1728 MHz
CPU Min: 162 MHz
CPU Governor: Interactive

GPU 3D Max: 627 MHz
GPU 3D Governor: On Demand

With moderate use I can maybe get 2 days out of it - but I usually just end up charging it every night.
I does crash fairly often though. Depending on what I'm doing, maybe once every few days.

Thanks for your response. Are you using a custom kernel? The range of CPU clock speeds that I have available in the menus in PAC are 384 to 1188, and GPU options are 192, 320 and 400 MHz.

I've got mine pretty well maxed out...

CPU Max: 1728 MHz
CPU Min: 162 MHz
CPU Governor: Interactive

GPU 3D Max: 627 MHz
GPU 3D Governor: On Demand

With moderate use I can maybe get 2 days out of it - but I usually just end up charging it every night.
I does crash fairly often though. Depending on what I'm doing, maybe once every few days.

Thanks for your response. Are you using a custom kernel? The range of CPU clock speeds that I have available in the menus in PAC are 384 to 1188, and GPU options are 192, 320 and 400 MHz.

Oh yeah, I guess I am.
I just checked my phone, it is listed as:

3.4.0-ga8eec21
zte-kernel@Zdroid-SMT

Zte hard coded the kernel version, it won't tell you what you're actually using other than the git hash. You can find out in any kernel tweaking app. However based on having the gpu overlook you're probably on an old version of AWEstruck. GPU overclock never worked right and I removed it a while back. I would suggest updating, I've made a number of improvements since then.

Zte hard coded the kernel version, it won't tell you what you're actually using other than the git hash. You can find out in any kernel tweaking app. However based on having the gpu overlook you're probably on an old version of AWEstruck. GPU overclock never worked right and I removed it a while back. I would suggest updating, I've made a number of improvements since then.

Oh, ok.
Thanks Spock!

Hey, thanks for keeping this project alive.
Honestly I hadn't checked back in a while and now I see I have slept on a few kernel updates.
I just loaded up your latest beta (105b6) and all is good so far - fast and stable!

I'm sure you already know this but this phone is likely the last model to work on the VM grandfathered plan and thus will probably live on longer than it should among the community.

Keep up the good work!

On a side note:
These bogus toasts in the latest Hangouts...
Maybe I can help removing them - Advice on where to start?

Oh, ok.
Thanks Spock!

Hey, thanks for keeping this project alive.
Honestly I hadn't checked back in a while and now I see I have slept on a few kernel updates.
I just loaded up your latest beta (105b6) and all is good so far - fast and stable!

I'm sure you already know this but this phone is likely the last model to work on the VM grandfathered plan and thus will probably live on longer than it should among the community.

Keep up the good work!

On a side note:
These bogus toasts in the latest Hangouts...
Maybe I can help removing them - Advice on where to start?

VM grandfathered is the same reason I'm using this phone ;)

I'm having a problem. When it tries to install the driver it says it can't find the driver. It searches online but it never finds anything. So what to do from here? :(

What u trying to do
Follow the instructions for rooting and installing l awe on stock device. Everything else should be installed, pdanet is installed and abd and any other drivers my phone put on my computer. It recognizes my phone when I connect, but when trying to do this it wants to install another driver. Well, would be nice if it would actually find the damn thing.

To clarify I downloaded the file that was posted as the first thread. Not the upgrade file, the stock one. So unless something has changed then not sure why I'm having issues.

Have u yryef
Follow the instructions for rooting and installing l awe on stock device. Everything else should be installed, pdanet is installed and abd and any other drivers my phone put on my computer. It recognizes my phone when I connect, but when trying to do this it wants to install another driver. Well, would be nice if it would actually find the damn thing.

To clarify I downloaded the file that was posted as the first thread. Not the upgrade file, the stock one. So unless something has changed then not sure why I'm having issues.
Have u tried the think called root master also there is am ROM that will root ur phone with stock recovery to

Back
Top Bottom