• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2]"L" Awe V2.5 Final[Works with stock device]

For now you can probably use a program like titanium to uninstall chrome even though it's a system app. I personally convert a lot of the apps I use a lot to system apps to save internal space.

Thanks . Chrome is not that bad . I can live with it . Actually I'm starting to like it . Guess I'm a creature of habit and used to the stock browser .

Is it me or is this ROM getting very poor battery life compared to moonshine 2.9 ? Well I don't think it's my phone because my son just installed the ROM also and both phone batteries are dropping power free fall speed . Can you guys verify this ? I'm gonna moonshine some more . :)

My favorite browser is hands down firefox because i can use many addons for it. I especially like being able to use youtube center on it!

Help, please! I'm no stranger to flashing ROMs and I'm really trying to flash this ROM. But for some reason, I can't boot into recovery all of a sudden. I recently flashed the latest TWRP, but never booted into recovery since. I've never experienced anything like this before. Ideas?!

Did you try the stock version ROM which installs from a pc with commands ? Maybe that will work for you . This will install root , recovery and the ROM all in one shot . If not I suggest flashing back to stock VM and starting all over again . Good luck .

Did you try the stock version ROM which installs from a pc with commands ? Maybe that will work for you . This will install root , recovery and the ROM all in one shot . If not I suggest flashing back to stock VM and starting all over again . Good luck .

Reverting back to stock and rerooting was going to be my next plan of attack. I'm just so confused as to why this happened. Very frustrating! Thanks for the input, though.

after a week of trying to in stall this ROM on my wife's phone finally got it by flashing an older recoverie older then phenomx4s twrp it work great then flashed back to the latest recoveri and is all good now

after a week of trying to in stall this ROM on my wife's phone finally got it by flashing an older recoverie older then phenomx4s twrp it work great then flashed back to the latest recoveri and is all good now
Hmm... What were the errors u got?? I test flash with newest twrp and it worked fine... U use stock install kit or just rom??

Help, please! I'm no stranger to flashing ROMs and I'm really trying to flash this ROM. But for some reason, I can't boot into recovery all of a sudden. I recently flashed the latest TWRP, but never booted into recovery since. I've never experienced anything like this before. Ideas?!

This is a normal occurance for me. Any time I flash a new recovery, or change roms, I have to power down, then manually boot into recovery. Then the power menu option will work from then on out. I'm not sure exactly what causes it, but I think it has to do with a record of the last boot to recovery, that gets stored in system files. It doesnt seem to matter what rom or recovery is used. Pretty sure its ubiquitous.

Hmm... What were the errors u got?? I test flash with newest twrp and it worked fine... U use stock install kit or just rom??

the stock all ways called the others would get to updating android or just sit at android logo I installed Phil's recovery then it let me in stall it then flashed back to the latest twrp no problems now

Well after a long testing session I've come to know this ROM inside out . There are 3 issues I've encountered that I know of so far . Upon installation there are 3 force closes that happen on initial setup . One is hangouts , second is UI and third is Google play services . That's problem number one but this does not affect the functionality of the ROM once you're in as far as I can tell . The second issue is the notification LED which for me doesn't work most of the time . Third and worst is a battery power consumption and ram consumption issue . I'm pretty sure that's an issue with Google chrome browser . It's known to have these issues and it's one of the differences between L and Moonshine . I'm not really complaining , Just trying to help point out any possible bugs . Meantime I will keep using Moonshine 2.9a because I consider it to be one of the best ROMs I've ever installed on any phone . I can also comment on sound quality . being an audiophile for over 35 years I immediately noticed that L sounds somewhat dull and muffled . Moonshine sounds louder and cleaner overall . Sometimes sound enhancing can be a bad thing . Besides why would you need Dolby decoding on a 2 channel audio phone device ? Like always and once again , thank you for the great effort on your part to make our phones and lives a little better .

Well after a long testing session I've come to know this ROM inside out . There are 3 issues I've encountered that I know of so far . Upon installation there are 3 force closes that happen on initial setup . One is hangouts , second is UI and third is Google play services . That's problem number one but this does not affect the functionality of the ROM once you're in as far as I can tell . The second issue is the notification LED which for me doesn't work most of the time . Third and worst is a battery power consumption and ram consumption issue . I'm pretty sure that's an issue with Google chrome browser . It's known to have these issues and it's one of the differences between L and Moonshine . I'm not really complaining , Just trying to help point out any possible bugs . Meantime I will keep using Moonshine 2.9a because I consider it to be one of the best ROMs I've ever installed on any phone . I can also comment on sound quality . being an audiophile for over 35 years I immediately noticed that L sounds somewhat dull and muffled . Moonshine sounds louder and cleaner overall . Sometimes sound enhancing can be a bad thing . Besides why would you need Dolby decoding on a 2 channel audio phone device ? Like always and once again , thank you for the great effort on your part to make our phones and lives a little better .
Thanks for the great evaluation :) acid is mainly noticed with headphone jack... The dolby is simulated hench the slight muffle [our little monotone speaker isnt too great to begin with lol] u are correct chrome uses too many resources and will b replaced with aosp browser with fixed chrome bookmark sync:) the fc

2b8a3618b790a6bb9c08985fb8a1e854.jpg

A little taste of things to come ;)

R u cereal bro?

What kind are you?

Sadly I had to switch carriers. I miss my awe.
Can't wait for this release though. My Buddy is getting my awe and I'm stoked to give him a phone that performs better than a S3.

Thanks guys for all your hard work.

Back
Top Bottom