• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

Ok for some reason i just can not upload the files, maybe there to big, the animation is 15mb and the audio is like 154kb i think. i saw the limit of 10mb on zip so im sure thats why but the audio wont even upload. i split animation into 2 files but they still wouldnt upload, not sure what the dealo is.

Ok for some reason i just can not upload the files, maybe there to big, the animation is 15mb and the audio is like 154kb i think. i saw the limit of 10mb on zip so im sure thats why but the audio wont even upload. i split animation into 2 files but they still wouldnt upload, not sure what the dealo is.

If you want, you could use mediafire or something like dropbox, google drive. I use those all the time.
Or you could link where you got them.

here is whole file in one zip if that helps.

files.zip

The bootsound is the wrong name. It should be "android_audio.mp3"
I guess you have a couple of things that play a sound on your phone.
And I'm not sure, but the boot animation is normally named "bootanimation.zip"
Not sure if that matters either.

The bootsound is the wrong name. It should be "android_audio.mp3"
I guess you have a couple of things that play a sound on your phone.
And I'm not sure, but the boot animation is normally named "bootanimation.zip"
Not sure if that matters either.

oh ya i didnt even think to explain that part, i just have them saved like that on pc but when i actually put them on phone i name them the right names. i just put them there like that then copy the name from the original on phone then delete then paste correct file name on the files. Just not sure why im only getting like 5 secs of boot sound when its 16 secs and it worked before :/

hey guys is there a specific way i should factory reset this ROM? I want to go back to having no apps, changed settings, or anything while still staying on this ROM. I know this is a noob question I just want to be safe :cool:

You do just like you said, factory reset in clockwork recovery and reload the ROM.

hey guys is there a specific way i should factory reset this ROM? I want to go back to having no apps, changed settings, or anything while still staying on this ROM. I know this is a noob question I just want to be safe :cool:

Just boot into recovery mode and select the 'factory reset' option in there.

Anyone else seeing an issue with the phone not going into deep sleep when in airplane mode; It seems like the only setting that will allow deep sleep is 3G.

If I turn off 3G mobile (and WIFI) the phone will not enter deep sleep.

Note: I realize that WIFI/BT on will prevent deep sleep; this is not the issue; also email (with connect issues) will prevent deep sleep; I'm monitoring using CPU Spy with "email check frequencies" off.

So, my basic question is... Does Airplane Mode prevent deep sleep with TG-Reloaded?

Edit: I bumped to G60; I'm currently entering deep sleep in any combination that excludes WIFI/BT; so I'm happy...

Mark

Anyone else seeing an issue with the phone not going into deep sleep when in airplane mode; It seems like the only setting that will allow deep sleep is in 3G.

If I turn off 3G (and WIFI) the phone will not enter deep sleep.

Note: I realize that WIFI on will prevent deep sleep; this is not the issue; also email (with connect issues) will prevent deep sleep, however I'm testing (CPU Spy) with email check frequencies off.

Has G60 tweaked the wakelocks on this?

Mark

G60 has done a bunch of major edit to this rom, altho having wifi or bt on will still disable deep sleep

most of us have come to the conclusion that alot of wakelock and restart issues that have nothing to do with wifi or bt, often come from apps the user has downloaded that are just effecting the system in a strange way

and ive seen just on my phone personally that apps like google play, facebook, email or gmail can keep the phone awake if they "get stuck" while connecting or updating something

for your basic question, No, i believe airplane mode should actually increase deep sleep cause it should kill wifi,bt, im not sure cause i tend to not use airplane mode but 3g may get limited under airplane mode to, either way it should be saving you battery not causing you to lose it

G60 has done a bunch of major edit to this rom, altho having wifi or bt on will still disable deep sleep

most of us have come to the conclusion that alot of wakelock and restart issues that have nothing to do with wifi or bt, often come from apps the user has downloaded that are just effecting the system in a strange way

and ive seen just on my phone personally that apps like google play, facebook, email or gmail can keep the phone awake if they "get stuck" while connecting or updating something

I've seen the same. There is an app called better battery stats. It will pull the logs from the kernel and show you what is keeping the phone awake. The biggest thing would be wakelocks. They are Android's dirty way to keep the phone awake to finnish jobs. The problem is when the app doesn't release the lock when the app fails to do what it was doing. Like when an update fails because there's no date connection.
If you have it, I would check what it says under partial wake lock and report back.

for your basic question, No, i believe airplane mode should actually increase deep sleep cause it should kill wifi,bt, im not sure cause i tend to not use airplane mode but 3g may get limited under airplane mode to, either way it should be saving you battery not causing you to lose it

I had G60 loaded for a bit; I think I'll check it out again so I don't get stuck at the last version release of TG (as good as it is - thanks to all involved).

I'm going to load battery stats as suggested and try to determine which apps are (likely) causing the problem (I know email will hang when it fails to connect and cause issues).

I'm amazed at how good TG is at saving battery consumption when everything is working right.

Mark

I had G60 loaded for a bit; I think I'll check it out again so I don't get stuck at the last version release of TG (as good as it is - thanks to all involved).

I'm going to load battery stats as suggested and try to determine which apps are (likely) causing the problem (I know email will hang when it fails to connect and cause issues).

I'm amazed at how good TG is at saving battery consumption when everything is working right.

Mark

i personally did the same, i stayed on whyzors tg-reloaded till g60's passed the r0.05, im currently running the final edition and i love it, since its based off of the tg-reloaded they look identical

as for battery for me personally i thought both the reloaded and g60 had about the same battery life, which was great lol, on stock right out of the box even with wifi and bt off i was having trouble getting 24 hours outta 1 charge, once i went to reloaded and g60 i can usually push it into 3 days if i needed to

Just boot into recovery mode and select the 'factory reset' option in there.

Thank you will do this sometime but before I do the reasons I'm wanting to factory reset is because:

1. My screen does not dim before it times out (having a 30 second timeout where it should dim at 15 seconds)
2. In spare parts under sensor usage android system is always there with the bar filled halfway with blue
3. Google services keeping the phone awake
4. Battery drains overnight

Would a factory reset fix these issues? Or would I have to reflash the rom? (Clear data/cache/dalvik and reflash rom and gapps correct?)

Thank you will do this sometime but before I do the reasons I'm wanting to factory reset is because:

1. My screen does not dim before it times out (having a 30 second timeout where it should dim at 15 seconds)
2. In spare parts under sensor usage android system is always there with the bar filled halfway with blue

Would a factory reset fix these issues? Or would I have to reflash the rom? (Clear data/cache/dalvik and reflash rom and gapps correct?)

starting with just a reset would probly be easiest, if the problems still persist

id say if you didnt do it during the first reset to, reset again but wipe both cache and dalvik cache's also, and if the problem still is there then

id say reflashing would be the best bet

You could always make a Nandroid backup in clockworkmod recovery and factory reset to see if these problems are fixed, if not, just restore nandroid backup and no settings or apps are lost.

Hello Gentlemen!

I have a few questions.

1. Where can I change the font size for the icons? I cannot find it for the life of me.
2. I purchased Perfect Keyboard Pro but when I try to enable it, the default keyboard stays in use. Any idea on how to fix it so I can switch keyboards?
3. I would like the number of messages/emails received to show up on my home screen. I have seen it in screenshots from other users. How can I get that to work? Do I need other Apps for that or do I need to change a setting somewhere?

Hello Gentlemen!

I have a few questions.

1. Where can I change the font size for the icons? I cannot find it for the life of me.
2. I purchased Perfect Keyboard Pro but when I try to enable it, the default keyboard stays in use. Any idea on how to fix it so I can switch keyboards?
3. I would like the number of messages/emails received to show up on my home screen. I have seen it in screenshots from other users. How can I get that to work? Do I need other Apps for that or do I need to change a setting somewhere?

1) im not sure about that
2) i believe u go into settings > language and keyboard to do thar
3) yes there are a few apps...i believe its uccw or minimalistic texts..im not sure..someone help me on this one xP

Hello Gentlemen!

I have a few questions.

1. Spare parts app allows you to change all font sizes, i dont think itll just be the apps tho, i think its all fonts (i think you can change just the font of apps if you decompile a theme you use that actually changes there fonts on its own, then just edit the value)

2. for your keyboard i believe you need to go to input and such in the settings and set it, I also believe you need to open up like a blank message page and long press the text are, itll pop up and say input methods and should say android keyboard and ur new keyboard

3. certain apps do it, i use adw Notifier, you do not need adw launcher to use the notifier which is nice, but for example ill say a text message, the little message icon on my home screen will have the number of messages in white in a little red circle on the top right corner of the message app icon

I would life to install this ROM on my phone, but I've never messed with flashing before. Does it matter if I already have another ROM? (I bought my Triumph flashed)

I would life to install this ROM on my phone, but I've never messed with flashing before. Does it matter if I already have another ROM? (I bought my Triumph flashed)

no, actually if your triumph is already been flashed the you probly have CWM Recovery which makes it all that much easier, and you can also already make a backup of your phone as it is now with CWM before messing around for saftey lol

first, be sure you have CWM Recovery, which is power down the phone completely and hold power, Vol+ and Vol- at the same time, if it bring you into cwm then the first steps have been done for you already

all you need is to put the Zip file for this rom, and the gapps Zip, and the gapps newtalk(optional) Zip on your Sd card

boot into CWM recovery

Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe Cache
Advance> Wipe Dalvik Cache

Install Zip from SD, must install in this order
CM7 TG-Reloaded
Gapps
Gapps(newtalk)(optional)

then go to reboot phone now, not reboot recovery or youll just end up back in the recovery lol

if your like me and you want some actual visuals first, goto you tube and search Minus5252, he has the triumph and has made a bunch of great videos for installing, rooting, flashing and pretty much everything on this site** just Note that the CWM recovery videos he has are an older version, so navigation may be different on the one you have

no, actually if your triumph is already been flashed the you probly have CWM Recovery which makes it all that much easier, and you can also already make a backup of your phone as it is now with CWM before messing around for saftey lol

first, be sure you have CWM Recovery, which is power down the phone completely and hold power, Vol+ and Vol- at the same time, if it bring you into cwm then the first steps have been done for you already

all you need is to put the Zip file for this rom, and the gapps Zip, and the gapps newtalk(optional) Zip on your Sd card

boot into CWM recovery

Wipe data/factory reset
Wipe Cache
Advance> Wipe Dalvik Cache

Install Zip from SD, must install in this order
CM7 TG-Reloaded
Gapps
Gapps(newtalk)(optional)

then go to reboot phone now, not reboot recovery or youll just end up back in the recovery lol

if your like me and you want some actual visuals first, goto you tube and search Minus5252, he has the triumph and has made a bunch of great videos for installing, rooting, flashing and pretty much everything on this site** just Note that the CWM recovery videos he has are an older version, so navigation may be different on the one you have

Good info, and I should have edited my post because not too long after I was able to easily flash to CM7 Reloaded :D CWM recovery was already on my phone, which really does simplify things. I don't like ADW launcher that much so I installed a stock gingerbread launcher, I'm trying to go for the mostly stock look

screenshot-1340510986004.png

screenshot-1340504384986.png

Back
Top Bottom