• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CM7 TG-Reloaded (Final: 03-25)

Is anyone else having problems with constant lock-ups and force closes?

Some people do. It's either caused by bad apps, their left over data from a previous flash, or a hardware issue. Bad settings can do it too.

Did you change any settings when you loaded the ROM? Have you tried to reflash, maybe after checking the md5 check sum. If you reflash, I would try to load only the necessary apps that I needed, just to eliminate them.

Hope it helps:D

Sometimes my phone wont go into deep sleep unless I restart. Was there any solutions for this?

Bt and wifi are known to sometimes hold the phone from deep sleep mode, but there are also apps that sometimes stop deep sleep mode, I can't think of any right now, but some apps that have data usage(connected to te internet) will stop deep sleep

Some people do. It's either caused by bad apps, their left over data from a previous flash, or a hardware issue. Bad settings can do it too.

Did you change any settings when you loaded the ROM? Have you tried to reflash, maybe after checking the md5 check sum. If you reflash, I would try to load only the necessary apps that I needed, just to eliminate them.

Hope it helps:D

I think it was left over data from a previous flash! I reflashed after clearing everything inc. my SD because it was filled with app corpses and now the ROM is working nicely. Thanks for the help!

I switched to TG-Reloaded over the weekend from MIUI. MIUI had begun to randomly reboot. I did factory reset and format cache. Initially everything looked good. Made some calls, reinstalled all of my apps. Now I'm getting android.process.acore force close on the phone app when I try to make a call. I fixed permissions and cleared dalvik, but still can't make a call. Everything else seems to be working fine.

I switched to TG-Reloaded over the weekend from MIUI. MIUI had begun to randomly reboot. I did factory reset and format cache. Initially everything looked good. Made some calls, reinstalled all of my apps. Now I'm getting android.process.acore force close on the phone app when I try to make a call. I fixed permissions and cleared dalvik, but still can't make a call. Everything else seems to be working fine.

This thread seems to have some information that may be related. It seems to stem from corrupt contact data. I guess we'll see.

Bt and wifi are known to sometimes hold the phone from deep sleep mode, but there are also apps that sometimes stop deep sleep mode, I can't think of any right now, but some apps that have data usage(connected to te internet) will stop deep sleep

I'm aware of wifi/bt but I was just wondering if there were any possible things that may be causing it.

Was wondering if anyone could help. I just bought a new MT. I activated on stock and also had my phone number changed. After I activated I flashed with this ROM. I didn't have a problem before sending or receiving pictures but now I have this issue. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

but I was just wondering if anyone else had the color of the status bar (signal, battery, 3g) go from blue to green? Originally when I flashed, everything was blue including the overshoot effect. After a couple hours it reverted to green & the overshoot was yellow. I don't think there's any other problems (besides the proximity sensor during/after calls) so is this just a glitch? I looked through all the settings to try and change it back, but came up with nothing.

Did you find out what was the cause of this? I enjoy the blue more than the yellow. For me it changed right after I flashed thunderprop.zip for my gaming. How can I change it back?

Was wondering if anyone could help. I just bought a new MT. I activated on stock and also had my phone number changed. After I activated I flashed with this ROM. I didn't have a problem before sending or receiving pictures but now I have this issue. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

What issue? I presume you can't send picture texts (mms)? If that's the case, did you delete the stock mms app? Were you able to send mms on stock? If not, change to stock, have Virgin Mobile fix the number (we have two numbers, one for calling, one for modem use).
Maybe there is a way to do it on CM7, I don't think there is, though. It might be a bad flash, of download. Have you checked the MD5 checksum? The best way is to do it from the terminal app.
Code:
md5sum /sdcard/(the location of the file)

Did you find out what was the cause of this? I enjoy the blue more than the yellow. For me it changed right after I flashed thunderprop.zip for my gaming. How can I change it back?

The blue comes from cyanobread.apk. It's a theme that comes with the ROM that many people delete (including me) that can be applied through Theme chooser. You could look in the thunderprop.zip and see what's in the install script? I don't think it's the cause, just a maybe.

Might have missed it, but is anyone else going to be picking up development for this? There are still a couple issues that cropped up in the last few builds. They seem easy enough to fix as they weren't present in past builds.

Might have missed it, but is anyone else going to be picking up development for this? There are still a couple issues that cropped up in the last few builds. They seem easy enough to fix as they weren't present in past builds.

g60Madman took over. He has released a couple of updates. Last one earlier this week. CM7 g60style

I would encourage you not to say something is easy to fix unless you are going to do it. What happens is as things are merged in Cyanogen upstream, they don't always play nicely with our kernel, and the devs put alot of time and energy in re-fixing some things. Remember we do not have the source code for the Triumph, which means trial and error.

My camera randomly started to only be in black and white only. Is there a setting I accidentally could have changed? I cant find it anywhere. Or is my phone just ****ed?

My camera randomly started to only be in black and white only. Is there a setting I accidentally could have changed? I cant find it anywhere. Or is my phone just ****ed?

In the camera app, touch the button that looks like a dial (should be the top one). Slide down to color effect. If it's on "Mono", change it to how you like.

How do I remove excess screens? I really prefer to have just about everything in one home screen.

it depends on what launcher u are using if your using the launcher that came with cm7 which i believe is ADW launcher to remove other screen tabs click the menu button>edit>scroll left and right to the ones u want to delete and hit the x button than ok to confirm. on go launcher if you happened to download that click menu>edit> long hold on screen page and drag and drop to trash can.

What launcher? If it's the one that came with the ROM, then (from a home screen) hit menu, then edit. Then you can remove all but one screen.

Hope it helps:)

Yeah, for now I'm using the stock ADW from the ROM. Also can't figure out either re-starting the Google app sync (of course, I also can't find the update from Market to Play anywhere without resorting to the Titanium backup everyone's claiming will cause major problems) or setting startup/shutdown sounds.

Thanks, I tried the "edit" thing and that worked. For now, I'll stick with the stock launcher for this ROM (I'm on enough of a learning curve :)). Do wish the folders were a bit more customizable as far as appearance, but that's trivial. Also still need to find out about startup/shutdown sounds.

Never did figure out the sync thing, so spent a tedious hour or two going through my Google Play list and selecting items to download one-by-one-by-one, and found that having Google send the app to my phone doesn't seem to work (have to download from the phone).

Boot/shutdown should be in /system/media.

Looking at this via Root Explorer, in /system/media, I see an audio directory and a file called bootanimation.zip. Going into /system/media/audio, I have directories labeled alarms, notifications, ringtones, and ui. I'm not sure which directory to put my sound files in or what names they're supposed to have for the ROM to recognize what the files are supposed to be used for. ;)

I've looked through all the directories and did not see anything with a name that provided any useful hints. :)

Looking at this via Root Explorer, in /system/media, I see an audio directory and a file called bootanimation.zip. Going into /system/media/audio, I have directories labeled alarms, notifications, ringtones, and ui. I'm not sure which directory to put my sound files in or what names they're supposed to have for the ROM to recognize what the files are supposed to be used for. ;)

I've looked through all the directories and did not see anything with a name that provided any useful hints. :)

Oops, I thought you meant the boot/shutdown animations. I can't remember off the top of my head where there sounds were put. Let me check. :)

For the boot animation sound. I think it might be /system/media and name it android_audio.mp3. I can't test it myself, so you would have to do that and see. If it isn't right, I can check some more.

Back
Top Bottom