• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2]"L" Awe V2.5 Final[Works with stock device]

Hi everybody, I'm wondering what the "Hangouts V2.4 W/ Removed SMS toast" download does exactly. I never downloaded or flashed it but was curious about it. I have an issue in which I receive notifications about missed calls, or voicemails, I dismiss them, and they ultimately come back again. I thought this might be related to the "toast" matter. I use Google Voice and have a copy Hangouts from the Play Store as well, though it is currently frozen. This brings me to a somewhat unrelated question: Do you all think that there is any cause for concern regarding the purported Stagefright vulnerability? I disabled the stagefright features in build.prop, and froze potentially unsafe messaging applications.

In any case, would the Hangouts download potentially resolve the voicemail toast notification issue, do you suspect?
Even better, is there any way to disable notifications altogether? Perhaps this is possible through XPosed modules or something similar. In something like Cyanogenmod, one can set profiles, which allows for the disabling of notifications according to user defined parameters.

Thanks for any responses.

Upvote 0
Installing Spock's custom kernel and adjusting CPU settings has helped for me. This, of course, has its caveats, and I would suggest reading through the thread before flashing it.
Of course, the usual suggestions for any Android device apply, as well. GSAM, BetterBattwryStats, Battery Left and similar programs can help to track down battery hogging applications. Additionally, disabling unneeded services, such as Bluetooth, WiFi, Cellular Radio, when not in use, can help tremendously. I use Power Toggles or something similar.
Somebody more technically experienced than myself will probably chime in, but this thread isn't as trafficked as it once was.
any tips on extending battery life on this rom?

Reactions: McBad
Upvote 0
I tried it... Was a no go. Even tried bogging down the RAM like I described... Didn't work. I took it back cuz the audio driver sucked. Maybe viper would've helped, but with no root, I'll never know.

I actually got KingRoot to work on my ZTE SPEED. I ran Antutu benchmark first then ran KingRoot. But... after root was successful everything in my phone started closing. Like Facebook my security app as well as the kingRoot app. It's self. I thought I was screwed for a minute. So restarted my device. Clear. Not rooted anymore. Don't know what happened. Just wasn't good.

Upvote 0
I actually got KingRoot to work on my ZTE SPEED. I ran Antutu benchmark first then ran KingRoot. But... after root was successful everything in my phone started closing. Like Facebook my security app as well as the kingRoot app. It's self. I thought I was screwed for a minute. So restarted my device. Clear. Not rooted anymore. Don't know what happened. Just wasn't good.
It probly a temp root it happens some times u need to go to the forum of that device u can try to in stall supper user from play store after u runn that program good luck

Reactions: arkansawdave74
Upvote 0
Ok I seem to be in need of some help here . I've never flashed a rom to a phone before and have only done it once to tablet so bare with me I'm a noob . I've ben trying for 3 hours now to install this rom Following the directions to a T with no luck I get as far as
6: In command window type "fastboot boot twrp.img" without quotes. Your phone will turn off and you will be greeted with twrp recovery
Use screen to navigate the menu. swipe to make your selection
But nothing ever loads cmd window just says waiting for device what am I doing wrong here ?

Upvote 0
Ok I seem to be in need of some help here . I've never flashed a rom to a phone before and have only done it once to tablet so bare with me I'm a noob . I've ben trying for 3 hours now to install this rom Following the directions to a T with no luck I get as far as
6: In command window type "fastboot boot twrp.img" without quotes. Your phone will turn off and you will be greeted with twrp recovery
Use screen to navigate the menu. swipe to make your selection
But nothing ever loads cmd window just says waiting for device what am I doing wrong here ?
U are rooted right?

Upvote 0
Thanks I will try that if I can get it to work again

Not sure if it's been spoken on further, fire I simply stopped here, but from my personal experience (I rooted my zte same exact way a month ago, but even took it further by running more than benchmark) it will not keep a permanent root. I had mine rooted for maybe an hour before the weird stuff happened. Even installed twrp with twrp manager app and supersu also. When I rebooted to recovery to flash a rom it went all bad. Phone froze for bout ten minutes then started blinking off and on trying to restart.

Now that's over and done, but the root method doesn't touch my phone anymore...

Have YOU made any progress I realize this is an outdated post and I'm behind times.

Upvote 0
Not sure if it's been spoken on further, fire I simply stopped here, but from my personal experience (I rooted my zte same exact way a month ago, but even took it further by running more than benchmark) it will not keep a permanent root. I had mine rooted for maybe an hour before the weird stuff happened. Even installed twrp with twrp manager app and supersu also. When I rebooted to recovery to flash a rom it went all bad. Phone froze for bout ten minutes then started blinking off and on trying to restart.

Now that's over and done, but the root method doesn't touch my phone anymore...

Have YOU made any progress I realize this is an outdated post and I'm behind times.
U don't use twrp manager for twrp see that's where u messed up at this shit is pretty simple to do just takes reading u install the wrong twrp

Upvote 0
U don't use twrp manager for twrp see that's where u messed up at this shit is pretty simple to do just takes reading u install the wrong twrp

Now, Normally I wouldn't use that. But it was SUGGESTED (I'm no pro at this stuff I'm learning as I go) because of the fact that the phone unroots itself. I don't know, really I'm just trying whatever I can before I actually go see if others had done it... plus, I don't have access to a pc of my own so I was using non pc methods...

Upvote 0
Now, Normally I wouldn't use that. But it was SUGGESTED (I'm no pro at this stuff I'm learning as I go) because of the fact that the phone unroots itself. I don't know, really I'm just trying whatever I can before I actually go see if others had done it... plus, I don't have access to a pc of my own so I was using non pc methods...
So ur not rooted but u do have twrp

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones