• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][4.1.2]"L" Awe V2.5 Final[Works with stock device]

Great update. Love the new UI tweaks and other features implemented. I noticed one problem: exchange doesn't work.This is a real deal breaker for me as I usually get all my email on my phone. I tried installing a different exchange2.apk, placed it in \system\app, installed, changed permissions, and rebooted all to no avail. Can anyone else replicate this problem?

i think I figured out the soft boot when o unlock phone from sleep I uninstalled hangouts so if I don't unlock the screen right move up slightly while unlocking it dose the android dots to logo thing

Great update. Love the new UI tweaks and other features implemented. I noticed one problem: exchange doesn't work.This is a real deal breaker for me as I usually get all my email on my phone. I tried installing a different exchange2.apk, placed it in \system\app, installed, changed permissions, and rebooted all to no avail. Can anyone else replicate this problem?
Hey sorry to hear you're having issues. We should have mentioned we elected to omit exchange services because its a massive drain on resources(data/battery primarily).

That being said here is a fix for those of you who need exchange services.

1. Download the attached apk.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv730nzfzvklvnv/Exchange.apk

2. Sign out of your corporate account if you have signed in.

3. Copy the attached to system/app and set permission to 644 (rw r r)

4. Reboot recovery and wipe cache.

5. Reboot system, sign in to your corporate/exchange account...profit.

Please let me know if this works for you. I've done this with no FCs or issues as of yet.

i think I figured out the soft boot when o unlock phone from sleep I uninstalled hangouts so if I don't unlock the screen right move up slightly while unlocking it dose the android dots to logo thing

I had the same problem. It is because of hangouts. I uninstalled the stock camera and hangouts so would get a soft boot when dragging over either one. Eventually removed the lock screen to get rid of the problem. Sorry i didn't pick up on it earlier and let you know.

I have found one little thing that's no big deal. I can't read the text on this screen that's grey and the screen shots within this app show up as 0 kb and i can't open them on my computer. Screenshot from the home screen doesn't have this problem. Not sure if the text problem could be also a problem in other apps. I did have one reboot also after opening firefox the first time and as soon as clicking a link it rebooted. It doesn't seem to be doing it now. I did restore my data partition from my awe inspired 2.9 backup though. Was going to ask if i would run into problems but did it anyways lol.

Here is the link to the screen shot of the text i am talking about. It's similar to the problem i had with v1 except that was to distinguish between a new message and read message.

I have found one little thing that's no big deal. I can't read the text on this screen that's grey and the screen shots within this app show up as 0 kb and i can't open them on my computer. Screenshot from the home screen doesn't have this problem. Not sure if the text problem could be also a problem in other apps. I did have one reboot also after opening firefox the first time and as soon as clicking a link it rebooted. It doesn't seem to be doing it now. I did restore my data partition from my awe inspired 2.9 backup though. Was going to ask if i would run into problems but did it anyways lol.

Here is the link to the screen shot of the text i am talking about. It's similar to the problem i had with v1 except that was to distinguish between a new message and read message.
Yeah that's Lucky Patcher right? I know the issue and sadly its one of those apps that updates so frequently that'd it be impossible to change the font color for every update...its always a give and take for theming...we'll look into a viable fix without compromising the look and feel of the theme...

**EDIT**
As for your reboots...definitely would recommend "app only" restores from TiB ...

Yeah that's Lucky Patcher right? I know the issue and sadly its one of those apps that updates so frequently that'd it be impossible to change the font color for every update...its always a give and take for theming...we'll look into a viable fix without compromising the look and feel of the theme...

Yes it is. Was trying to not say the name in case it's not allowed lol.

I had the same problem. It is because of hangouts. I uninstalled the stock camera and hangouts so would get a soft boot when dragging over either one. Eventually removed the lock screen to get rid of the problem. Sorry i didn't pick up on it earlier and let you know.

is there a fix for this I like the lock screen

I just noticed that if i use the timer in the clock app that it disappers when i turn the screen off. I use it a lot. I recall in awe inspired 2.9 that it would still be there when i turned it back on. Maybe it's the result of something i tweaked. I will look into it some more. The process isn't being killed because if i open it from the recent apps window it takes me to the clock and then i tap the sand glass and it is still counting down. Also is there anyway to make it make a sound when it reaches the time i want. The screen just flashes red. I guess if i use it that much i can get another app for it lol.

Every time I try to add the account it says "Failed to connect to the server". Exchange shows up in manual setup but I can't get it to connect. I've tried 2 different exchange accounts.
OK thanks well be looking into a fix for exchange users. Stay posted. Heybdid you try the email apk and exchange apk from V1? If not pull them from the zip and try them out and let us know if that solved your issue.

I just noticed that if i use the timer in the clock app that it disappers when i turn the screen off. I use it a lot. I recall in awe inspired 2.9 that it would still be there when i turned it back on. Maybe it's the result of something i tweaked. I will look into it some more. The process isn't being killed because if i open it from the recent apps window it takes me to the clock and then i tap the sand glass and it is still counting down. Also is there anyway to make it make a sound when it reaches the time i want. The screen just flashes red. I guess if i use it that much i can get another app for it lol.
I have already fixed the timer issue... Also the sound and no more fc when exiting with timer counting;)

Back
Top Bottom